Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:08 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[UPDATE] FaPT from Denise/The Mother
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Cherry
Decorated

AntaresMHD wrote:

Cherry wrote:
I think it's a restraining order between Denise and Howard not Howard and Megan.

But he says at the beginning:
Quote:
I HOPE THAT YOU CAN SEE THIS NOW. IVE BEEN TRYING TO EMAIL YOU AND CALL YOU, BUT YOU HAVEN’T ANSWERED. IT’S OK, I FIGURED OUT WHY – YOUR MOTHER IS BLOCKING MY EMAIL, AND SHE MADE YOU CHANGE YOUR NUMBER. I FORGIVE YOU, IT’S NOT YORU FAULT.

Two things: if we assume Howard had Megan's number at some point and now he doesn't, it means it's true that she was alive until last contact (which couldn't have been too long ago) but her mother cut off any contact with Howard including the phone; the other thing is, usually with restraining orders, it includes the kids if it's the mother or the father, not just the divorcées. And she said in this last update, "forget about us". Why would she want him to forget about his own daughter if she was dead? It's kind of mean even if the guy was a burden to all of them. The only way she would say that in present tense is if she didn't want him to contact them anymore.

I think this is a very important part of the message:
Quote:
Whatever crimes you imagine I’ve committed, I have more than paid for them. Please let me move on.

and I have a theory but it's based on knowledge outside of the ARG so I don't really want to put it out there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:39 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Tried various medal variations, but I assume - this password is IG. It won't work for us in meta mode. She's got the password and she could write Howard (so it looks, the "secret gift" was discovered by mother).

IS the ARG over now?

And: just realize, it was very very dark story actually. Even if it doesn't look like for the first moment. Wow, intense and dark.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:45 pm
untricky
Decorated

I think this ARG has done its job, keep us interested and engaged.

I can't see much more depth beyond release.

I'm sure there will be a few lightbulb moments during the movie, but I don't think there will be much to do after.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:50 pm
kosmopol

Yes, I have the same feeling.
The good part is - if JJ Abrams is about to make a Cloververse to his OEuvre, so we shall be prepared for next movies - accompanied by such ARGs/transmedial projects. Which is a huge thing.

I wonder also, if it's really the end?

Or if we've get... Message by Megan???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:53 pm
nakednudesy
Greenhorn

Quote:
I’VE taken so much away from YOU?!

I think that line is very important. She obviously blames him for everything, and she could be right. She has a reason to believe this. Again, if Howard is somehow responsible for her death, the mother would blame HIM for taking HER.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:54 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

kosmopol wrote:

Imagine a 4th-wall breaking moment in 2 days like:

"Wanna find out more? Watch 10 Cloverfield Lane at your local theaters! Exclusive on IMAX™"
Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:55 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

I think the chat password is still a dummy password, and we're meant to just to watch the conversation, not jump into it.

I've been 50-50 on the Megan is dead theory, and I can't say that the emails or chat has pushed me either way. I still think Megan is alive, but is old enough now to have left the mess behind and started her own life.

My thoughts:
Howard started at Bold Futura 7 years ago and "got so much worse". If Megan was 11 at this time, got smothered and scared from it, it prompted Denise to leave Howard. They are all in Chicago at this time, Megan's grandmother has the house off the highway where bunker #1 was built. Denise and Megan separate from Howard but remain in the Chicago area. Sometime after this, maybe when Megan turned 13 and got the medal as a secret gift, Howard is transferred to NOLA, where he buys a farm that can sustain a large bunker.

Megan is now 18 and free to go college, Art School maybe, and has done so without telling Howard about it, so that he will not be able to harass her all the time. "Would or could" may mean that Megan has cute off communications with both parents and even Denise doesn't have contact with her. Denise feels guilty about driving Megan away, breaking the family completely apart, each of the three now separate and on their own.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:56 pm
DougBThree
Decorated

kosmopol wrote:
I wonder also, if it's really the end?

My guess is that we'll get a response from Howard. I think he really believes there is imminent danger, and restraining order or not, I think he's truly trying to save his daughter's life. Maybe he'll try to offer more evidence to convince Denise. That seems futile, but he doesn't seem like the type to just give up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:19 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

Ahhh, I tried to post this when the thread splitting/tidying was going on and got a little lost…so apologies for the long post.

Cherry wrote:
AntaresMHD wrote:
Quote:
AND it’s a violation of your restraining order, I already called the police!!!

This hints at Megan being alive, since it wouldn't be a violation if she was dead, in my opinion.

I think it's a restraining order between Denise and Howard not Howard and Megan.

AntaresMHD wrote:
But he says at the beginning:
Quote:
I HOPE THAT YOU CAN SEE THIS NOW. IVE BEEN TRYING TO EMAIL YOU AND CALL YOU, BUT YOU HAVEN’T ANSWERED. IT’S OK, I FIGURED OUT WHY – YOUR MOTHER IS BLOCKING MY EMAIL, AND SHE MADE YOU CHANGE YOUR NUMBER. I FORGIVE YOU, IT’S NOT YORU FAULT.

Two things: if we assume Howard had Megan's number at some point and now he doesn't, it means it's true that she was alive until last contact (which couldn't have been too long ago) but her mother cut off any contact with Howard including the phone; the other thing is, usually with restraining orders, it includes the kids if it's the mother or the father, not just the divorcées. And she said in this last update, "forget about us". Why would she want him to forget about his own daughter if she was dead? It's kind of mean even if the guy was a burden to all of them. The only way she would say that in present tense is if she didn't want him to contact them anymore.

I agree with Cherry, it seems like the restraining order was for Denise, not Megan -- She mentioned it in a previous email (not one sent to 37):
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfieldlane/comments/4910p3/superpost_of_all_replies_from_ms_stambler_post/
/u/Montymog's email wrote:
HOWARD IS COMING we don't have much time, contact me to keep Megan safe.

Mom's reply wrote:
I don't believe you know Howard. And he better not be coming. You tell him that the restraining order is still in effect. If he tries to get anywhere near me he'll be sorry

"If he tries to get anywhere near me…" -- not "anywhere near either of us." So, at present, it seems the restraining order only covers Denise. It's possible the restraining order had covered Megan at some point but something happened (Megan died, or much less likely, was voluntarily removed). Another possibility is that the restraining order was taken out after whatever happened to Megan (died/killed/ran away), because Howard blamed Denise and kept harassing her. It is possible that Megan was never covered by the order because she didn't want to be, but that doesn't quite make sense with Howard not being able to get in touch with her.

As far as the "forget about us" -- I can see Denise saying that, even if Megan is dead or missing because Howard seems to have blocked whatever happened from his memory, is obsessing about it & keeps blaming/harassing Denise because of it. Denise finishes with Please let me move on -- me again, not us.

And finally, "Nothing for years, and then you pop up like this, means that at minimum 2 years would have had to pass since whatever happened, so I don't think we can assume that Howard's last contact with Megan was any more recent than that.

My guesses at this point are either:
- Denise finally decided she had to take Megan and get away from Howard, and then Howard came after them (either right away or perhaps some time later) and there was some type of accident while Denise & Megan were trying to get away that kills Megan.

- Denise leaves, with Megan and starts divorce proceedings. Howard drags things out, keeping contact with Megan and at some point, Megan runs away/leaves (possibly because of disaster scenario Howard tells her about EDIT or because she's just had enough ) and then either dies/gets killed or has been missing since then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:42 pm
Last edited by ObFuSc8 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
kosmopol

Hmm... sounds logical.

My thought:
In case Megan were alive I suppose Denise developed to a authoritarian Mother (in this state of eternal emergency), and if she writes "me" she means perhaps "me and Megan in my back"?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:46 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

kosmopol wrote:
Hmm... sounds logical.

My thought:
In case Megan were alive I suppose Denise developed to a authoritarian Mother (in this state of eternal emergency), and if she writes "me" she means perhaps "me and Megan in my back"?

Yeah, it's possible that Denise would do that in her convos with us/v37 to obfuscate whatever happened to Megan, but I don't think she'd do that when she's speaking directly to Howard. (Unless of course Megan did catch an Oceanic or Ajira flight to the Island… Wink )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 pm
Melodyman
Entrenched

So where is Mr Paulson?

The fact that we have not heard one peep out of Megan this entire time is confusing.. And Denise never did answer v37's and others questions when they asked How is Megan.. Is she ok?

Also Denise mentions that Howie had ruined their family.. not just their marriage..

"Your paranoia cost us our family, how much more will you let it take from you? From me?"

Did his paranoia 'take' their daughter from them? And why would she need a restraining order? Answers in the film perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:55 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

Melodyman wrote:
So where is Mr Paulson?

That might just be Denise's maiden name.

Melodyman wrote:
The fact that we have not heard one peep out of Megan this entire time is confusing.. And Denise never did answer v37's and others questions when they asked How is Megan.. Is she ok?

Also Denise mentions that Howie had ruined their family.. not just their marriage..

"Your paranoia cost us our family, how much more will you let it take from you? From me?"

Did his paranoia 'take' their daughter from them? And why would she need a restraining order? Answers in the film perhaps?

Yeah, all of that leads me to believe Megan is dead (or missing, presumed to be dead). Denise would need a restraining order if Howard has either tried to physically get Megan back before, or if Howard keeps blaming/harassing Denise for of whatever happened (or both).

Harold's Howard's prepping may not be all paranoia, but his obsessing & controlling nature very likely contributed to whatever happened to Megan (see my guesses in prior post).

EDIT: corrected Harold/Howard typo (thanks Melodyman)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 pm
Last edited by ObFuSc8 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melodyman
Entrenched

Whos Harold?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

Melodyman wrote:
Whos Harold?

Heehee whoops…Howard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:01 pm
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: