Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:30 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[LOCKED] STARTING YOUR OWN GAME OR TRAIL? READ THIS FIRST.
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
SpaceBassModerator
The BADministrator

STARTING YOUR OWN GAME OR TRAIL? READ THIS FIRST.
Updated April 25, 2008 -SpaceBass

First, let me congratulate you on your initiative. I totally love this stuff and am glad to see more and more people becoming interested in it all the time, especially those dedicated and/or insane enough to want to take a stab at Puppetmastery for their fellows' entertainment.

Okay, now let's get a couple of things straight. Even though I love what you're doing, there are a few rules on this board that you really must keep in mind.

First, don't register a second account just to post your trailhead or rabbithole. Duplicate accounts are a no-no and really not worth it anyway, as you'll see when you read my next point.

Next point, once you've posted your initial clue, stop posting about it. I look the other way for trailhead posts, even though they're about as clichéd as a launch can get (along with spamming your trailhead to random members of the community), but I won't look the other way if you keep coming back. That's just bad form and in a way a little insulting to your players. This includes posting under your regular account as if you're playing your own game when you're really just prodding people along. It also includes posting under anonymous unregistered nicks or creating new registered nicks to masquerade as players or in-game characters.

That's pretty much it for the rules actually. But let me encourage you to try to find some other way to launch your game. If you really can't think of any way besides dropping a blatant link or clue on the forums, feel free to contact one of the forum admins (currently: SpaceBass, vpisteve, jamesi, imbri, Gupfee, ScarpeGrosse, Giskard, and xnbomb) by email or PM, give us your trailhead info, and have us post it for you. We'll be completely discreet and post it as an anonymous tip for you, then use the Force to erase our memories of the entire event. Unless, of course, you post to that thread we started for you. Razz

NEW BEST OPTION: Submit your game tip to Despoiler. Be patient after submission as players will generally pick it up and begin discussion themselves, if interested.

Good luck with your efforts!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:58 pm
Last edited by SpaceBassModerator on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ScarpeGrosseModerator
Site Admin

Location: The Shiny Castle in the Sky, Full of Cotton Candy and Hazelnut Lattes

Since the big "announcement" and "welcome" box at the very top left of every page of the forum seems to have been over-looked more than I care to admit recently, I'm bumpity bump bump bump mcbumping this thread.

All potential and current PMs - Please, PLEASE take note. The guidelines and rules of this forum are well-documented and have been in place for a while now. To ignore them, whether intentionally or not, is a disappointment to everyone involved in the community.

I'd like to further quote SpaceBass from above of the key rule (I mean, really, we only have like, 2 rules here. They shouldn't be difficult to grasp or follow):
Quote:
This includes posting under your regular account as if you're playing your own game when you're really just prodding people along. It also includes posting under anonymous unregistered nicks or creating new registered nicks to masquerade as players or in-game characters.

Thank you, and thank you for your continued respect and support of the UF forums and the community.

We <3 you.

We just <3 you more when you don't make us bang our heads on our desks in frustration.

As always, any questions regarding the above can be directed to any of the Forum Admins via PM - SpaceBass, Jamesi, Gupfee, ScarpeGrosse, Vpisteve, and Bill

Thanks again!

Tumblr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: