Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[SITE] Survival Sim
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 11 of 13 [189 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
ryanj64
Decorated

Noticed something Crazy while playing today.. i lost radioman 200 days in and dropped a ton of morale, decided to play games. By the time Games was completed i was in the failure days.. It only popped me up to 9%. I played games and completed in the failure area again. 6%. they are hurting me bad man.. no way i finish this one with 2 yrs.. that must be the tough part with 1 person now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:23 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Colt
Unfettered

CloverfieldClues.com wrote:

FWIW, This is what I have been using:

FOOD: 1818
WATER: 5704
FILTER: 2
FUEL: 2246
FISH: 125
AID: 8

i've been using almost this exact build, fine tuning when i notice a change.

started out with 2800 fuel and 0 aid and could make it, event free, to ~400+ days, lower the fuel to 2600 and added 2 aid and could go ~500+, after that i'd go into the 25% zone but it didn't matter anyways, food and water was down to 300.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:17 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

Like level-grinding...

Pixiestix wrote:
danteIL wrote:
I would just like to state that I am really HATING this stupid survival sim game thing. It doesn't *DO* anything. It doesn't *LEAD TO* anything. It doesn't provide useful actual backstory. The leaderboard is stupid and doesn't make sense in-game. Howard can tweak all the parameters he wants but there doesn't seem to be any point to this. So we get a high score? Whoopy-dee-doo. Where is this going, Howard??.

It does appear to be frakking busy work. I loathe busy work.

And we don't even get an 8-bit dancing sprite when we accomplish a goal...leveling up a RPG character is bliss compared to this.

Geez, Howard, you couldn't make this any less fun, could you...?

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:10 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

danteIL wrote:
Here's my suggestion:

Someone (Obfusc8?) should post their *ideal* supply start-up. Put it behind spoiler text if you want, but personally I am not going to do the math necessary to figure it out on my own.

Then, with this information in hand, enough people can simultaneously attempt to reach whatever kind of arbitrary mark (2 yrs/2 people??) Howard has in mind for this idiotic exercise. With enough people trying, if *SOMEONE* can get lucky enough to get through it without any bad luck adverse events, then maybe we can move on to the next thing.

EDIT: the leaderboard still isn't showing up for me when I do STATS. This is the problem with using old SEASAT software, Howard.

OK guys, I'll put some actual supply lists up in a little while.

I've had crappy luck with the SIM each time I've played though and keep getting multiple random deaths, filter/fuel failures and that stupid high pitched noise over and over again in the SAME run. I'd used the same numbers and had been able to sail through 600 days (killing a Person 2 off a little early) before the update.

So whatever I post is going to be theoretical. The new STATS have 3 runs in the 700s, one of which gets to 730 days. From what I see on Reddit, he killed the 2nd off a little early and rationed almost all the time to make it to 730 days for Person 1 (though he still got Person 2 through to 637 days).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:35 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

Are we set on the idea that the goal is 2 people/730 days?
Or could it be 3 people/730 to simulate the movie? Not sure which to concentrate on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:13 pm
zeelurker
Kilroy

3 down to 2?

i have zero desire to play the sim (I'm just a dedicated lurker), but wouldn't starting with 3 people, killing one off, and finishing with three still meet Howard's criteria? Make a tough choice, boost morale back up, make it 2 years with 2 people. Keep up the good work folks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:25 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

"Ideal" Supply Configs

As far as an "ideal" supply configuration goes - it'll depend on the strategy you're going to use:
    1. Try for 2 years, killing Person 2 off pretty early (some rationing)

2. Try for 2 years, rationing nearly ALL the time. You'll STILL kill Person 2 off, but rationing allows him to stay around longer. And you'll need a LOT of Aid kits (which offset your food/water budgeting). THIS is apparently the strategy TheMagicJesus used to get to 730 days.

3. Maximize how long both players remain alive without rationing much & accepting a lower MAX duration

Getting 2 people to 2 years (with both alive at the 730 day mark) with the specs we have right now is likely NOT possible. Not unless there's special Survival Event that recovers extra supplies. I'll explain why in a separate post.

**STRATEGY 1:** Aim for 730 days (2 years) -- MINIMAL rationing, start with 2 people, killing person 2 early
    FOOD: 1532
    WATER: 5107
    FILTER: 3
    FUEL: 2911
    FISH: 132
    AID: 6
You can try to ration when you have less stuff going on. The more you ration, the longer you can keep Person 2 around. The way these numbers are set up to keep Peron 1 alive through day 730 & kill Person 2 around day 291.33 (without rationing) or around day 341-366 (if you ration for 100-150 days). Rationing for 100 days is hectic, but not too bad (especially if you can squeeze it in right at the beginning).

Given the new update, it might be difficult to make it 388 more days after killing off Person 2. In which case you'd have to ration more - this gets to be more & more hectic (as far as scheduling tasks) and will drop your Health faster. So you need to factor in more Aid kits & subtract out the corresponding amount of food/water. You'd subtract roughly 12.306 days worth of food/water to compensate for each Aid kit you add. (Subtract roughly 18 FOOD, 60 WATER per Aid kit added.) You can then "FILL" if there's anything left over.

**STRATEGY 2:** Aim for 730 days (2 years) -- Ration nearly the ENTIRE time, start with 2 people, killing person 2 off closer to the end.
You're going to need a LOT more Aid kits to have a chance of making this work. You'd need between 18-26 Aid kits -- I'll post supply numbers for 20 Aid kits, since that's what TheMagicJesus said he used.
    FOOD: 1274
    WATER: 4245
    FILTER: 3
    FUEL: 2911
    FISH: 132
    AID: 20
You can use the Food/Water to Aid conversion I posted above to adjust this further.

Since Health drops ~ 7% every 10 days while Rationed & Working, you'll drop roughly 511 Health% points over 730 days as long as at least 1 person is Rationed & Working (730/10 * 7). Each Aid kit will restore 20% -- so you'll need a MAX of 25.55 Aid kits (511/20). If you Rationed & Work 65% of the time, you need about 20 Aid kits.

So you'll probably need to ration for a total of 474-475 person-days -- you can split this up & alternate between the 2 people or ration both at the same time. (Rationing both people at the same time for 1 day = 2 person-days.)

**STRATEGY 3:** Maximize how long both players remain alive without rationing much & accepting a lower MAX duration
The MAX duration here would only be 644.99 days, but I'll post it just in case anyone wants to try. I've dropped down to 5 Aid kits because this strategy would use minimal rationing.
    FOOD: 1780
    WATER: 5936
    FILTER: 2
    FUEL: 2456
    FISH: 117
    AID: 5
Again, You can use the Food/Water to Aid conversion I posted above to adjust this further.

The numbers above are starting points. I can post numbers for specific numbers of Aid kits later if people really need/want them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:37 am
Falco
Decorated

im in lesbians with you!!! yay pro strats

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:09 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Falco wrote:

Autocorrect fail, or English fail? Cause like... What?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:15 am
wyokid
Boot

Pixiestix wrote:
Falco wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233NaQ0l6cc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:27 am
hinoai
Decorated

Thank you so much, ObFuSc8! I went and played right away with a set of your numbers and survived well over a year.

I just saw on The R that TheMagicJesus survived past 2 years with 2 people! Hopefully, this means that an event has been triggered... hopefully Howard writes again soon!

https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfieldlane/comments/47lx7l/themagicjesus_made_it_to_2_years_with_2_people/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:08 am
patshatner
Greenhorn

Falco wrote:

HA!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:20 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

wyokid wrote:
Pixiestix wrote:
Falco wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233NaQ0l6cc

Hated that movie. No intentions on watching that clip. Gonna just say "oh, it's a pop culture reference I don't get" and move on...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:02 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

Well I got two people to 523 days. That is probably about as good as I am going to do. I still hate this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:29 pm
ljm
Decorated

Pixiestix wrote:
It does appear to be frakking busy work. I loathe busy work.

I was on vacation when it launched so I missed the initial fun, but honestly when I got back I wasn't even interested in trying it. Same vibe to me as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:04 pm
Page 11 of 13 [189 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: