Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Project

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:59 pm
All times are UTC - 6
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: General/Updates
[Press Inquiry] BBC looking for players to interview
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 11 of 12 [173 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Enigmaster
Decorated

I've nothing really to say on this finding MC HQ business apart from I think it's a bad idea, simply because (IG) they are working with us to find the Cube and are just trying to market these cards (which we've already had previews of!).
Anyways, I've just a few observations about last nights program:
    1. They chose the reporter that probably looked most like Scarlett Very Happy
    2. The map didn't seem to match anything we've got so far (anyone wanna double check though?)
    3. WD to everyone³ who was in the show Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:30 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kayellehear
Boot

c'mon guys. absolutely the pms have nothing to do with the cube. You know this - it would be too simple otherwise! Let's get down to solving the real puzzles. The PMs are there to give us puzzles/help from PC not from earth. Get a grip! This simply served as good publicity for them - remember they don't have editorial control of the BBC.

Think!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:44 pm
lhall
Unfettered

Anyone have a transcript ready? And/or screencaps, if the BBC policy allows that?

Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:58 pm
Leo
Boot

The BBC show really didn't give anything away. The feature on ARG's was just 9 minutes long and only about half that was dedicated to Perplex City.

A brief interview with Michael Smith and Adrian Hon served little purpose than to introduce beginners to the game.

Anyone who missed it really shouldn't worry, and should read the Adrian Hon interview which was more useful in my opinion.

http://www.unfiction.com/compendium/2005/05/05/adrian-hon-perplex-city/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:09 am
Mima
Decorated

Enigmaster wrote:

2. The map didn't seem to match anything we've got so far (anyone wanna double check though?)

Already did! And I am fairly sure that I have a match up, I took a photo of the TV screen to work with so its not a great image, but have a look.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:37 am
Enigmaster
Decorated

Mima wrote:
Already did! And I am fairly sure that I have a match up, I took a photo of the TV screen to work with so its not a great image, but have a look.

Oh yeah Very Happy Nice one.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:55 pm
beano³
Veteran

There may be a way round the copyright of the video - if the sound is extracted and all the interviewed parties agree to it being hosted as a bit torrent and then the BBC agree also and then if the music is taken out or permission is obtained from the composer then the recording can be legally shared.

But I don't see the beeb doing that.

Is it me or did this topic go off a bit and then to the left?

< ^BonoVox^> From the forum: Cube player at Ar holds up message to webcam: "Dinah, bring beer we are parched"

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:51 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
SpaceBass
The BADministrator

I'm curious if a degraded quality clip of the show might be the trick. Lisa Rein posts small Quicktime clips of The Daily Show segments all the time, and she's never been told to yank them, despite the show being on a network owned by a huge media company.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:30 pm
Seej
Unfettered

OK, I know I've been messing with the video for a while now (you don't want to know.....) but I've finally got some caps for you all. The balcony outside the MC office and the map from the computer screen. Personally, I'm not convinced that this balcony is the same as from the pp7.jpg image from the original indexb.html - thoughts?

EDIT: If any of the rest of you who saw the show think there was anything else important on there that I should capture then let me know and I'll post here.
balcony.jpg
 Description   Balcony outside MC HQ
 Filesize   94.22KB
 Viewed   105 Time(s)

balcony.jpg

desktop_map.jpg
 Description   Map from computer desktop
 Filesize   118.99KB
 Viewed   108 Time(s)

desktop_map.jpg

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:50 am
belga
Boot

Did you notice there seem to be lines on the drawing in the screen capture? Like ilines delimitating the diferent parts of the image on the back of the card...
Like if this screen capture is (like we knew) part of a very large map and they take extract in it and keep track of the parts with the lines...

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:24 am
youcantseeme
Boot

it looks a level of sim city.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:31 am
spugmeistress at work

belga wrote:
Did you notice there seem to be lines on the drawing in the screen capture? Like ilines delimitating the diferent parts of the image on the back of the card...
Like if this screen capture is (like we knew) part of a very large map and they take extract in it and keep track of the parts with the lines...

it could be part of the image but equally, since its a screen cap frm a video of another screen cap, iid guess theres a chance the lines could just be picking up interlacing or something?

rach =)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:28 am
Mikeyj
Unfictologist

I seem to remember that the capture was part of a few shots that actually showed someone at the computer and was selecting an area of the screen for just the purpose that Belga suggested. Can you confirm this Seej with your copy?

Edit Cheers Seej! Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:35 am
Last edited by Mikeyj on Tue May 17, 2005 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Seej
Unfettered

spugmeistress at work wrote:
it could be part of the image but equally, since its a screen cap frm a video of another screen cap, iid guess theres a chance the lines could just be picking up interlacing or something?

Nope - it's definitely part of the image - you can't tell from this static image, but as the camera moved the lines on the computer screen in the picture stayed in the same place relative to the map. *Cough* Maybe you'll be able to see what I mean later Wink

EDIT:MikeyJ - I don't know if they were selecting part of the image or not - there appeared to be more than one box made of those lines so I think it's unlikely, but it was a Mac and I don't really know the OS. From what I remember the shot is very brief of the screen. We see someone at a desk, the camera zooms in on the screen, some sort of menu pops up that looks like a recent Mac OS, then it cuts to another shot.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:37 am
Last edited by Seej on Tue May 17, 2005 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Atrophied
Entrenched

dang, I hope that means a lo-res to med-res short film. (hopefully streamable in .wmv format). Smile You can do it seej Smile

"The Future's bright, the Future's Cuboid" - Juxta

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:41 am
Page 11 of 12 [173 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: General/Updates
Jump to: