Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead?] Sleepwalking Journal
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 17 [246 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 15, 16, 17  Next
dustybygones
Boot

No, I'm pretty sure the name is new. So we now have names for the adults. Mark and Heather Miller. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the drone. Either it will be part of what has been controlling the Millers or it will be the 'help' that has been hinted at. Something that has been fighting it.

One of the previous nights showed this drone I think. As a light in the sky that moved too quickly. Mark focused on it then and I'm waiting to see what role it plays now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:11 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

Night 19

His name was always Mark. The description (Mark Miller records himself...) hasn't changed since at least night 4, at least that's when I noticed it.

The drone video looks promising, doesn't it!? I think there will be information for us to decode really soon. Maybe it's already in Night 19's footage? I'm not familiar with drones so I don't know if the text on screen is standard or significant to this plot. JARR? NEG?

I DO think the text that says "SITE 6" is a promising lead. Am I crazy to think that means Mark's house is just one of (at least) six houses/sites that "they" are monitoring? I don't get the impression that Mark had anything to do with the drone. I think we just saw someone else's perspective entirely!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:35 pm
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

Ok now that night 20's been posted, what are you guys thinking? Clearly the military's getting involved! We've got another character name, too: Captain Meyers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:56 pm
GuestUser17
Entrenched

I'm still confused. Looks like a lot of work has gone in to this so I hope it goes somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 pm
dustybygones
Boot

I asked how we can help a few entries back and got this for an answer, "More than watch. But you'll have to join up."

There might be a way to play and help. I just can't tell if that is what is being said after we've confirmed the military plays a role in this, because joining up is what you do for military service. I'm not sure, I may be overthinking it, what do you all think?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:19 am
Kaliel
Decorated

Yeah I can't tell if this is an arg yet and there's participation, or this is leading to a big advertisement of some game or something.

Joining up certainly sounds like military service to me. This doesn't look like your standard military though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:37 pm
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

Night 21 hidden message

Night 21 had more text hidden in the title sequence: "Join the fight with the Joint Alliance Rapid Response" and later, "html."

So now we know what JARR means from the first night of drone footage. Any idea what NEG could mean? I'll have to go back and watch the intros for Nights 16-20 more closely, I forgot to look for messages there as well.

Here are screen grabs:http://imgur.com/gallery/5JgjL[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:47 pm
dustybygones
Boot

There's a Tumblr now that is OOG, but the creator does confirm this is an ARG in one post. Just to allay the questioning of this forum. http://blog.andrewmuto.com/

Followed me on Tumblr and also the Horror Amino app. On the app he asked if I had found all the messages, replied with the two that had been found previously. If you guy find anything else do share it. Do we think the messages are only in the titles?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:25 pm
dustybygones
Boot

Latest video was of the bodycam and the signal got highjacked by the JARR. Looks like they're going to be accepting enrollment on the 18th of this month. Plus we get a website for them.

jointalliancerapidresponse.com

Found this in the page:

TRANSMIT
AUTHORIZATION PROVIDED UNDER TREATY RESOLUTION MX1954
CANDIDATE ENROLLMENT BEGINS 07/18/16 ADJUSTED EARTH STANDARD
TRANSMIT COMPLETE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:37 am
Kaliel
Decorated

Well I guess the arg starts in earnest now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSLxRLT4kzI

jointalliancerapidresponse.com/join

Very interesting so far. We've got alternate history, 2 civilizations/planets and extradimensional threats. Seems like it has some possibilities to be a good story.

Interesting how 'a sleepwalker wears a body camera' turned into all this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:22 am
GuestUser17
Entrenched

I signed up and am waiting for a response now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:04 am
Kaliel
Decorated

Got a response. The video says we might have different SIGINT data but would are welcome to share. Sharing may even be required. So your link may vary.

Quote:

Mission Video:
https://youtu.be/85iWcgzgEIM

SIGINT Payload:
http://www.jointalliancerapidresponse.com/SIGINT.zip

Mission Brief:
Joint Alliance has been monitoring the capture and control of human population segments via REM sleep cycles.

JARR believes they are using submillimeter Terahertz (THz) frequencies to communicate to assets on Earth.

Decode the attached SIGINT intercepts and discover the specific frequency the invaders are using.

If you can decode recently intercepted signals, our assets in theater may be able to disrupt their technology assembled on planet.

Mission Objective:

- Receive invader signal intelligence.
- Decode invader signal intelligence.
- Complete mission by EOD 6/21

Send any and all possible frequencies to ANA at commandSPLATjointalliancerapidresponse.com

If JARR fails the lives of assets in theater and around the planet will be put in extreme danger.

Execute.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:17 am
GuestUser17
Entrenched

I received the same link. I'm in team "Atomic Giant." I'm wondering if all those images are in the correct orientation. It would seem mean to rotate them for the first puzzle but you never know. The groupings are in 2,3,4 and 5 symbols. It's going to take a little while to figure this out. Why do I have an urge to play Tetris right now? Smile

Edit: I'm assuming that all the images are not in the same orientation. There are 10 symbols - each with an additional number of squares. So I am going with a number (base 10) based language. Count the number of black squares to get the corresponding number with the single white square as 0.

Edit2: Added image to clarify what I mean although I'm not sure on the orientation yet.
JARR-Language.jpeg
 Description   
 Filesize   44.46KB
 Viewed   35 Time(s)

JARR-Language.jpeg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:27 am
Kaliel
Decorated

Also on team Atomic Giant.

For the moment I'm also assuming those are the numbers 0 - 10, and the images need to be rotated. Within each image the blocks are consistent so I figure we should make all the images consistent to start.

In addition to rotating I wonder if these need to be pieced together into a larger whole. Lots of images have dashes along the outsides of some sides, and some separating images themselves.

I just picked a random rotation for my pieces, which happens to be N/S flipped of yours. So my #4 when viewed on keyboard number pad would occupy keys 1,2,3 and 5.

In that orientation it looks like there are 13 numbers without dashes above them, and 13 numbers without dashes below. And 16 without dashes to their left, and 16 without dashes to their right.

In theory, these pieces should fit together in such a way we are left with rectangles of numbers entirely surrounded by dashed lines. I'm having trouble turning that into a coherent practice though.

edit: If you consider the numbers without dashes on the side to be the outside of the jigsaw puzzle, then you have 4 corner pieces (#1, #2, #3 and #5). Using these to guide the puzzle you can make a pretty coherent 20x16 (or 16x20 I suppose depending on whatever the right orientation is) rectangular grid containing every number.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 pm
GuestUser17
Entrenched

Here's a picture I made with the numbers and lines all in the same orientation. Next I need to cut them out and try and get them to fit together based on your theory Kaliel (unless you already did that Smile)

Edit: I added one possible solution. Several pieces can go in multiple locations so I need to figure out which is the right combination. Nice idea you had Kaliel!
JARR Pieces.png
 Description   
 Filesize   92.45KB
 Viewed   36 Time(s)

JARR Pieces.png

JARR - number grid 2.png
 Description   
 Filesize   81.28KB
 Viewed   33 Time(s)

JARR - number grid 2.png

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:30 pm
Page 2 of 17 [246 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 15, 16, 17  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: