Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:04 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
lot2046.com
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
ProShrink
Kilroy

lot2046.com

Unsure if this is an ARG or just being marketed with the complexity and strange messages of one.

www.lot2046.com
https://soundcloud.com/user-788320148

I am at work for the day. Let me know if any of you try calling the phone number:

https://lot2046-images.s3.amazonaws.com/press/desktop/lot_2046_60.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:53 am
Last edited by ProShrink on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
themightymooker
Veteran

Lots to parse through here. I made no progress on the soundcloud. The website is odd...it feels like a standard online store but with...more going on? I'm uncertain about its ARG potential, but here's what I got from the image:

We have a quotation from
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Romans 8:38

We have the date, which
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
coincides with Mardi Gras, which is, of course, a Christian celebration which comes before Ash Wednesday

We have a temperature and an indication of relative humidity. Maybe we need to cross-reference the temperature with a location during Mardi Gras this year? 73.4 degrees Fahrenheit is pretty warm for February (assuming we're talking about the northern hemisphere where February indicates Winter), which potentially shrinks our search. It's an idea.

Lastly, we have the phone number. A Google search yielded nothing, (although 628 is a San Francisco area code), so I called it. I got no ring tone, just an immediate recording telling me the person I was calling hadn't set up their voice mailbox. Pretty disappointing. Also, the temperature doesn't match up with San Fran on February 28th of this year.

Hope my initial work helps out in some way!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:55 pm
catherwood
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

themightymooker wrote:
We have a temperature and an indication of relative humidity.
Don't look at the image above, but compare the footer you get in your browser when you view it. I'll wager you see latitude/longitude near your own location as well as your location weather readings.

For example, today I get:
Quote:
4/12/2017 12:27:45 PM
The Last Hour, LLC (Perhaps)
For the good death (Rain 63F)
Neither Instagram
Nor Firefox
Nor San Leandro
Nor support @ lot 2046 com
Nor +1 628 444 9791 (Perhaps)
Payments by Stripe
(Jeremiah 29:11)
37.6866,-122.1569
Thanks bye

Yesterday, I saw:
Quote:
4/11/2017 3:16:15 PM
The Last Hour, LLC (Perhaps)
For the good death (Clouds 66F)
Neither Instagram
(all the rest was identical)

I guess my local weather API didn't give them a humidity number. It senses I'm using Firefox, and picks a city within a 50-mile radius based on my IP address, which is only as accurate as whatever database they are polling.

(btw, welcome ProShrink to Unfiction, where we prefer not to stretch our forum window with superwide images. Either upload as an attachment (which will display a thumbnail) or simply give a link. Thanks)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:32 pm
4freedom
Kilroy

Well, after visiting their instagram, I texted the number (which also happened to be on their website). After some googling, a russian news site says that the creator is Vadik Marmeladov. I'll let his website speak for itself.

After texting the number, I think this is just a quirky advertising stunt. I could be wrong, but here is the conversation I had with the number, who I assume is Mr. Marmeladov.

EDIT: A bit more, pretty confident it is a quirky lifestyle brand, but I've been wrong before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:13 am
ProShrink
Kilroy

Thank you all for doing the hard work. It is too bad this looks like a dead end. Would have been exciting to find something with this. Maybe Marmeladov has other intentions for the future of this brand.

catherwood wrote:
(btw, welcome ProShrink to Unfiction, where we prefer not to stretch our forum window with superwide images. Either upload as an attachment (which will display a thumbnail) or simply give a link. Thanks)

Also, thank you for the welcome! I have updated the original post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 pm
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: