Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:10 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[CONTACT] The Mother/Denise Paulson
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 22 [324 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 20, 21, 22  Next
Jane Smith
Unfettered

I see a lot of postings from..another thread...of people saying howard this and megan that in their emails to the ad

....Please if your going to reply just keep the response how it should be played..

Simple like with prodding:

"lovely set why are you selling it so cheap? Seems like a heirloom you could gift to your children etc..and if your in Chicago say Im in Chicago I would like to look at it in person etc..

Maybe this leads to some info in game if you keep it in game..

[/i]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:35 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ObFuSc8
Decorated

danteIL wrote:
ObFuSc8 wrote:
danteIL wrote:
That Craigslist posting locates to this place on the map: Downtown Chicago again (South Loop).

EDIT: maybe Megan's mom lives in those condos?

danteIL I wasn't able to pull up a location when I checked Craigslist. How accurate do you think this address is? Those are private residences, but I can see at least one business listing there in my white pages (I live in Chicagoland).

Also, there's a UPS store in Dearborn Station right across the street, not to mention Dearborn Park.

I'm not sure how Craigslist does it's mapping, but I suspect it's by IP address of the computer used to create the listing. It has occurred to me that this might just be a PM location, and not IG. (somebody had to leave the phone, right?) There doesn't seem to be anything obvious nearby (also, Tapas Valencia is a bit far away to be considered close; I live in Chicago, too btw.)

Whoops - I posted this before I saw your update - I've gotten it to work now. IDK yet about just showing up at that address though since it's a private residential building. (And yay CHI unFictionologists!!!)

EDIT:
Jane Smith wrote:
I see a lot of postings from..another thread...of people saying howard this and megan that in their emails to the ad

....Please if your going to reply just keep the response how it should be played..

"lovely set why are you selling it so cheap? Seems like a heirloom you could gift to your children etc..and if your in Chicago say Im in Chicago I would like to look at it in person etc..

I'm assuming you mean "another thread" on a different site? I emailed pretty quickly after I saw the FAPT update and made an actual offer, but made it contingent on meeting and taking a look at the hallmarks. I suggested a public place and left my phone numbers but have gotten no response at all (yet). Which is what leads me to believe there's something else to this clue.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:38 pm
CloverfieldClues.com
Entrenched

danteIL wrote:
I'm not sure how Craigslist does it's mapping, but I suspect it's by IP address of the computer used to create the listing.

I just listed something recently on Craigslist, and you have to option to show a map with your listing or not -- but either way can enter your address, or manually set the map pin anywhere you want.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:45 pm
hinoai
Decorated

I was able to duplicate the results on the map. Same location.

I really think that someone should physically go there. It's by Dearborn Park. Is that near you, ObFuSc8? There could be something like a mailbox with a name on it, and something inside of the mailbox. Do you know what I mean?

Then again, it could be nothing. But nobody has gotten a response yet, and before Reddit sends the same people in to get it, we might want someone responsible to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

CloverfieldClues.com wrote:
danteIL wrote:
I'm not sure how Craigslist does it's mapping, but I suspect it's by IP address of the computer used to create the listing.

I just listed something recently on Craigslist, and you have to option to show a map with your listing or not -- but either way can enter your address, or manually set the map pin anywhere you want.

Except in this case the listing didn't actually "have" a map as part of the listing. So should I infer that no address was entered and/or no pin was manually set?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:49 pm
Jane Smith
Unfettered

[quote="ObFuSc8"]
Quote:
I'm assuming you mean "another thread" on a different site? I emailed pretty quickly after I saw the FAPT update and made an actual offer, but made it contingent on meeting and taking a look at the hallmarks. I suggested a public place and left my phone numbers but have gotten no response at all (yet). Which is what leads me to believe there's something else to this clue.

Oh yes, of course another site..

I just don't know why people "play" when they don't even get the concept of how to play Rolling Eyes so then you've got 100+ garbage emails sent off saying dumb shit...sigh

I hope this one is handled better (closer to uf), if drop or pickup..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:51 pm
Imcoolerthanu50
Greenhorn

Prediction: Since Megan's was supposed to get the silverware, and now her mother's selling it, this is the clue that leads to us all finding out megglez is deceased.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:54 pm
Cherry
Decorated

Maybe the latest tweet from 10CloverfieldLn is a nudge to go to the map location? https://twitter.com/10CloverfieldLn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:57 pm
DougBThree
Decorated

Cherry wrote:
Maybe the latest tweet from 10CloverfieldLn is a nudge to go to the map location? https://twitter.com/10CloverfieldLn

The message of the tweet is "Return to sender". Obviously, it could be interpreted many ways (e.g., send the something in "Something is coming" back to wherever it came from), but being an old guy, it brought to mind the song lyrics "Return to sender, address unknown". That makes me wonder if they're trying to tell us that the address is irrelevant for the Craigslist posting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:01 pm
Cherry
Decorated

DougBThree wrote:
Cherry wrote:

The message of the tweet is "Return to sender". Obviously, it could be interpreted many ways (e.g., send the something in "Something is coming" back to wherever it came from), but being an old guy, it brought to mind the song lyrics "Return to sender, address unknown". That makes me wonder if they're trying to tell us that the address is irrelevant for the Craigslist posting.

Yep, I heard this song in my head as well! I tweeted them back "#AddressUnknown"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:03 pm
CloverfieldClues.com
Entrenched

danteIL wrote:
CloverfieldClues.com wrote:
danteIL wrote:

Except in this case the listing didn't actually "have" a map as part of the listing. So should I infer that no address was entered and/or no pin was manually set?

You can enter an address in your listing, even if you choose NOT to display a map on your ad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:09 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Jane Smith wrote:

Okay, so this is how this goes: you do you, and let other people email whatever they want. The reason I say this is, if you want to do character interaction and try to get info a specific way, go for it and hopefully it pans out. Someone else wants to try to get info by ratting out Howard, or maybe even attempt to break the game? well, if the PM team doesn't intend for it The Mother to get that information, they will ignore those emails. That's what happens.

There was a VERY FAMOUS game breaking moment that changed the face of ARGing as we all know it in the ARG "I Love Bees" When during all those payphone calls, there was a live call {which therefore was harder to be ignored}, Weephun ratted out the sleeping princess. The PM team rolled with it, changed EVERYTHING practically, and make it that much better. Most ARGs have people sending emails full of meta info that doesn't make sense - they just get ignored.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:22 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

It looks like discord chat have taken a look at the address danteIL posted and have sent helveticatt out there - so hey danteIL, this is the time to go check it out (if you want to) - I won't make it there that quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:35 pm
hinoai
Decorated

ObFuSc8 wrote:
It looks like discord chat have taken a look at the address danteIL posted and have sent helveticatt out there - so hey danteIL, this is the time to go check it out (if you want to) - I won't make it there that quickly.

Darnit! Helveticatt taking charge of any possible drop was exactly what I was hoping to avoid. >.<

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:43 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Meta: game wise, I don't see how it would make sense for a dead drop there - unless there is like Megan's notebook left out to "steal". If anything, I feel like an organized live meet would make more sense, since this is The Mother... But it isn't like Howard hid anything in the silverware (he would have instructed Megan to check it in that last message to her) and why would The Mother have something for us?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:48 pm
Page 2 of 22 [324 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 20, 21, 22  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: