Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Sat May 27, 2017 5:14 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[SPEC] "She has blue eyes, Denise." "GREEN, you bastard."
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
gimlet
Unfettered

Re: Wouldn't this be fantastic?

dmax wrote:
Martha: ...George, our son does not have blue hair or blue eyes, for that matter. He has green eyes, like me. Beautiful, beautiful green eyes.
George: He has blue eyes, Martha.
Martha: Green.
George: Blue, Martha.
Martha: GREEN you bastard.

Oh wow. That Megan could be made up never even occurred to me!

I would totally be into this being one very long, very elaborate Edward Albee reference though, for the record.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:25 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
dmax
Unfictologist

[SPEC] "Does Megan even exist?

Martha: George's biggest problem about the little...about our son, about our great big son, is that deep down in the private-most pit of his gut, he's not completely sure that it's his own kid.
George: My God, you're a wicked woman.

Martha: ...George, our son does not have blue hair or blue eyes, for that matter. He has green eyes, like me. Beautiful, beautiful green eyes.
George: He has blue eyes, Martha.
Martha: Green.
George: Blue, Martha.
Martha: GREEN you bastard.

Reference: Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:27 pm
Last edited by dmax on Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
danteIL
Unfictologist

So this thread has spiraled in some very confusing directions.

I guess we are expecting Howard to answer? I'm waiting to learn that Megan has been zombified somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:38 pm
Last edited by danteIL on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carnoc
Kilroy

What if Megan was driven mad by Howard and was put in an asylum.

That would give things a different spin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:52 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

So your theory is that Megan doesn't actually exist and they've both made her up for some reason? Wow. That IS nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:29 pm
Cherry
Decorated

AntaresMHD wrote:
So your theory is that Megan doesn't actually exist and they've both made her up for some reason? Wow. That IS nuts.

Or maybe Megan is the ONLY one who exists and everyone & every THING else is a figment of her imagination Question

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:39 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

AntaresMHD wrote:

It's an idea that's been used before, in the fantastic play and movie "who's afraid of Virginia Woolf." The incredibly dysfunctional couple agree they have a child and, when they have some guests over, the husband decides to kill the imaginary child. The wife cries out that it's not fair, but they eventually agree did it does play by the rules they've agreed upon over the years. It's a really wonderful movie if you've never seen.

In that context, arguing that he put his hand over her mouth until she couldn't breathe would be a plausible scenario. And, as a reminder, there is no real world Megan that we've seen yet, I IRC.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:51 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

I'm kinda sad this is a huge spoiler for such an amazing movie/play if any of you haven't seen it, but it *has* been out for more than fifty years now, so that's on you guys. It's still absolutely worth seeing IMHO though.

Anyways, I mean I dunno. We actually have seen no evidence Megan exists up until now. Just a lot of talking about her.

We also kind of feel like we can't trust either Denise or Howard, but we are more inclined to trust Denise - despite being pretty sure Howard is right about a couple things.

I definitely get George and Martha vibes from them for a reason I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's because we've been put on a very dramatic show about a mysteriously absent child, kinda like George and Martha did for their guests.

So it's unlikely, but... Not totally impossible. At least not until we get more info about Megan.

... And it would mean *we* were the ones getting catfished this whole time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:10 pm
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Virginia Woolf syndrome could be very possible for this dysfunctional couple, who doesn't stop to blame each other and traumatize each other in an endless loop.

But in some way I'm by Cherry:

Cherry wrote:
AntaresMHD wrote:

Or maybe Megan is the ONLY one who exists and everyone & every THING else is a figment of her imagination Question

What if Megan is an extraterrestrial entity, which arrived to Earth in the first Cloverfield movie (thing falling from the skies). It absorbed the Noosphere and became the Average State of Being with our human lies, gender dichotomy, power plays, vanity - became a missing link between concurrence of interests, became a bridge between malfunctioning individuals as a child trying to connect with each other its parents who are lost in interhuman conflicts?

A lightbringing loneliness under the distant stars at an alien planet full of rage, obsession with own rightfullness and egocentrism?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:19 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

kosmopol wrote:
Virginia Woolf syndrome could be very possible for this dysfunctional couple, who doesn't stop to blame each other and traumatize each other in an endless loop.

What if Megan is an extraterrestrial entity, which arrived to Earth in the first Cloverfield movie (thing falling from the skies). It absorbed the Noosphere and became the Average State of Being with our human lies, gender dichotomy, power plays, vanity - became a missing link between concurrence of interests, became a bridge between malfunctioning individuals as a child trying to connect with each other its parents who are lost in interhuman conflicts?

A lightbringing loneliness under the distant stars at an alien planet full of rage, obsession with own rightfullness and egocentrism?

Well, that was my second guess.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:26 pm
Last edited by dmax on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmax
Unfictologist

gimlet wrote:
I'm kinda sad this is a huge spoiler for such an amazing movie/play if any of you haven't seen it, but it *has* been out for more than fifty years now, so that's on you guys. It's still absolutely worth seeing IMHO though.

I think contemporary movies have one or two emotional ideas and it's played out over the period of two hours. This is a gut wrenching film with emotions all over the place. It's difficult, real, and brilliant acting. I don't see the child is the spoiler, like in Sixth Sense. (Some think the child is adopted, like Albee) Just the up and down and despair and joy and hopelessness and jangly emotional lies & honesty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:32 pm
Cherry
Decorated

kosmopol wrote:

But in some way I'm by Cherry:

Cherry wrote:
AntaresMHD wrote:

I thought that the thing falling from the sky in the first movie was part of a satellite as a nod to the ARG players? Other than that I dig the theory. I'd watch it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

I mean don't get me wrong, it's the ultimate tweeeeest (even if it has its roots decades ago), but it would mean both Denise and Howard are playing us all. And that's so insane to think about! They'd be crazy enough to involve strangers into their game, and going to great lengths to keep the charade.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:47 pm
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Oh man, it's Hitchcockeam semi-manifestation of fictional narrative level. I love it.

And @Cherry, thank you. It was indeed confirmed as ChimpanzIII satellite, but we never know Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:52 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

AntaresMHD wrote:
I mean don't get me wrong, it's the ultimate tweeeeest (even if it has its roots decades ago), but it would mean both Denise and Howard are playing us all. And that's so insane to think about! They'd be crazy enough to involve strangers into their game, and going to great lengths to keep the charade.

Heh. You have just described the plot to "Virginia Woolf" although I don't think they're intentionally trying to fool us - it's just the world they've created and we're barging in on it.

Here's a taste.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:53 pm
Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: