Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:20 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Strange Dreams Pt. 1 & 2
[E-Mail] From Alyssa - goodbye
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
Midnight
Boot

[E-Mail] From Alyssa - goodbye

Alyssa sent us this mail on 27-03

Quote:
Wow. This is really my last email as Apple Harbor Webadmin. I knew it was coming, I just didn't realize it would end quite like this. Getting kicked out of my house hasn't made it any easier. So now I am without a job and without a home.

It's my own fault, really. I made some bad decisions, and they came back to bite me in the ass. I really wish I could tell you everything. You've all been so nice to me; you're the friends I've always wished for.

I have to finish packing. The last thing to go will be my computer, my final escape. And then, that will be gone too. Put into a box, and buried away. I will leave this small house, this small town, and this small life. The only things I've known for so long.

Until I can get resettled, I have set up a temporary email account that I might be able to check every once and a while at aabellereveSPLATgmail.com. I wish I could say when I'll be able to read it, but I honestly don't know at this point.

So farewell for now, my friends. I wish you all the best. I never deserved your kindness.

a.a.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:59 pm
 ICQ Number 
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Midnight
Boot

Alyssa is okay for now!

I sent her an e-mail, asking her how she was. Got the following reply.

Quote:
Ms Midnight!

I can't believe it, either! Well, I can, because it happened, but lets just say it was quite unexpected. Then again, I did make a deal with the devil (so to speak) so I shouldn't be surprised I got burned.

It's a long story. Lets just say I made a deal and wasn't able to hold up my end of the bargain. The result was, I lost my home. It's really too bad my Mom's house sold so quickly -- I might have moved in there if I had known I'd needed a place to stay. Now that I think about it, it sold *very* quickly. Same day. That's so odd!

Luckily, I have a little money saved up from what insurance my Mom left me, and didn't go towards paying bills. Not enough to live comfortably on, especially not without a job, but I'll survive.

My mom was really the only family I had -- I have a cousin, somewhere, but I don't even know their name =( And as for friends...most of them I met not too long ago on that chat thing that you and that other nice lady sent me. She's not talking to me anymore, though -- I think I hurt her feelings.

I found a cheap hotel to stay at for the time being -- free cable TV, and the rooms are clean if a little sparse. It's nowhere close to being a home though. All my things (including this computer) are going into storage, until I can find some place more permanent.
Unfortunately, I don't have a job, and most places do background checks to see if you're a safe person to rent to. It'll be tough for a while. I might even have to go back to serving up coffee, as long as it's a midnight shift Wink

I'll try and stop by the chat one last time tonite, if they don't disconnect my phone before then. I know it's late for you, so I'll try to get on as early as possible. If I don't get to see you, thanks for everything! And if I get the chance, I'll check this email as much as possible.

Thank you so much for writing! I appreciate the letter, and I'll promise to take as good care as I can.

a.a.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:01 pm
 ICQ Number 
Midnight
Boot

more mail

Got this mail from Alyssa today:

Quote:
Ms. Midnight,

I have to admit, it's really weird. All my stuff is gone away and I'm left with nothing but the clothes on my back and whatever I could fit into a suitcase. And yet, I don't feel like I've lost anything. If anything, I feel even more free, as if the things I had held on to for all these years were just holding me down. All the memories I lovingly wrapped and packed into boxes were nice to revisit, but now that they're all out of reach I find I don't miss them.

As I was moving out, I realized there was an opportunity to be had -- I put up a "For Sale" sign, and left some bigger things on the lawn for people to see. Within an hour I had sold my entire living room set and most of my bedroom. I didn't know that china cabinet was an antique...I got four hundred dollars for it! And my leather sofa, and my queen sized bed frame (I felt weird about giving someone the mattress, so I left that on the curb---someone took it!) and my TV (that, I admit, was the hardest to let go of).

So after paying the movers, I went to the electronics store and bought myself an el cheapo laptop! Turns out this motel doesn't have internet access, but it does have free local calls. Good thing my ISP lets me use dialup for free as part of my plan. Actually, stupid me prepaying for DSL for the year, but it's too late for that now. So I might still be able to stop by on occasion, if I'm not out snooping about this lead I found out about. Turns out the movers I hired had done a big job in Apple Harbor three weeks ago -- a "corporate beach party" was the way they explained it to me! Seems like those vagrants might not have just "disappeared" into nothing like we thought.

My Mom's house was bought by a real estate developer in her town, but
I'd never heard of them before. My real estate agent handled most of
the transaction. She told me it was the best deal I was going to get for her area, and had everything signed off on by the end of that week. I didn't want to get involved -- I knew my mom had left some big debt behind; her life insurance was pretty small, and this was the only way I thought to get it taken care of.

I'm sorry I missed you, too! I'll try to be around again tonight or tomorrow, especially if I find out any more about what happened that night. I have a good feeling about this. I think I might actually be able to make a difference.

a.a.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:49 pm
 ICQ Number 
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Strange Dreams Pt. 1 & 2
Jump to: