Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!
 
The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[MOVIE SPOILERS] Spoiler Zone - You have been warned
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 6 [86 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Author Message
CloverfieldClues.com
Entrenched


Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 757

Things from the ARG that I noticed in the movie:

1. A neon Slusho sign can be seen on the window of the gas station. I don't recall seeing anything inside the gas station.

2. When Michelle climbs through the ducts to reset the air filtration system, she enters another smaller room with it's own supplies. Is the the "first bunker" Howard mentions on FAPT?

Radioman70 wrote:
DO YOU REMEMBER HOW EVERYBODY THOUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD WAS GOING TO END WHEN IT TURNED 2000, AND I BUILT US THAT LITTLE BOMB SHELTER OUT BACK? I DONíT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING Ė THAT TINY PLACE WOULD HAVE LASTED US ABOUT A WEEK, ESPECIALLY WITH HOW MUCH YOUR MOTHER COMPLAINED ABOUT IT, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED TO MAKE HER HAPPY.


3. A Bold Futura letter is found by Michelle in the mini bunker.

4. Howard is watching Pretty In Pink in the bunker, and the PIP image was used on FAPT for the password

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
mzsooze
Boot


Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 36

Re: Things from the ARG that I noticed in the movie:

CloverfieldClues.com wrote:
1. A neon Slusho sign can be seen on the window of the gas station. I don't recall seeing anything inside the gas station.

2. When Michelle climbs through the ducts to reset the air filtration system, she enters another smaller room with it's own supplies. Is the the "first bunker" Howard mentions on FAPT?

Radioman70 wrote:
DO YOU REMEMBER HOW EVERYBODY THOUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD WAS GOING TO END WHEN IT TURNED 2000, AND I BUILT US THAT LITTLE BOMB SHELTER OUT BACK? I DONíT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING Ė THAT TINY PLACE WOULD HAVE LASTED US ABOUT A WEEK, ESPECIALLY WITH HOW MUCH YOUR MOTHER COMPLAINED ABOUT IT, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED TO MAKE HER HAPPY.


3. A Bold Futura letter is found by Michelle in the mini bunker.

4. Howard is watching Pretty In Pink in the bunker, and the PIP image was used on FAPT for the password


I completely missed the Slusho sign, I was looking in the store for movement or something hiding.

Which reminds me, are we led to believe that the truck that pulled up to the Kelvin station is Howard? I seem to remember seeing a blurry semi cab, but waking up this morning I thought "What if that was Howard and the moment he decided to run Megan off the road?!?"

Was that the mini bunker? I thought that was just a separate area where the air filtration system was set up. Of course that could have been put there after Howard decided to upgrade the bunker.

My favorite scenes were Howard describing Santa Claus and Emmett finishing up the Catfish puzzle.
Quote:
Just look at that mutilated cat!


PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
steady
Boot

Joined: 10 Mar 2016
Posts: 11

Let's talk about that ending with the alien ship...Michelle creates a Molotov and throws it from the hood of the truck, right? then in the next frame the truck is dropped and shes in the cab. I don't think there was enough time for her to get inside...anyone else catch that?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ryanj64
Decorated


Joined: 15 May 2010
Posts: 184

I think she throws the moltov and it stews a bit inside the ship/creatures mouth. she then climbs down into the truck and braces, but we dont see it because the focus is on the mouth.

Lets talk about Super 8 quick! Does the kelvin station mean that Super 8 is in the cloververse as well? I understand that it is a prop that JJ is partial too, being that it is named after his grandpa and that there is always something in the movies the nods to him, but this design was exactly the same.

If that is so.. could these aliens be blood relatives to the super 8 monster, who to me seems to use similar tech and could have cause to be angry. Where is Josh Minker when you need him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:01 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
steady
Boot

Joined: 10 Mar 2016
Posts: 11

ryanj64 wrote:
I think she throws the moltov and it stews a bit inside the ship/creatures mouth. she then climbs down into the truck and braces, but we dont see it because the focus is on the mouth.

Lets talk about Super 8 quick! Does the kelvin station mean that Super 8 is in the cloververse as well? I understand that it is a prop that JJ is partial too, being that it is named after his grandpa and that there is always something in the movies the nods to him, but this design was exactly the same.

If that is so.. could these aliens be blood relatives to the super 8 monster, who to me seems to use similar tech and could have cause to be angry. Where is Josh Minker when you need him.


Sounds interesting. I'd consider it but to me its more of an easter egg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
rempas
Veteran

Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 85
Location: the Netherlands

Just saw it.
😳

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
mzsooze
Boot


Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 36

I kept thinking she was going to fall out of the window. She could have pulled herself back in quickly. I didn't really notice an air bag though, one definitely should have gone off with that drop.

That whole bit reminded me of War of the Worlds with the tentacles, seeker, and mouth. Except it's demise was a Molotov cocktail instead of a common cold.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
CynAnne
Decorated


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 241
Location: My Own Lil' Shangra-La, Planet Earth

Hey...

mzsooze wrote:
I kept thinking she was going to fall out of the window. She could have pulled herself back in quickly. I didn't really notice an air bag though, one definitely should have gone off with that drop.

That whole bit reminded me of War of the Worlds with the tentacles, seeker, and mouth. Except it's demise was a Molotov cocktail instead of a common cold.


Not seen the movie yet (and I'm okay with that now...lol), but that made me remember...

Clover him/herself also had what were described as 'tube-like appendages' that he/she sucked up humans (and horses) with...

"The creature's design includes appendages on its underbelly, described by Neville Page as an 'elongated, and articulated external esophagus with the business end terminating in teethlike fingers'. They were designed as a body part to relate the scale of human prey to the huge scale of the creature. The scenes from the film where people were sucked into the feeding tubes were cut from the final edit, but the fourth and final chapter of 'Cloverfield/Kishin' shows how the tubes work."

http://characters.wikia.com/wiki/Cloverfield_monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
mzsooze
Boot


Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 36

Re: Hey...

CynAnne wrote:
Not seen the movie yet (and I'm okay with that now...lol), but that made me remember...

Clover him/herself also had what were described as 'tube-like appendages' that he/she sucked up humans (and horses) with...

"The creature's design includes appendages on its underbelly, described by Neville Page as an 'elongated, and articulated external esophagus with the business end terminating in teethlike fingers'. They were designed as a body part to relate the scale of human prey to the huge scale of the creature. The scenes from the film where people were sucked into the feeding tubes were cut from the final edit, but the fourth and final chapter of 'Cloverfield/Kishin' shows how the tubes work."

http://characters.wikia.com/wiki/Cloverfield_monster


You're right, I forgot about that!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
mzsooze
Boot


Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 36

Ships??

Just curious how many of you think that those were alien ships or aliens with some sort of armor? Like a mech suit of sorts.

I'm on the fence about it, but whatever it was had the ability to affect anything electrical and affect the weather. I didn't notice how dark the sky was when it got to Michelle until she was already up in the air.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Drona
Greenhorn


Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Posts: 4

Re: Ships??

mzsooze wrote:
Just curious how many of you think that those were alien ships or aliens with some sort of armor? Like a mech suit of sorts.

I'm on the fence about it, but whatever it was had the ability to affect anything electrical and affect the weather. I didn't notice how dark the sky was when it got to Michelle until she was already up in the air.


I got the feeling they were bio-mech more than straight up mech. Could be a life form in armor, for sure. The tentacles that grabbed the truck looked to be fleshy and covered in sticky mucus, iirc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:52 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
danteIL
Unfictologist


Joined: 08 May 2006
Posts: 1990

Okay so I saw the movie tonight so it is safe to poke my head in here now. I don't know if I have any really organized thoughts yet. I enjoyed it -- and I liked the creepiness of the bunker part and the little details from the ARG and trailers that got explained or that got put into the bigger context. Some of that stuff was really well done. Poor Emmett.

HOWEVER, I was rolling my eyes the entire last 15 minutes of the movie -- basically everything from the point where she stood on the truck and saw the.. alien.. thing. ship... thing.

I actually appreciate the irony of the fact that Howard turned out to be right about the Martians and the ground sweeps etc etc. But the mega-alien-beast thing just seemed.. obvious (and yes, I know it had Cloverfield in the title). It reminded me of the pointless alien fight at the end of Super 8. And Michelle suddenly turns into Macgyver/ninja warrior?

But really I DID like the movie, honest Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
CloverfieldVet
Boot


Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Posts: 16
Location: Albuquerque, NM / Tucson, AZ

So was the Satellite Image Howards coworker sent one of these ships. I kind of think of them as Living Satellites. I'm confused on the whole Megan/Missing Girl thing. Great film though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:54 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Red Walrus
Unfettered


Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 589

Loved the movie.


Hmmm.... Howards' crazy mutated space worm conspiracy theory huh. Small creature looked like a mutated tardigrade.

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21345
http://tardigradesinspace.blogspot.ca/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:21 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
aromerogern22
Boot

Joined: 23 Jan 2016
Posts: 37

Seriously disappointed.

I just saw it. It was an okay movie. But how exactly was it similar in style or even "a blood relative" to the Monster-Hit of Cloverfield in '08?

Monsters are different than Aliens.
Found Footage is different than Proper Filming.
We know absolutely nothing about any of the characters unlike in Cloverfield which was filmed in a wayyyy less formal manner.

I'm just confused, I didn't get attached to this film or the characters the way I did with the first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:59 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 6 [86 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group