Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:04 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
The Wizard Curriculum
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
mesonoxian
Greenhorn

The only word in the image is "seven", there are seven other symbols or pictures around it. One of the pictures is "find me". I wonder if we are looking for a set of seven things, with one missing. Maybe the seven metals or seven classical planets?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:25 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
amandel
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Welcome to uF, mesonoxian. Really value your "7 set" theory and while I didn't find a confirmation with e.g. 7 Latin days of the week, 7 Harry Potter book titles etc. it's a sound & fun idea I'll keep exploring.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:14 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mrshomersimpson
Entrenched

Quote:
The letter came the day after her world ended. The day after any hope that she might maintain her slim foothold of power ended. It had no postmark.

It read:

Do you wish to be come like the gods? Immortal? Powerful? Or Wise?

You must begin with nothing. A bare nothing.

The German philosophers believed that austerity led to greatness and adornments led to mediocrity. What are your adornments? Can you remove them?

To do so we must go further back than the Germans or even the Romans or even the Greeks. We must go back to the Temple.

Remember this: "Nosce te ipsum." It is a saying that has passed through time. Learn it. Study it. Use it as your guide.

To assist you we will provide notes. They will be your touchstone, your province, your domain.

You will lay the stones on the path to greatness and your power will be restored.

Cheers!

Quote:
Nosce Te Ipsum is an ancient Latin and Greek aphorism meaning "Know Thyself". A saying that has passed through time, serving as a reminder of each individual's own divine self.

I know that I know myself but do i really want to use it as my guide. My guess is we are searching for a domain name with something associated with the 7

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. So said by the idiot who can't understand it."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:44 pm
amandel

The Wizard email quoted above contains a major clue that I'm posting unspoilered for future access: http://www.notes.wizardcurriculum.com/ Contents below:

Quote:
WELCOME TO THE EXTERNAL TEMPLE
YOUR PASSWORD IS THE 13TH.
THE WIZARD STAFF WILL UNLOCK IT.

So, have emailed the Wizard Staff for assistance after checking those "13TH" that seem relevant. YAY, there are 19 External Temple Members now!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:17 pm
3Labrat
Greenhorn

I feel a bit stupid now and Im probably overthinking it. But I dont get it... 13th what? Uuuh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:38 am
amandel

Welcome to uF, 3Labrat. Was also befuddled. Now the email below indicates imo "the 13th" January. Dunno

The Wizard Staff in an email reply wrote:
Thank you for finding our notes.

Assistance provided: the 13th of something. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:56 pm
Superspork
Greenhorn

Just signed up today and received this message:
Quote:
"What does this mean?" she asked, running her fingers over the letters.

"It means, Know Thyself."

"What does that mean?"

"Different things. Some people believe it's an ancient Greek aphorism. Others believe it goes back even further, to ancient Egypt."

"What is it important?"

"The ancients believe that you must know yourself before you can know the gods."

"What is this funny symbol?"

"It's called a pictogram. It conveys its meaning through a physical representation of an actual object, unlike our alphabet, which is an arbitrary representation of sounds or word parts."

"Interesting."

"Are you ready to begin?"

"Yes."

"Leave everything behind and come with me."

Are there any other messages not posted in the forums yet?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:07 pm
mesonoxian
Greenhorn

Hi, amandel! Thanks for the friendly greeting.

Sadly, I think I am going to have to retract my idea. I found the image the word "seven" was taken from, and the light bulbs are part of that image, so they are probably not intended to be counted separately.

http://twistynoodle.com/practice-writing-the-word-seven-worksheet/[/img]

EDIT:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):

I had an idea. aes7gs can be anagrammed to "7 sages". The seven sages were Greek philosophers. Each of them had an aphorism. On of them, Thales of Miletus had as his aphorism "gnothi seauton" or "know thyself". I sent an email to staffSPLATwizardcurriculum.com with that information.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:12 am
Superspork
Greenhorn

I apologize if I spoilered too much, wasn't sure how much I should cover. If I overdid it please let me know and I won't go as overboard next time I post.

Mesonoxian, good find on the image. I kept trying to figure out the light bulbs, but if it is a graphics mistake it all makes more sense. I agree with you about the message. I verified the two symbols from Cherry and Elethamei’s conversation. The meanings are found here: http://www.mummies2pyramids.info/hieroglyphics/hieroglyph-letter-a.htm and here: http://www.mummies2pyramids.info/hieroglyphics/hieroglyph-letter-g.htm. The message seems to be
“Seven Sages.”

I have a few thoughts about
Thales.
I only received the message I posted, no attachments, so I am relying on the forum for the rest of the information.

Mrshomersimpson posted,
Quote:
“To do so we must go further back than the Germans or even the Romans or even the Greeks. We must go back to the Temple.”

My message stated,
Quote:
“Different things. Some people believe it's an ancient Greek aphorism. Others believe it goes back even further, to ancient Egypt.”

The image included ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics and the message “Know thyself” seems to be a big clue.

Finally, the website’s Temple page shows an external Temple with people waiting and an internal Temple with access granted starting to on the 17th of January.

To me, this doesn't point directly to Thales, but to the Luxor Temple in Egypt which included the message of “Know thyself” on its wall. While I can't be sure of the accuracy of the information because it's source (a book) is hard to obtain without money, the Wikipedia page states that the Luxor Temple had an external Temple and an internal Temple. Access to the internal temple is granted when you prove yourself. The information is located here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_thyself.

There are two issues I still have. First, the message is also located at the Temple in Delphi, but I see no reference to an external Temple and internal Temple. Still, with the “Seven Sages” reference, it is a possible location to consider. The other issue is that I cannot figure out what the 13th is referencing.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:57 am
amandel

Beaut work, mesonoxian, solving the "findme.jpg" puzzle and esp. not quitting after your setback. Am interested how Wizard Staff will reply to your email.

Impressive temple findings, Superspork. My thought is that possibly rather than a specific location, our ARG temple, incl. Hidden, is a metaphor for the "Khemetic education system" LINK Betcha the Wizard Staff would also find your work quite interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:05 am
mesonoxian
Greenhorn

I just got a reply from The Wizard Staff:

Excellent work! Seven Sages was the answer. Thales will be important later.

EDIT:
and another:

You have done wonderful work, Wizards. There is much more to be done. We have opened up new sections of our curriculum.

http://wizardcurriculum.com

Cheers!

The Wizard Staff

with the following attachment:

http://i.imgur.com/XiEpMPq.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:00 pm
3Labrat
Greenhorn

A submarine, the crew of Apollo 13, "HELP" and what exactly is the last picture?

EDIT 1:
I found out the last image is the hebrew letter "mem" which is the 13th letter of the Semitic abjads. Again 13.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Last edited by 3Labrat on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
booba
Unfictologist

Exellent sleuthing! !

I thought the whole thing might read. http://www.sevensages.com/findme

But no luck. Maybe a different sub?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:49 pm
mesonoxian
Greenhorn

There are three new links on wizardcurriculum.com.

Under the text of the link "Preparations" is the following text: rcoqmssqdaszrqdpiuoy.

I tried various rotations and cryptograms solvers, but so far, no dice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:35 pm
amandel

Preparations "rcoqmssqdaszrqdpiuoy" solution
The letter string is a Bifid Cipher decrypting to: the portal is protected

At uF we try to show as much as possible on the thread for easy access, so here's the "helpme.jpeg" & does **happy dance** at ALL the super posts here.

ETA: A possible factoid for the "helpme.jpg" is: "Mem is believed to derive from the Egyptian hieroglyphic symbol for water." LINK
helpme.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   195.93KB
 Viewed   24 Time(s)

helpme.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:01 pm
Page 2 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: