Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide
 
The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:19 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead]Do you remember Ackerly Green's Guide to MAGIQ?
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Author Message
emato
Unfettered


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 333
Location: Florida

 

Haven't received an email either.
_________________
"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
crytter
Greenhorn

Joined: 04 Aug 2016
Posts: 8

After doing the quiz & entering my mail the welcome mail was there the next morning...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:59 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
cjbernstein
Greenhorn

Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 3

What stands in our way

I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I see that some of you have had trouble receiving communication. Either messages end up in your spam folder, or you don't receive them at all. Unfortunately, that is something we've been facing too. Lost or hidden messages, corrupted or missing comments... there's even someone trying to reach out to us, and when they do, their messages are transformed into nonsense poetic verse.

This is all because something is trying to prevent us from learning the truth about Ackerly Green and the Lost Collection. Please don't give up. This just means we're getting closer and whoever, or whatever, is against us has started fighting back. If you've signed up and haven't received an email, please private message me and I'll see what I can do to reach you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
emato
Unfettered


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 333
Location: Florida

Received my email and it's all sorted now. Am in the process of catching up and learning my way around the basecamp.
_________________
"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
njberry
Entrenched


Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 778
Location: southampton, england

got my email now to read through everything Razz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Kaliel
Decorated

Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 230

Throwing an update in here. The arg has just gotten past some hurdles with puzzles and we're closing in on the second fragment. Work has already started on the third but it's early. There are 16 fragments total so there's a lot ahead of this arg so this is still early on.

Still enjoyable and the community on the forums is pretty active daily. Worth checking out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:04 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Revenir
Veteran


Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 78

I would definitely recommend people to try out this arg. I started playing towards the tail end of the second fragment and it's been really interesting unraveling bits of the story. Right now, we're working on the third fragment and we need some more people to join in so we can unlock more poem lines, so it's definitely a good time to start playing!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Aerobane
Greenhorn

Joined: 21 Jun 2016
Posts: 7

Ebenguard here. Is there a discord or irc set up for those of you still participating?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
cjbernstein
Greenhorn

Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 3

There is a dedicated Discourse forum. It's where most of the lore deciphering and fragment solving is going on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Kaliel
Decorated

Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 230

Yeah most of us are just on the forum at basecamp33.com.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
PixiestixModerator
Resident Angry Midget


Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Posts: 2458
Location: Tomorrow's Talk Studios

Re: What stands in our way

cjbernstein wrote:
I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I see that some of you have had trouble receiving communication. Either messages end up in your spam folder, or you don't receive them at all. Unfortunately, that is something we've been facing too. Lost or hidden messages, corrupted or missing comments... there's even someone trying to reach out to us, and when they do, their messages are transformed into nonsense poetic verse.

This is all because something is trying to prevent us from learning the truth about Ackerly Green and the Lost Collection. Please don't give up. This just means we're getting closer and whoever, or whatever, is against us has started fighting back. If you've signed up and haven't received an email, please private message me and I'll see what I can do to reach you.


You should stop posting now. You are the author of the book, so for the purposes of using the forums, you would be considered the PM of the game. It's bad enough you didn't bother to read the TOS, but let me enlighten you: You aren't allowed to post in your own threads {generally allowed but frowned upon is posting your own game to begin with}. You aren't allowed to roll play {aka, pretend this is real}. No more from you.

Forum Guidelines: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25763
Forum TOS: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5

_________________
I don't believe in Chaotic Fiction, I only believe in ARG.
Remember kiddles, bad PMs get the wrath of the Vulva Puppets
PROUDLY owned by Gizmo, the wonder ARG pug!


PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Dantanian
Boot

Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Posts: 14

Re: What stands in our way

Pixiestix wrote:
cjbernstein wrote:
I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I see that some of you have had trouble receiving communication. Either messages end up in your spam folder, or you don't receive them at all. Unfortunately, that is something we've been facing too. Lost or hidden messages, corrupted or missing comments... there's even someone trying to reach out to us, and when they do, their messages are transformed into nonsense poetic verse.

This is all because something is trying to prevent us from learning the truth about Ackerly Green and the Lost Collection. Please don't give up. This just means we're getting closer and whoever, or whatever, is against us has started fighting back. If you've signed up and haven't received an email, please private message me and I'll see what I can do to reach you.


You should stop posting now. You are the author of the book, so for the purposes of using the forums, you would be considered the PM of the game. It's bad enough you didn't bother to read the TOS, but let me enlighten you: You aren't allowed to post in your own threads {generally allowed but frowned upon is posting your own game to begin with}. You aren't allowed to roll play {aka, pretend this is real}. No more from you.

Forum Guidelines: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25763
Forum TOS: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5


Pixiestix, I understand and respect your position and the rules but it seems clear that the PM here is attempting to address a technical issue with the ARG in a way that allows players to continue to enjoy the immersive story.

On the other hand, your comment has effectively derailed any discussion on this topic.

The ARG community NEEDS creators like the one here who is crafting an amazing piece of work and I believe they should be given a bit more latitude (and respect) then I see demonstrated here. True, Unfiction's Guidelines were violated but the spirit of his comment was clearly well intentioned.

I would invite you to delete your post so that his thread could continue uninterrupted.

~~~~~ Nope. I was doing my job, this is a meta website, he broke multiple rules. If he can't figure out a way to contact his player base in game some other place, he's not to come here and do so. Rules are pretty clear, even for "technical issues". For instance, he could private message someone obviously playing and ask them to pass it on (without role playing btw, unlike above). If you have further issues with me /doing my job/ private message me or an active mod or admin to complain, so there is not further "derailing" ~ Pixie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
konamouseModerator
Official uF Dietitian


Joined: 02 Dec 2002
Posts: 8010
Location: My own alternate reality

Re: What stands in our way

Dantanian wrote:

On the other hand, your comment has effectively derailed any discussion on this topic.

------

I would invite you to delete your post so that his thread could continue uninterrupted.


Uhm. No it didn't. Looks like there is another place where discussion "in-game" is already being posted ("Yeah most of us are just on the forum at basecamp33.com")

We are not here to stifle creativity. uF is a safe haven outside of any game universe where we are safe to discuss/theorize about story/characters, and help each other solve puzzles. Free from any characters since uF does NOT exist in any storyverse. Remember TINAG (This is not a game) is a mantra that a PM holds for his/her characters. In their storyverse, they are alive and uF does not exist.

To hold to that philosophy, of course PMs are going to read the forums, but they are NOT to interact with the players in here. They can make adjustments to their storyverse and use various in-game methods to communicate with their players. We've seen that happen with in-game websites (MySpace, Twitter, FB, blogs, etc) and even characters making phone calls to players (I personally played a character in a game and was tasked with listening to voice mails and making personal responses, in character, to players who left messages with phone numbers to call back). Using uF is against the TOS.

We do not delete posts as that effectively messes up the continuity of the threads and makes it nigh impossible for new players to follow the discussion.
_________________
'squeek'
r u a Sammeeeee? I am Forever!


PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Grimangel53
Veteran

Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 83
Location: The World at Large.

ebenguard, and now to the other forums for now!
_________________
Bells of Ireland is a Mediator in In Defense of Summer

Playing: In Defense of Summer, Find the Starlight


PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Adm_BlackCat
Unfettered


Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 664
Location: Spokane, WA

Possible dead-drop in NYC Central Park at The Triplets Bridge.
Go here for the current details: http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/brandon-lachmann-the-fourth-fragment-general/147/271
_________________
AKA @Yankee White

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group