Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Level 7
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Zobot257
Entrenched

Kindw hope that they push back the clock for people, since when the sites down theres nothing anyone can do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Aramiyo
Greenhorn

Seems they have added more time to make up for the downtime. However I suspect another 5 hours isn't going to be enough for me to work this out. I'm not too good at this Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:44 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Aramiyo wrote:
Seems they have added more time to make up for the downtime. However I suspect another 5 hours isn't going to be enough for me to work this out. I'm not too good at this Sad

You and me both. But it's also inconventient timing for me, sadly. Got a job application to work on and lots of other external concerns.

Ah well. I'll get into a lower level and work my way up. There's no way I'm giving up now!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fingerlickin'
Boot

Zobot257 wrote:
Aramiyo wrote:

You and me both. But it's also inconventient timing for me, sadly. Got a job application to work on and lots of other external concerns.

Ah well. I'll get into a lower level and work my way up. There's no way I'm giving up now!

I'm trying to adopt your attitude, but I can't help feeling dumb trying to figure this out. I can't even get to the registration page. Ah well, this is my first hand at args.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:09 am
BruTheHusky
Kilroy

fingerlickin' wrote:
Zobot257 wrote:
Aramiyo wrote:

I'm trying to adopt your attitude, but I can't help feeling dumb trying to figure this out. I can't even get to the registration page. Ah well, this is my first hand at args.

I totally know what you mean. heck I am actually not bad with puzzles, but this one I am stumped on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:24 am
Aramiyo
Greenhorn

If it makes any of you feel any better, I can't even find the registration page.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 pm
iamthor
Boot

Can anyone confirm that they've actually gotten in? I didn't know if the member count was possibly in-game. I know collaboration is discouraged but someone could just verify that it is solvable.

I've found the registration page; I've found the clue to the registration code and tried every possible answer I could think of and no luck.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:58 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

iamthor wrote:
Can anyone confirm that they've actually gotten in? I didn't know if the member count was possibly in-game. I know collaboration is discouraged but someone could just verify that it is solvable.

I've found the registration page; I've found the clue to the registration code and tried every possible answer I could think of and no luck.

I have found the Registration Page and found the clue for how you're supposed to get TO the registration page if you want to go about it the "traditional" way. I haven't found ANY way to generate or identify what a registation code would be, nor has anyone I've asked.

So right no it's entirely possible that everyone at level 7 IS a dummy account of some sort. After all, we don't know anything about this game yet beyond that it's got steep requirements for the highest level for entrance.

That being said, I want there to be some sort of frigging explaination of the puzzle after level 7 registration is finished. I want to know how you're supposed to get in. I dunno if we'll ever GET that explaination, but it'd be nice to at least know, you know? If I'm going to work this hard on a puzzle, I don't want to leave it unsolved. It'd frusterate me to no end. If I'm going to try so hard and fail, I want to be able to learn from it.

And if there's no way to get to level seven at all, it'd feel like trolling. Holding a carrot just out of reach of very puzzle-enthused people, you know?

That being SAID, just because no one on Unforum's gotten it yet doesn't mean that no one's gotten it. This has been put on Reddit/Arg as well, and they've got a twitter and youtube account going, and the initial person who posted this mentioned he initially discovered it on a small forum for puzzle people and such. (Assuming he is to be believed). So it's entirely possible that NO one from Unforum has gotten to be a level 7 member yet, and it's all been people from outside this circle.

Of course, if THAT's the case, I'm actually kinda disappointed. Unforum has many wonderfully clever people, you know?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:37 pm
Aramiyo
Greenhorn

I've been at this for hours and still nothing. I could really do with with a hint, this is driving me mad.

Edit: This was posted on their Twitter account.

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
ZW1hc2VodGRlZG9jbmVlZ2Fzc2VtcnVveWh0aXdkbm9wc2VyZW1hZ2VsdHRpbGtjaXVxYXlydG90dG5hd3RpYXdld2VsaWh3

Not sure what the relevance is but it might be a clue.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:23 pm
Regula123
Boot

Aramiyo wrote:

ZW1hc2VodGRlZG9jbmVlZ2Fzc2VtcnVveWh0aXdkbm9wc2VyZW1hZ2VsdHRpbGtjaXVxYXlydG90dG5hd3RpYXdld2VsaWh3

That's completely irrelevant unfortunately. It's a reversed message, encrypted in Base64, that reads something along the lines "While we wait for the registration, let's play a game. Reply to this tweet using the same method." Too lazy to redo it to get the exact words. And you see a bunch of people replying to them in Base64.

Why am even checking this thread, though? I won't play, but it really bothers me to see people unable to progress. Persevere my new-found friends! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:34 pm
Aramiyo
Greenhorn

Regula123 wrote:
Aramiyo wrote:

That's completely irrelevant unfortunately. It's a reversed message, encrypted in Base64, that reads something along the lines "While we wait for the registration, let's play a game. Reply to this tweet using the same method." Too lazy to redo it to get the exact words. And you see a bunch of people replying to them in Base64.

Why am even checking this thread, though? I won't play, but it really bothers me to see people unable to progress. Persevere my new-found friends! Very Happy

Ah right, thank you. I'm pretty new to this so I guess I need to learn all the tricks. Hopefully I'll get in at some point, probably just not going to be at Level Seven.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:36 pm
Regula123
Boot

Aramiyo wrote:

Ah right, thank you. I'm pretty new to this so I guess I need to learn all the tricks. Hopefully I'll get in at some point, probably just not going to be at Level Seven.

No problem. I'm pretty new myself too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:40 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Hey, I know everyone's having a bit of a hard time here, and I know it sucks we aren't supposed to collaborate.

But you know what? This is Unforum. Solving mysteries online is what we DO.

So once we're allowed to collaborate again? Gentlemen, ladies, and those who choose not to identify? I propose we team up to FLATTEN every challenge that stands in our way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:36 pm
DR6
Boot

iamthor wrote:

There are some people outside of UF that claim to have done it, namely:

/u/gacbmmml, who posted the ARG to Reddit.

+DanielvanOs, who posted it to Google+.

@CherieBrush, who seems to be a friend of Daniel van Os?

This is suspicious: the only people that say they've solved it are either probably first sources of the ARG or friends of first sources(only the Reddit one could be independent). This gives the claim that they could all be PMs some ground. On the other hand, two/three datapoints are not proof of anything, and they could very well actually have solved it too. The register page seems to imply that getting the registration code requires some special particular skills(and Cherie seems to say something like that on G+ too? I didn't understand that comment), so maybe that's why no one here has gotten it. Some people are asking Van Os where he found the ARG, so maybe we'll know more about this shortly.

Cherie claims that level 7 users are going to be "evaluated" now. I wonder what that's about...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:40 pm
Aramiyo
Greenhorn

I found something hidden away and now I feel like I'm onto something regarding the registration key. As for the actual registration page, I know nothing.

Edit: Well I found the registration page. Nothing on the key yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:49 pm
Page 3 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: