Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:30 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Chasing the Wish » CTW: Quick Reference
The Story So Far
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
kingohugs
Veteran

Re: Bruce

dmax wrote:
imbri wrote:

So I tend to like Bruce right now. He genuinely seems to care.

Which means I immediately don't trust him. Wink

The one that I don't like is the wife. Afer reading just the first few days of the journal, I was already thinking it was her attitude that was pulling our man Dale to pieces. I'm hoping Dale learns to see this in time.

So, It's a Wonderful Life meets The Twilight Zone meets The Sopranos?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:23 am
 ICQ Number 
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Tien_Le
Charter Member

Re: Bruce

kingohugs wrote:

The one that I don't like is the wife. Afer reading just the first few days of the journal, I was already thinking it was her attitude that was pulling our man Dale to pieces. I'm hoping Dale learns to see this in time.

I just hope there are some positive females in the plot. This wife isn't worth mourning from what I can tell. (I think this guy should have wished for a backbone.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:55 am
dmax
Unfictologist

Female contact

Maybe he'll have a hot nurse and give up on this wish stuff. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:04 pm
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

March 1 - late night updates

The night of Feb 28th found us with an update at CTW:

Quote:
Chasing The Wish is LIVE.
If you did not receive the game launching e-mail or perhaps deleted it without realizing what it was, please e-mail us at Registration so we can, first of all, verify that we have a complete and accurate record set for you in our database. After that we will send the initial e-mail out to you again if you request it in your e-mail. You can also find a compete transcript of the opening e-mail at any of the Forum sites listed on our Links page. We apologize to anyone who didn't receive the initial mailing but from what we can tell our bulk mailing to over 500 people was at least 95% successful.

Enjoy the game. And please, send us your comments, praise, or criticism to Info .

We also found that there were three new emails in Dale's box:
1) spam (?) from AIU Online (legit university)

2) the webmaster (Sam) from Aglauranj.org
Quote:
I made those changes to your site and your server for you today like your e-mail asked me to do but I gotta tell ya things are acting a little weird there. First of all, I had to make the changes a couple of times. I swear I FTP'd the new stuff to the server and then, when I went back to check things out, there was old stuff posted there.I'm not sure what happened but I fixed it and it seems cool now. But you've also had a weird rush of traffic to your site man. The only reason I know was 'cause I was experiencing congestion trying to upload stuff so I checked your webstats from the control panel you gave me access to and there's been a shitload of people on your site today. What's going on? Oh, the other thing you asked about. I feel weird about this but, hey, who am I to question it? I did locate the newsclip you wanted, of the accident report you know. I'll try and post it somewhere by tomorrow and send an e-mail with the link. OK?

This suggests that there will be another update on the Aglaura website today/tonight telling us more about Diana & Meaghan's death and the accident.

3) Email from Dale's Insurance Company which led us to a new website: www.collectiveprotective.com

Quote:
As your insurance company, we at Collective Protective would like to say we're sorry you had an accident on 02/14/2003 in Pemberton Twsp, NJ and would like to assure you that your reports and claims are being processed just as soon as possible. please be certain to make yourself available to our adjustors who will be calling you to discuss the details of the accident and your applicable coverages.
supportSPLATcollectiveprotective.com
We put the pieces back together again.
34097xx65736243239857ui23658

And Aquarium site yielded a few more tidbits: some of the paragraphs of text are broken links, SpaceBass figured out the diverting link escribiraSPLATestadireccion.com (ie. a generic email address).

Known responses from last night:

ms_gwyn sent an email to the Mayor of Aglaura posing as a contact to Channel 8 news, asking for background info for a story about the traffic accident and the tragic death of a prominent Aglaura citizen.

A number of players have sent email to recordsSPLATcollectiveprotective.com
seeking information or access to Dale's account.

Maybe a few other players (I did this) send email to supportSPLATcollectiveprotective.com inquiring about their policies.

A number of players have contacted Bruce Abbott as well (babbottSPLATanonymousfame.com). I asked about Dale, posing as a family friend ("my daughter played with Meaghan").

Wes (from Emporium of the Weird) sent out a (mostly) form letter in response to all the requests (from the first night - his mail box must have exploded) for bumper stickers. It reminds us to check back at his site for new items soon.

I think that sums it up. Please add if I've forgotten anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:30 pm
kimer
Unfettered

Re: Dale is going to the loony bin!

[quote="cemgate2002"]
vpisteve wrote:

Plus, the bad guys haven't forgiven his little debt yet:

xdfgrthsodSPLATblindmailerproxy.com

Interesting if you look at the email addy, it reminds me of "godfathers", except there is an "x" and "d" instead of an "a" and an "e".

I contend that Empty Threats was source of loan.... interesting enough per their company info parent company is SOD, LLC.... so godfatherSOD@ makes sense... but why? Sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:47 pm
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Chasing the Wish » CTW: Quick Reference
Jump to: