Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:31 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[CONTACT] The Mother/Denise Paulson
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 22 [324 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 20, 21, 22  Next
Jane Smith
Unfettered

[quote="Pixiestix"]

Quote:
Okay, so this is how this goes: you do you, and let other people email whatever they want.

Time to take some of your own advice I think, being a moderator of this board doesn't mean you have say in how I list my thoughts or opinions on how to play. Be more mindful of how your expressing your own thoughts as this comes off very school teacher and opinionated..

This had to be said its not a argument its a note for you to take as a moderator and understand how these things come off from you ...its one of many instances..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:48 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
hinoai
Decorated

The latest social media post that says "Return to sender" makes me think that there will be "returned" mail in a mailbox marked "Stambler" at that building.

It could be a letter to Howard or something, marked as return to sender because he's no longer at his address and in the bunker.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:51 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Sigh, I wasn't telling you what to do as a moderator, I was explaining as another player with a history of ARGing how these things tend to go (hence the ILB example). I'll take back the one sentence with "and let other people email what they want" if that feels too bossy - point still stands. People are going to do what they want in these emails, and it's up to the PM team to ignore emails or not.

If my statement had come from anyone else, a non-mod, would you have been receptive? Fun fact: I was a teacher.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:58 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

hinoai wrote:
The latest social media post that says "Return to sender" makes me think that there will be "returned" mail in a mailbox marked "Stambler" at that building.

It could be a letter to Howard or something, marked as return to sender because he's no longer at his address and in the bunker.

It's a controlled access building. You can't access the areas with the mailboxes without a keyfob. I'm not sure the management office is open after 5PM anyway. She might get lucky and find something sitting in the entry vestibule, but IDK why people wouldn't turn it in if it looked suspicious, or take it to the management office (if they thought it was lost).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:00 pm
Cherry
Decorated

hinoai wrote:

I doubt BR would do that since putting mail without postage into a mailbox is a questionable practice and asking some stranger to open another person's mailbox is a good way to get said person arrested.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:06 pm
Jane Smith
Unfettered

Pixiestix wrote:
Sigh, I wasn't telling you what to do as a moderator, I was explaining as another player with a history of ARGing how these things tend to go (hence the ILB example). I'll take back the one sentence with "and let other people email what they want" if that feels too bossy - point still stands. People are going to do what they want in these emails, and it's up to the PM team to ignore emails or not.

If my statement had come from anyone else, a non-mod, would you have been receptive? Fun fact: I was a teacher.

No I understand how you are and your strong opinions but your tone at times does come out wrong and authoritative.. you could have simply stated the info with out direction or ironically directive in your statement telling me not to direct..

Its just a notation to take as this has happened a few times and a few folks here have been angered by it and notedly old school unfictioners have been turned off by it.

Again not a argument just something that you need to realize as a moderator regardless even as a player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 pm
hinoai
Decorated

[quote="ObFuSc8"]
hinoai wrote:
It's a controlled access building. You can't access the areas with the mailboxes without a keyfob. I'm not sure the management office is open after 5PM anyway. She might get lucky and find something sitting in the entry vestibule, but IDK why people wouldn't turn it in if it looked suspicious, or take it to the management office (if they thought it was lost).

Ahh, okay that I was not aware of. I thought that the mailboxes would be in front, and something clearly marked wouldn't be the same as breaking into someone's mailbox. It would be clear in-game.

Of course, the point is moot if it's an office building. If we're not supposed to go there, I wonder what we are supposed to do. Either wait for a response, or maybe see if there is anything behind the silverware company, even though it wouldn't fit into the storyline so to speak.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:11 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

There's no way I'm going to get downtown anytime soon (on Friday at 5pm. ha!) so I am happy to leave this to the reddit folk.

Plus, I'm not convinced that going to the location is the intended thing. The map wasn't posted with the listing, just the ability to contact via email. So it seems more likely that the next step would happen via email.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:21 pm
CloverfieldClues.com
Entrenched

If anything, I would first go to the actual location of the pin on the map, which is the back side of the apartments on South State Street. Maybe something is hiding in the bushes, or there is a flyer on a light post, or something?
streetview.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   576.75KB
 Viewed   223 Time(s)

streetview.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:23 pm
The_Stoned_Ape
Boot

Helveticatt just searched the location and did not find anything of interest. Just to let y'all know. Think we can put this location to rest. But I am not sure if she checked the backside of the building like the above comment says, so if anyone else wants to go out please do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:26 pm
ljm
Decorated

My thought is this:

If Megan's mom is selling this, she might be selling other things that give us some information in the pictures? I would guess we could use the location to verify if it's related or not. It would be a lot of craigslist scouring but maybe could be narrowed down by posting time? I'll poke around a bit.

EDIT:

Didn't find anything. BUT, this map location is supposedly where Megan and her mom live, yeah? Remember how the shelter Howard built is right near Megan? By the empty lot by the highway? I'm checking google maps...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:34 pm
Last edited by ljm on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
danteIL
Unfictologist

ljm wrote:
My thought is this:

If Megan's mom is selling this, she might be selling other things that give us some information in the pictures? I would guess we could use the location to verify if it's related or not. It would be a lot of craigslist scouring but maybe could be narrowed down by posting time? I'll poke around a bit.

You are welcome to poke but I had a similar thought earlier. I tried scouring chicago craigslist for all the for sale-by-owner things posted around the time the silver was listed (7:45ish Mar 3rd), but I didn't see anything obvious.

I wonder how Howard knew to troll Craigslist?

EDIT: I wonder if you could do this via the map, though? List ALL items on the map and then see if others are from the same location.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:36 pm
ljm
Decorated

So… there are definitely some empty lots nearby. Maybe they want us to go find the shelter Howard had prepared for Megan?

This issue is whether or not you consider that Parkway a "highway". If not, the interstate is a little further west, but there don't seem to be any obvious "empty lots" by the interstate. This empty lot seems pretty obvious to me.
Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 3.43.41 PM.png
 Description   
 Filesize   1.23MB
 Viewed   56 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 3.43.41 PM.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:45 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

danteIL wrote:
EDIT: I wonder if you could do this via the map, though? List ALL items on the map and then see if others are from the same location.

OKAY I think this whole thing might be a wild goose chase due to some weirdness in how Craigslist creates its maps.

I'll try to explain: I am playing with the Craigslist map function zoomed in on that area around S. State Street. First, I was looking at the 'for sale' category, and didn't see anything else helpful, but then I thought to try some of the other categories (thinking that maybe "Megan's mom" is also posting for jobs or personals (cautionary note: do not click on personals!). You can change the category at the top of the page, via the drop down.

For many of the other categories (that allow a map), switching to map view reveals a cluster of various listings all at that same location near the Dearborn condos where we've been looking.

So, my best guess is that the Craigslist map somehow aggregates listings (possibly that don't have a pre-fixed location) onto certain clusters.

If someone else could check and confirm that'd be great.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:52 pm
ljm
Decorated

danteIL wrote:

So, my best guess is that the Craigslist map somehow aggregates listings (possibly that don't have a pre-fixed location) onto certain clusters.

If someone else could check and confirm that'd be great.

I think you're correct. /goose chase

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:53 pm
Page 3 of 22 [324 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 20, 21, 22  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: