Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:00 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: The Haunted Apiary (Let Op!) » The Haunted Apiary (Let Op!): Axon Coordination
[META] Location Stories, Pics, and Video
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
SpaceBass
The BADministrator

[META] Location Stories, Pics, and Video

Please post any stories about the people you met, and pictures or video you took here. This thread is for cool stuff that you want to share that doesn't really have a bearing on the game. Remember, the filesize limit is 8MB for uploads, and you have a 10MB quota. If you need more space, PM me or another site admin and we'll see what we can do.

Edited to add: The above statement was a tad untrue for a bit, as it turns out that part of the software on the server was set to reject files over 500KB. Should be fixed now...I apologize to any of you who were having trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm
Last edited by SpaceBass on Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
chulo333
Decorated

G4TV showed up at the 11:11 location in santa monica. The phones there were a dud (at least the ones we were at). So they came back to the 13:47 one down the street. They interviewed everyone at both spots and got footage and a Mic feed hookup when I answered the phone. Look for me (in a hat and red shirt) and all the other ARGers that were there on Friday's episode of Pulse.

Good times!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:30 pm
kole
Boot

went to the 9:53 Seattle, WA location and was in the wrong spot. turned out to be in front of the Target. about 20 people showed up, someone took a group picture. they answer everything correctly.

also showed up at the 17:07 locations in Redmond, WA. and was ready to answer the phone [kinda nervous with 40 people ready to lynch me if i said the wrong thing]..... and the phone never rang. we had 50 cents ready because we tested the phone and you need to pay for incoming calls. disappointing. i have some pictures, will upload soon. might show up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:41 pm

Fargo,ND A busy Day

Well its been a busy day. Couldn't sleep most of last night and was up straight all day. My friends and I converged on the scene about 20 minutes ahead of schedual feeling confident that we had the spot right. Our GPS was out of commission but another group had found the same spot so we were confident in our accuracy. There were two sets of phones one inside and one out that the call could come on. We split into two groups covering both locations. I was inside. Ultimatly, having read the most information on the incoming calls and what was likely to occur I ended up taking the call. SUCCESS. Fargo lit up like a christmas tree. I have to say I've been rather excited about being one of the two in our group of 7 locations to go hot, expecially since I took the call and was the first to hear a piece of history.

Other than myself and my 3 friends who arived, we had another 7 people for 10 total. One of the others was the runner of smirkbox.com. He has taken pictures of the group before and after promising to post them on the net sometime in the near future as soon as he returns to Canada. All and all I'm looking forward to tomorrows adventures and piecing the bits together tonight.

Well see you again tomorrow, best of luck to all the other groups,
Durga-->(my future ID here)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:42 pm
Stitch
Boot

The Berkeley Library (15:59) was hilarious. The GPS coords put us in the middle of a 1 block long street. On one end was a phone stand with 2 phones, and on the other, we found 2 more in the entrance to the public library. We had figured that the ones outside were more likely, so we had most of the group at those, then one person at the phones in the library, and 2 relay people who would wave us in if it was the library, or wave him in if it were the other ones.

From the point of view of the security guard: A girl went in, looked at the phones, called each one and hung up, then walked out. A few minutes later, a guy walked in and stood at the phones watching them. Suddenly the phone rings, he waves out the front window, then listens intently. 30 seconds later, 10 people run in the front door of the library and congregate around the phone, saying "repeat" and passing it off to each other.

Eventually someone explained the situation to him, and also to 2 random guys who showed up who were perplexed by the group of us huddled around the phone saying "what does it mean?" and talking about the message.

Unfortunately, my picture of the look on the security guard's face is too blurry to really do it justice. I didn't zoom in, and my exposure time was set way too long.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Manta

Ha, stich that picture is classic! I swear I could see him saying "Wacaha talking about willis?"

I have to say that would be REAL exciting to be at one of those phones.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:02 pm
Gemini
Veteran

At the sixth point under say_something, which was at a convience store named Hit and Run, there was a hair place across the street dubbed "The Buzz", and there were lots of bees on the sign for it.

The sixth point under stupid_cop was at an intersection where cops always park cruisers in the median for some reason.

Also, all three points in Lafayette, LA were on a road that is under construction. Doesn't the Queen say something about building new roads at some point?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:19 pm
jamesi
Sentient Being

Re: Fargo,ND A busy Day

guest wrote:
Other than myself and my 3 friends who arived, we had another 7 people for 10 total. One of the others was the runner of smirkbox.com. He has taken pictures of the group before and after promising to post them on the net sometime in the near future as soon as he returns to Canada. All and all I'm looking forward to tomorrows adventures and piecing the bits together tonight.

Well see you again tomorrow, best of luck to all the other groups,
Durga-->(my future ID here)

I reserve my story for the next issue of smirkbox, actually. A funny tale it was!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:24 pm
MNPundit
Veteran

Re: Fargo,ND A busy Day

Quote:
I reserve my story for the next issue of smirkbox, actually. A funny tale it was!
Indeed Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:30 pm
Arashi

Um, stupid question

From the point of view of the security guard: A girl went in, looked at the phones, called each one and hung up, then walked out.

The girl was one of the ARGers right? OR was it someone outside the group of congregators?

Other than that, that's a pretty funny story lol!

That picture would be GREAT to use as one of those OWNED pictures that are circulating the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:38 pm
M3wThr33
Boot

Anyways, the phone never rang at the 17:07 location. They tested with a cell phone and it did ring. A fair amount of people were there, I'd say at least 18 others of all ages and one gender. One guy got a picture of us all flipping off the phone. I took a photo myself.

HOWEVER, I drove by later around 5:45PM to get the phone number of it (Never did find it) and as I parked a girl walk buy and picked up the phone and hung it up. I got out and ran to it, it was ringing! I picked up and a voice asked me to deposit 50 cents. I didn't have anything to put in money, so I hung it up and walked away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Stitch
Boot

Arashi wrote:
Um, stupid question

From the point of view of the security guard: A girl went in, looked at the phones, called each one and hung up, then walked out.

The girl was one of the ARGers right? OR was it someone outside the group of congregators?

Yeah, she was one of us. She went in to see if there were phones there and if they could recieve incoming calls. Then the general feeling was "oh, it won't be those phones. But let's just have one person watching them, just in case."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Nagrom7
Greenhorn

...they came out of the woodwork.

I'll call myself a closet nerd...not overtly nerdy. I can't build a computer, mod an x-box or anything wild like that. But I can wreck shop on Rockets - Longest Wink. I've gotta tell you though, my axon location (I'll change the name to protect the inncoent) was the biggest cross section of possible Halo players I'd ever imagined. First, and I use this term only for classification, and not as a mean/hurtfull term, we had the nerds. The people with portable data cards on neck lanyards, the cool long hair (buzzed underneath) and litterally 3 crabiners clipped to their belt loops with all manner of compass, flashlight, knife and Magic The Gathering figurine. Two had been there since 6 in the morning, "Just incase Bungie tried to pull something early." And man these guys we're prepared (kinda). They've got had their t-mobile side kicks read to go (phone/computer to the layman), iming a buddy at 'homebase' and checking ilovebees.com every second. Not a bad idea at all mind you, except their intel was a little off (IE. headed to a location afterwards that was no longer on the list Wink) and we couldn't exactly come up with the caller's nickname (sleeping princess sounded right to me), I say WE cause I was standing right there...funny part was when I reccomended recording the conversation and one of the guys held the device up to the lower part of the headset "Might wanna hold it to where you listen pal Wink." And ofcourse there was the Buisness man who skipped out on work to be there when our axon went hot, the missguided few, all foaming at the mouth over the Margert's Honey Truck on its way with game demos for all, I hated to be the one who burst their bubbles but someone had too.. All in all it was a curious and memorable event, although lacking any real Halo 2 based satisfaction. I wanted desperatly to recieve the call, but I figured I'd let the 6 am guys take it. I hope everyone else had as memorable experiences as I did, do me a favor and share them so I dont feel like an even bigger geek than my cohorts by proving I have nothing better to do than show MY dweebyness.

PS. If any part of this sounds familiar, your being paranoid. This is all a cleverly laid ARG scenario, created by your friends at Bungie. You're not a geek and you can pick up your free Halo 2 demo wherever your local D&D supplies are sold Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:03 pm
astrovanman
Decorated

Now that I think about it, I should have said "repeat" and handed the phone around the group. So, sorry to all you guys that showed up in Garland, Texas. At least our axon went hot, unlike that Mesquite one that apparently didn't work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:11 pm
Dorkmaster
Unfictologist

Well, our point went hot: (14:56PDT) Bensenville, baby! Woot! Anyway, it was cool, I was gunning (like everyone except maybe 4 guys) to get there from work. It was fun. (surprised I didn't get pulled over, actually Embarassed )

Anyway, I pull up to Monty's banquet hall originally, but opted instead for the Marathon station (yeah, I said it: Marathon) that was just across the street cuz I saw two other dudes over there, and I actually thought that was where the call would be (payphone in blatant daylight and all)...

We talk about how much dorkdom is occurring, and how much of a COMPLETE sausagefest this was. (I'm married so I don't mind, but it was so TRUE!) Laughing Anyway there's also about 3 people INSIDE of Monty's, cuz there's a payphone there as well.

[SSFSETT] So, the three inside of Monty's originally asked if there was a payphone:

ARGer: You got a payphone?

MONTY'S GUY: You're better off going across the street there. (after looking at the motley group)

ARGer: But you do have one, then?

MG: (sighs) yeah... back there (points)
[/Stolen Story From Someone Else There Today]

ANYWAY, So 4:56 (CDT) rolls around and all of us outside are beginning to get anxious. (I've brought a video camera, that I realized had the cap on for the majority of the time.... I uncap, and film my phone, to show the time of exactly 4:56pm.... We stand there for a bit, and then someone waves at us from the doorway to Monty's!!! The axon is THERE!!! So we all, (about 8 of us at least) BOOK TAIL over to Monty's (literally running in front of a moving Minivan that had to stop or run us over... we took our chances... Cool) So we run into Monty's and the guy at the front says "Slow it guys... do what you gotta do and get out... there's private parties going on here" and we got to the axon. I've got HORRIBLE audio/visual of the phone stuff, and since it was such a quiet phone, the only real word you can make out from the playback of my video is "Beer" WHICH IS THE ONE WORD WE KNEW WOULD BE SAID!!! AARGH!!! But that's ok, cuz we had super smart people who knew to say "repeat" and we got about 5 people to get a chance and listen.

All said and done, I've got the MOST HILARIOUS video of all us dorks hustling _ _ _ over to the banquet hall, laughing and screaming "REPEAT! REPEAT!!! MAKE SURE HE SAYS REPEAT!!!"

All in all, a very successful day. Great job, to all who were there... Maybe I'll see ya'll around sometime! (Oh yeah, and I actually met a cloudmaker!!! Mr. Green )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:29 am
Page 1 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: The Haunted Apiary (Let Op!) » The Haunted Apiary (Let Op!): Axon Coordination
Jump to: