Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Level 7
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Balmoth
Boot

[Trailhead] Level 7

Someone posted about this website in a little community I run in for ARG fans/friends

http://levels.your-host.xyz/

I don't think it is part of any other ARG but I might be mistaken. But interesting they make it hard just to register

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:50 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
blaqueice
Decorated

I found the registration page but I can't find a registration code... Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:05 pm
CrashRocks1419
Boot

blaqueice wrote:
I found the registration page but I can't find a registration code... Sad

What is the registration page URL?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:11 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

I checked the source code... didn't see anything there. I get they might not want the way to register getting out, but would anyone else be willing to give me a hint?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
catherwood
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

how does one know what they are registering for? I kinda want to know what the game is before signing up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:23 pm
Christmas
Boot

I'd shoot them an email. I'm also stuck on the registration code :/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Where can you find the registration code?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
themightymooker
Veteran

I, too, am a little befuddled, but want to give this a shot. Bump for any sort of direction on how to find registration. Subbed as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:12 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Aaaand they updated their website to mention that for Registration, you aren't supposed to collaborate. Which is aggrivating, to say the least. I hate puzzles that I can't ask for outside help on, because I've found that while there's limits to my own intelligence, there are NONE on my ignorance. Groping around in the dark for an answer when I don't even know HOW to find the answer doesn't help me learn, it just pisses me off.

This feels somewhat elitist. In spite of them saying that "Higher" levels aren't any "better" than lower ones, the fact remains that you apparently need a very specific set of skills to register at level 7, there's no way of knowing what you'd need to learn, and you aren't even supposed to be able to talk to others about what you've tried and haven't tried. If this IS an ARG, it ruins the shared, community experience.

I've tried everything I can think of, and it hasn't worked. Then again, I've got no intention of giving up just yet. This has piqued my curiousity, and I don't like leaving mysteries unsolved.

It's just SO AGGRIVATING that apparently I'm not "worthy" because I can't innately solve a puzzle all by myself. I'd call it a stupid test, but the people who made this are clearly very smart. Instead, it just feels like a rigid and abritrary way of making people who can't measure up feel bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:36 am
themightymooker
Veteran

Zobot257 wrote:
Aaaand they updated their website to mention that for Registration, you aren't supposed to collaborate. Which is aggrivating, to say the least. I hate puzzles that I can't ask for outside help on, because I've found that while there's limits to my own intelligence, there are NONE on my ignorance. Groping around in the dark for an answer when I don't even know HOW to find the answer doesn't help me learn, it just pisses me off.

This feels somewhat elitist. In spite of them saying that "Higher" levels aren't any "better" than lower ones, the fact remains that you apparently need a very specific set of skills to register at level 7, there's no way of knowing what you'd need to learn, and you aren't even supposed to be able to talk to others about what you've tried and haven't tried. If this IS an ARG, it ruins the shared, community experience.

I've tried everything I can think of, and it hasn't worked. Then again, I've got no intention of giving up just yet. This has piqued my curiousity, and I don't like leaving mysteries unsolved.

It's just SO AGGRIVATING that apparently I'm not "worthy" because I can't innately solve a puzzle all by myself. I'd call it a stupid test, but the people who made this are clearly very smart. Instead, it just feels like a rigid and abritrary way of making people who can't measure up feel bad.

I agree, more or less. It feels very annoying that there's just dead ends with no hints whatsoever. ARGs are MEANT to be collaborative, so I hope someone spills the beans on this puzzle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:34 am
Zobot257
Entrenched

Aaaaaand they updated their message on collaboration again to read:

Quote:
The worthy are those who seek not the highest, but the most appropriate Level. From there, the dedicated will find paths leading higher, and if needed, assistance with finding those paths.

The timing feels almost like this is a direct response to my whining. It's likely that whoever is behind this is checking on this thread, possibly as an anti-cheating counter measure, or out of curiousity, or both. I STILL feel stupid trying to tackle this puzzle, but after taking some time away from it to cool down, I feel less like this is a deliberate "ha ha you're not smart enough" thing. I'm sorry for my whining and complaining before, and I should have censored myself better.

I'm STILL not giving up, but this puzzle will be easier for me to address when I've got access to a computer with more tools than on my iPad. I'll touch upon it tonight or tommorrow, and if I can't figure it out? Oh well. I'm not going to give up on this challenge, but if I fail to get to level seven, then fuck it. I'll take level six, or whatever level I can muster. If only to figure out what the heck this is even about, and ideally to actually LEARN something out of all this.

I just hope that whenever Level 7 Registration is over, someone explains how you were supposed to do it. I'd like to learn something if I do fail, rather than just feel dumb and never know what I was SUPPOSED to do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:07 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Sorry to double post, but I figured this information would be relevant. This thing has a twitter page now:

@uncoveryourpath

Which I discovered when they followed me on twitter, after I linked to the puzzle itself on twitter for anyone following me to poke at if they were interested.

Which seems like pretty proof positive that they ARE watching the activity around this. Or at least my activity. I'm sure I'm proving quite amusing...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:37 pm
blaqueice
Decorated

https://twitter.com/UncoverYourPath/status/783702760608894976

Quote:
If you feel like someone is watching you, they probably are.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:56 pm
themightymooker
Veteran

I actually sort of appreciate this. I always like when a PM keeps track of threads based around their games; it helps them keep us on the right path...no pun intended. Hopefully the Twitter account proves more useful in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:12 pm
Zobot257
Entrenched

Well, after thinking about it for a while and examining the website in further careful detail, I think I know what you're SUPPOSED to do to Register... or at least the first step. I'll be respectful to the PM's wishes and not spill any details here, but if I'm right, it's very clever.

The problem is that I don't know how to do it. Or even if it's possible. Anyway, once it's no longer relevant, I'll spell out what I saw. Assuming that won't get me disqualified.

But I'll be trying to see if it works out tonight and tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:20 pm
Page 1 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: