Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:32 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead?] Sleepwalking Journal
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 15 of 17 [246 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
coldkick2
Boot

They are also anomalies in the pattern, Upside down.
Blindlookout wrote:

Why those two spots?

I was thinking maybe the white dots would be for laser batteries and we would have to look for 8 dots for where we deploy troops since they're squads of 8...

Which would mean we'd need laser batteries at C1-4, C8, C10, F9, and H7.

Squads at B3, D1, E9, H2, and then maybe doulbe squads at the 9s so B5, B7, C6, D6, D7, E4-7, G5 and H9... hmm. That's way too many isn't it? Idk.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:41 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Blindlookout
Boot

coldkick2 wrote:
They are also anomalies in the pattern, Upside down.

Oh makes sense. Well we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:31 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

Well that happened.

Night 50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvlFUGGNTNc

I honestly can't tell if we had any impact on this at all. Maybe there will be a Jarr follow up mail that fills us in.

Still, gotta say. At least 1, and in some cases 2 videos a day for 50 straight days? I've never seen anything like this this prolific or consistent. It's definitely an achievement.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 pm
Blindlookout
Boot

Kaliel wrote:
I honestly can't tell if we had any impact on this at all. Maybe there will be a Jarr follow up mail that fills us in.

Still, gotta say. At least 1, and in some cases 2 videos a day for 50 straight days? I've never seen anything like this this prolific or consistent. It's definitely an achievement.

Ya I have no idea if we had any impact either. We had no way to measure success before or after.

But you're right about the production schedule on this thing being pretty insane.

The only problems I've had with the videos to date were the conventions established on Day 1 with the unnecessarily glitchy titles and the "why are you doing that?" sound effects. (The hum in the background and the KACHUNK at the end of every video.)

But the fact that I have to get THAT PICKY to find fault with what they've done is really a testament to how well produced all of this has been. Really amazing work overall.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:27 pm
dustybygones
Boot

Looking forward to August 22nd now. To be honest, I'm sort of apathetic on if our actions had a real consequence or not. We all kept on playing along anyway, and I honestly cannot tell at any one point if this was prescripted or not. If nothing else, the illusion of our actions and inaction having a direct impact is what makes this series so enjoyable to me. And if it does come out that we actually did have an impact on the series? Well, I might have to ask if the PM is insane. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:02 pm
ZeroFortitude
Greenhorn

I'm with the rest of you on not being sure if our actions did anything or not.

I'm kind of sad that I have to wait until August 22 to see what happens next.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:59 pm
beastriker
Decorated

Nothing to add to your words! Absolutely amazing!

This will be 10 long and boring days. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:57 am
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

Mark the Timebomb

Well we've got news: if you watch until the end of the new Night Explained video, it basically says that Mark is a time bomb and will go critical in about 30 days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

Thank you for that head's up. I was going to be damned if I watched an hour and a half of the same stuff over again, now I can forward to the end and catch that.

Well, we're back. We have a new update website. We now have a single team, and our mission seems to be 'watch and report what we see'.

That sounds kinda dull to be honest, but I'm glad for the single team thing. I think they overestimated how involved people are willing to be with an arg. The first sign of resistance or requiring effort they aren't prepared to make and people bail out on participating. When only 14 people recorded a voice message out of the 85 who could have that was probably a wake up call for them.

I appreciated the idea. Requiring a number of people to participate changes the tempo from the one or two super sleuths who solve the puzzle before some people even know there is one. They could have spaced it better though, for example to get your CAC you could have had to submit a trivial voice message first. Then they would have known likely numbers of people willing to record themselves before they made a mission hinging on a certain number of responses.

Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, looking forward to what they create next. I'm on board.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:36 am
beastriker
Decorated

JARR Mission 3

Quote:
### ALERT ###

https://youtu.be/3GgZQAILkrI

### OUT ###"

I will watch it later and will see, what to do. Just wanted to drop that here. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:02 am
Alex5456
Greenhorn

Hey guys I haven't been looking at my emails and don't know what's going on can someon please fill me in since the CAC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:49 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

What's been going on....

We got some missions. We failed most of them. Either we couldn't figure out what they were asking for, required more people to respond than did, or we honestly just don't know if we succeeded or not. I still have no idea if that troop placement mission succeeded.

In the end Mark's house was finally attacked by the aliens after they waited in a field for a week. I guess Jarr fought valiantly to protect Mark while he ran away, but they failed cause the aliens caught up with Mark anyway. Mark used his magic hand powers to .... banish them? kill them? no idea. But this caused an information blackout for 12 days.

Now he's apparently going to explode in 30 days (30 days from day 50? or 30 days from today which is day 62? no idea). Jarr has gone from 'maybe we should protect Mark' to 'Let's control Mark and use him as our personal assassin and dispose of him when we're done.' Jarr is suddenly a whole lot less sympathetic in this whole mess. Maybe Jarr's just pissed off because of all the troops they lost protecting Mark. Maybe they're making Jarr a bad guy now, not sure.

They've merged everyone into one team now, and now our mission is to watch Mark's feed, explore any leads he finds and report our findings to Jarr.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:38 pm
dustybygones
Boot

I'm practically living on school campus right now, and can't really do much beyond watching the series on mobile. Have to go back this weekend and see if there's any text in the frames. I am glad to hear about the one team thing though. As fun as the three teams with separate missions was, I'm already getting pressure from my class load.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:23 pm
JackHammer Bison
Greenhorn

I just joined and binge watched everything. I haven't seen anyone post about the person mark is supposed to kill. I think we see him in night 12 and night 26. In 26 it says Thorsen and thats who he says he's going to kill. Interesting that he's a sleepwalker too. I posted pics in the discord.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:47 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

That's a really nice catch. I thought it was odd at the time they bothered to create an identity for someone in the story then never mention them, I guess they did and none of us noticed til now. Good work.

Not sure why they're trying to kill Thorson if he's a sleepwalker. If he had intel to tell the aliens he already has by now. They've proven they can wake people up and disconnect them from the aliens so they could potentially save him and learn more about the alien network. My guess is they just don't know where he is.

Jarr's new attitude of 'let's just use and kill the humans we don't like' has really turned me off on this. A story really needs you to care about someone to have an impact and I just don't care about anyone here anymore. Mark's basically a zombie, his wife's dead, his kid just vanished so pretty much all that was left was Jarr and Ana. More people voted to protect Mark than use him, and in the end they just decided to use him and throw him away anyway. I've guessed there's binary in one of the recent videos but I just don't care enough to decode it. I have zero interest in helping Jarr right now.

I'm thinking they're going to introduce a third faction with that woman who visited Mark a couple days ago that Jarr considers 'extremely dangerous'. Maybe that'll turn this around and give us someone to root for.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:29 am
Page 15 of 17 [246 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: