Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead?] Sleepwalking Journal
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 17 [246 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17  Next
GuestUser17
Entrenched

[Trailhead?] Sleepwalking Journal

I received a private message from a user here suggesting I take a look at this:

https://youtu.be/WRhuDyqIRXE

It's about a sleepwalker that wears a body cam and records their behavior each night. So far they are up to night 14. They look interesting although I'm not sure where it's going yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:19 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Kaliel
Decorated

I had a slow afternoon and watched up to today's #14, most videos are one or two minutes long.

Rather enjoyable and taking some turns I didn't expect. Don't see how it's an arg but it's entertaining for the time invested.

Thanks for posting it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:09 pm
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

Hidden message in Night 10
"It will spread"

I've been looking everywhere for this!! I saw episode 7 on reddit last week but haven't been able to find any new information since then.

Kaliel, you said you watched the first 14, did you spot a message in episode 10's title? It's FAST but I took a screen recording and played it frame by frame to confirm: it says "It will spread." http://imgur.com/a/8b4ur

Soooo...zombies? Aliens? Salem-witch style mass hysteria? Would love to share theories! I'm hooked. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:31 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

Oh no, I completely missed that! I admit to zoning out a bit during the intros as a I figured they were oog cause they are a bit immersion breaking. I doubt our main character post produced an intro sequence on the video of some of these things.

Is that the only title with something in it?

I was figuring alien mind control, myself. Using the white noise of the TV to communicate. There's a weird science technology component going on with whatever the heck it is he's building.

I have to say they make great use if the IR cameras limited range. The fact people just suddenly pop into frame right in front of you at a close distance is a nice touch.

I had wondered why episode 7 had over 1500 views but most of the other ones had a fraction of that. Makes sense it was posted to reddit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:26 pm
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

Yeah, I think that's the only title with a hidden message. It was so quick!

Really interesting theory about the white noise of the TV. I totally missed the significance of that. I thought he was just asleep so he didn't realize the TV was static? Like he was just trying to go about his normal routine: check on the baby, say hi to wife, watch TV, but he didn't realize things were "off" because he was asleep and you never really notice when things are weird while you're in the middle of a dream.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:09 pm
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

Wow, Night 15 was awesome! What I'd been hoping to see all along! Had me on edge the entire video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPvBRjHNIs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:59 pm
themightymooker
Veteran

Still a little slow for me. I'm hoping this can pick up a little, but at least it has pretty regular posts. I'm a viewer for now, but they're going to need to start introducing some concrete information soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:43 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

Day 16 is up.

I find it really interesting that these last 2 days haven't been him sleepwalking, but actually awake.

Is that because the thing he was working on disrupted whatever was happening to him? Or perhaps his wife disappearing shocked him out of their control? Or, perhaps most likely, maybe after he did his part they (whoever they are) just didn't need him the last 2 nights.

I wonder if this just turned from a 'guy having mysterious stuff done to him' to 'protagonist actually trying to figure out what's going on' story.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 am
wastelandenthusiast
Boot

night 16

"After he did his part..." What do you think his part was? Were "they" just using him to get to his wife?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:31 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

I assumed putting that thing together was his job.

I admit I'm totally just making up reasons since we're given so little detail. I assume the reason he was important enough to be sent out of the safety of the house twice to meet people in the middle of the night, and important enough to be rescued once he was restrained was because he had some use to them. If he was unimportant they could have just had one of their other pawns do whatever it was and leave him tied up. And if it wasn't a question of time they could have just stopped controlling him and wait til the suspicion died down.

Maybe some skill necessary to assemble whatever that device was that caused the interruption in the static. Maybe not, maybe his house is just in a central location for all their lackeys or on a lei line or something.

His wife just had to be controlled because she was onto them and was trying to restrain him from doing his job.

Then most likely they just used his wife as an expendable courier to deliver his device and it looks like something bad happened on the way.

Or I could be totally wrong. Won't be the first or last time, but it makes sense to me so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:31 pm
dustybygones
Boot

Night 17- https://youtu.be/O-s2Xk9z-zQ

Just watched them all, and I wasn't thinking there was any hidden elements to it until I saw the post here about the title. The channel owner isn't making it a secret that it's something made up, but it feels like it's right on the edge of being a game. If that makes any sense?

Really interested in what will come next though. Especially since the wife said not to look at them, and I think he might have just done that. As for the device, it sounds like she's been working on it herself. So maybe it wasn't his skill that was needed. Still doesn't explain why he appears to be free though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:00 pm
themightymooker
Veteran

Night 18 has gone up! It's a short one, and I don't much trust what's being said, but I think we're nearing a time when audience interaction might be required. Here's hoping, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:24 am
LatentMoths
Unfettered

Another message flashes in the opening of Night 18 video. It says "It can be stopped".

http://twitter.com/LatentMoths

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:39 pm
dustybygones
Boot

I got a reply to a comment on a previous video where I asked how many sleepwalkers there are. The response was "more everyday..." There's some interaction with it then. So I left a comment on 18 asking how to stop it.

Edit: My response was "With help."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm
Kaliel
Decorated

Very interesting that he (or someone) is replying to comments. I guess the next question would be 'how can we help?'

Yeah, I got nothing on why he seemed necessary, then completely unnecessary as things went on without him. Interesting new things we've learned of the control 'they' have. They keep people asleep for days, and as we've now seen in 18, they can make their puppets speak as well.

As for what happened in 19...no idea. I guess our sleepwalker turned into a drone and started flying over the town? (I kid, I kid).

Looks like someone is monitoring this activity and just deployed ground forces.. I guess we'll see what's up.

Also is this my imagination or was his name not always on the account page? I thought it was always just 'a sleepwalker records himself'. On the main page of the account it says 'Mark Miller records himself...' Maybe I just never noticed til yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:47 am
Page 1 of 17 [246 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: