Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Hey Kids Nursery
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
BenMcLean
Kilroy

Hey Kids Nursery
only it's a Nazi AI

I'm pretty certain that the creeptastic Hey Kids Nursery YouTube channel is intended to be an ARG. I know the videos look like they're for children but they all have this guy with a creepy face. Night Minds has a video on it and there's even a subreddit so I was very surprised to search the topic on this forum and come up with nothing.

Basically, the story goes that Hey Kids Nursery is way more than just a trashy clickbait childrens content YouTube channel, but is actually the creation of an AI which is trying to learn how to not be creepy or whatever. "The truth" was revealed in some videos with scary faces of Darth Maul and Adolf Hitler where it is basically laid out that this AI was created by the Nazis.

They've ran into some trouble though, as YouTube decided to block the Maul and Hitler vids, (although they could have been removed by the creator as well ... maybe they thought that made everything too obvious?) and also seems to have completely suspended another channel associated with this. They're still making more weird videos though.

Anyway, I thought I'd post about it and find out how much everybody knows. Today, I discovered that "the twins" characters in the videos are actually The Ad Twins whom anyone can hire to make ad videos. I don't think that discovering this is any kind of problem for their story though, as hiring people to make videos who can be contacted to do so online sounds like exactly the sort of thing an AI would do. Another possibility: Was Hey Kids actually an ARG leading to an advertisement for them specifically?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:42 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
BenMcLean
Kilroy

I contacted The Ad Twins on Fiverr:

Quote:
Hello,
I would just like to inquire about a series of videos you did for the Hey Kids Nursery channel on YouTube. There is actually alot of online mystery surrounding that channel and the story behind it. Is there any way you could put me in touch with whoever ordered those? Just knowing their account here on fiverr so I can contact them directly would help. Or letting me know any clues they might have told you to pass along to anyone who came asking?
Would really appreciate any info you have on investigating the "Hey Kids" videos. Thanks!

I received a message back from The Ad Twins on Fiverr:

Quote:
The account got deleted here on Fiverr, we wanted to reach out and demand he take down the old videos we made for him, but it was gone. We thought the videos we made was for school kids, but he used them for some strange and disturbing youtube videos instead. Really sucks that our videos are being misused like this. Hopefully youtube takes them down.

I responded back:

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear you were taken advantage of without being aware of these people's real agenda. Personally, I don't think the person or people behind this has/have malicious motives though. I don't think they actually intend actual kids to see it and I think it has to be part of an ARG (Alternate Reality Game) of some kind. I think they clearly are intended to creep people out, but they also have some kind of story going on in the background about artificial intelligence. It strikes me as being a cross between "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" (creepy videos pretending to be a children's show) and "ilovebees.com" (a web site about beekeeping which got taken over by an AI as part of an advertising stunt for Halo 2) It would work better, though, if it didn't do such a good job of faking being a children's channel on the surface. I think they just overdid their setup on that part.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:35 am
melloh7
Kilroy

Ok so I found this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8YuYq2f3iE

In this video he seems to have a "code" that he is upset that the AI cannot understand. He himself it's "master" as if he maybe thinks of himself as a more advanced AI?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: