Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:34 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Level 7
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Balmoth
Boot

Yeah the no helping each other thing seems a bit harsh. I normally tend to ignore them anyway. (Hi puppet master that is clearly reading this, please don't ban me )

The updated message makes me wonder if it means that registration for the other levels will happen after the one for level 7 is finished.

Anyway tip/spoiler for what I found so far

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
The background of the website is not black. I am guessing the second step is in there too, but still haven't found the right way to unlock it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:22 pm
Last edited by Balmoth on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Zobot257
Entrenched

Balmoth wrote:
Yeah the no helping each other thing seems a bit harsh. I normally tend to ignore them anyway. (Hi puppet master that is clearly reading this, please don't band me )

I THIIIIINK I get it? They're trying to test people's raw abilities in observation and abstract problem solving on their own, without a support network to assist them. I don't like it, but it seems to be having the desired effect on me to keep probing deeper. Even at the cost of my own sanity.

They've indicated the rules may change later, but for now this seems almost like an initiation of sorts. I doubt I'll make the cut, since I'm an undereducated dullard, but at the very least it's pissing me off enough to try to get in out of spite alone. And that's making me think, which is the thing I like about all this.[/quote]

Balmoth wrote:
The updated message makes me wonder if it means that registration for the other levels will happen after the one for level 7 is finished.

Seems like it. In the source code for the website I found a message saying along the lines of "Level 7 recruitment has ended. Level 6 recruitment will begin soon"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syke
Decorated

alritey

ill bite....

this one is a killer...got nothing so far....ill keep digging
Lurking...AlwaysLurking Shifty Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:40 pm
Syke
Decorated

just curious...does anyone have a registration code?

I dont believe i got one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:34 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Syke wrote:
just curious...does anyone have a registration code?

I dont believe i got one

I think part of the challenge is FINDING the registration code.

I was able to find the Registration page, which was very cleverly hidden, but the registration code I suspect is the real trick of it. I have an idea there too, but I can't try it until I get access to a proper computer, which won't happen until at least tomorrow night. Ah well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CrashRocks1419
Boot

I'm guessing the register page has to do with the word capital. SHIFT does nothing, though

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:45 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

CrashRocks1419 wrote:
I'm guessing the register page has to do with the word capital. SHIFT does nothing, though

Why would you say the word "capital"?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:53 pm
CrashRocks1419
Boot

Zobot257 wrote:
CrashRocks1419 wrote:

Why would you say the word "capital"?

I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:57 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Aaaand they have a youtube channel now too. On twitter this was posted:

Quote:
Find Your Path https://t.co/nqktipMt9t via @YouTube

No new clues that I could see, though. Just more advertising.

And at this point I am despairing. I figured out how to get to the registration page, but theres no new clues for how to get a registration code. I'm too dumb to figure this out, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:26 pm
Regula123
Boot

Zobot257 wrote:

And at this point I am despairing. I figured out how to get to the registration page, but theres no new clues for how to get a registration code. I'm too dumb to figure this out, I guess.

Hey you are not the only dumb around here. Razz I've only managed to get the first step so far. But I see 3 more people are in. Nice.

Edit: Make that two.
Capital was indeed a clue.

Now to find the registration code, heh.

Edit2: I guess this is not for me. I'm not overly excited by having my name in public and/or give them my address. I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:20 am
CrashRocks1419
Boot

Regula123 wrote:

Capital was indeed a clue.

yey i'm not dumb hooray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 am
Syke
Decorated

Regula123 wrote:
Zobot257 wrote:

Edit2: I guess this is not for me. I'm not overly excited by having my name in public and/or give them my address. I'm out.

likewise...i tried adding some BS to the form, but in the end i couldnt figure out the registration code...so i guess thats a good sign in disguise...

im not usually one to have my info out in public...especially not on purpose lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:40 am
CrashRocks1419
Boot

Syke wrote:
Regula123 wrote:
Zobot257 wrote:

likewise...i tried adding some BS to the form, but in the end i couldnt figure out the registration code...so i guess thats a good sign in disguise...

im not usually one to have my info out in public...especially not on purpose lol

On Privacy Concerns: We have decided we are not “Cheers.” Everyone will not know your name. And we assure you that all other registration information will remain strictly confidential unless otherwise indicated. We value your privacy as much as we value ours.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:40 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

CrashRocks1419 wrote:
On Privacy Concerns: We have decided we are not “Cheers.” Everyone will not know your name. And we assure you that all other registration information will remain strictly confidential unless otherwise indicated. We value your privacy as much as we value ours.

Yeah, they're definitely watching this thread, and are trying to assuage people's concerns.

I don't mind giving them out the info myself, because I'm pretty sure that they're going to be using it for ARG purposes, like mailing out puzzles or contacting me via phone with clues. I guess I can understand how other people would be concerned about giving out information, but... I just don't feel concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:58 pm
fingerlickin'
Boot

I'm not very good at ARGS in general but I really want to try this. If I can't figure it out I'll just wait for the easier puzzles. :/

edit. aaaand the site's down. just my luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:14 pm
Page 2 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: