Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:29 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[TRAILER] New Trailer 2.19.2016
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 10, 11  Next
gimlet
Unfettered

What. The hell.

Who's plotting against us? Shocked

Uh oh. Was my paranoia about Discord playing this game without us warranted?

Or has Howard just been an unreliable narrator this whole time?

WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO TELL US THIS TIME

I knew it was too damn quiet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
danteIL
Unfictologist

In the drawer when he pulls out the scissors, I see a whetstone as well as gun cleaning solvent (Hoppe's No 9). don't know what the yellow thing is. (EDIT: figured it out: knife sharpener)

Just your usual drawer full of dangerous things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:26 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

danteIL wrote:
In the drawer when he pulls out the scissors, I see a whetstone as well as gun cleaning solvent (Hoppe's No 9). don't know what the yellow thing is. (EDIT: figured it out: knife sharpener)

Just your usual drawer full of dangerous things.

It looks like Emmet grabs the scissors and a spool of blue thread.

And, not that this matters, but I think the bottle of Hoppe's No. 9 is their "Synthetic Blend Lubricating Oil": http://www.hoppes.com/gun-oils/synthetic-blend-lubricating-oil

EDIT:
gimlet wrote:
What. The hell.

Who's plotting against us? Shocked

Uh oh. Was my paranoia about Discord playing this game without us warranted?

Or has Howard just been an unreliable narrator this whole time?

WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO TELL US THIS TIME

I knew it was too damn quiet.

Since Emmet grabs both scissors & thread, I'm guessing he's (and possibly MEW) might be making their DIY HAZMAT suit. But behind Howard's back.

As to whether the "A truer friend could not be found" is supposed to mean anything to the ARG players, IDK. Watch our backs/be careful, OR maybe stop working against each other and share. That might be referencing the mini-hack of Howard's VM PW & the subsequent locking of the security code (since VMs were erased). \_(ツ)_/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:10 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

As of late, every time they've posted something it's been timed concurrently with some important in game action. But nothing's been happening. It's dead on all channels right now, as far as I can tell. So that makes me suspicious that something is going on somewhere. Something we don't know about. Given that Emmet is hiding his actions from Howard in the clip, that is consistent with this interpretation and makes me MEGA suspicious.

In every instance the captions for the images in an oblique way have been references to the various goings on and have acted as messages to us as players. Although they haven't all been interpretable at the time of posting.

We didn't know what #winnerwinnerchickendinner meant til we found the Dead Drop containing a chicken dinner.

The last message: Pass the Salt clearly did mean share, get along. This one is more than that. It sounds more nefarious. Like a warning. Like we need to choose who we trust carefully. Maybe this is one of those ones like the chicken message that is telling us "something is coming."

I hope that's it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:39 pm
hinoai
Decorated

I don't think that it always means something. Like when they posted about a Truer Friend... it didn't seem to coincide with anything, either.

If it means anything, it's probably a clue as to where the ARG will turn to next: Making escape supplies/a plan for after the crisis is over and we can leave it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:47 pm
sabaki12
Boot

Has anyone been able to catch and decipher the yellow logo on emmet's hat? Possibly something leading to another IG website...?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:42 pm
hinoai
Decorated

sabaki12 wrote:
Has anyone been able to catch and decipher the yellow logo on emmet's hat? Possibly something leading to another IG website...?

I don't remember what it was, but we found it and the info was posted in the original thread. It basically was not a clue, we concluded.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:03 pm
LockNLoad
Boot

sabaki12 wrote:

hinoai wrote:
I don't remember what it was, but we found it and the info was posted in the original thread. It basically was not a clue, we concluded.

Yep Yep

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1058983#1058983

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:37 pm
Nostromo
Decorated

Salt'n Prepper against Scissor Brothers Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:43 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

gimlet wrote:
As of late, every time they've posted something it's been timed concurrently with some important in game action. But nothing's been happening. It's dead on all channels right now, as far as I can tell. So that makes me suspicious that something is going on somewhere. Something we don't know about. Given that Emmet is hiding his actions from Howard in the clip, that is consistent with this interpretation and makes me MEGA suspicious.

In every instance the captions for the images in an oblique way have been references to the various goings on and have acted as messages to us as players. Although they haven't all been interpretable at the time of posting.

We didn't know what #winnerwinnerchickendinner meant til we found the Dead Drop containing a chicken dinner.

The last message: Pass the Salt clearly did mean share, get along. This one is more than that. It sounds more nefarious. Like a warning. Like we need to choose who we trust carefully. Maybe this is one of those ones like the chicken message that is telling us "something is coming."

I hope that's it.

Emmett is hiding what he's doing from Howard, but he's (presumably) trying to help MEW. Maybe "something is coming" and whatever it is may require US to do something Howard wouldn't really like.

We'll have to wait and see what the update of the EOM tonight/tomorrow AM shows. Or the PMs might go a different way with the next clue/trail.

But relating to the VM PW situation - once the process was posted, a bunch of people were listening to the VMs & at least 1 person who'd left their phone number got multiple calls. Then the security code was changed and it seems like everything stopped. I fully expected to get a bunch calls myself, but that never happened. And we haven't heard that anyone else who left a VM got prank "Howard" calls after that. Goodman's VM greeting stayed in place & helveticatt didn't a (jacked) response from Howard's account/phone either (both of which I guess they easily could have done, if they'd wanted).

So whoever locked down that security code did it "secretly" but maybe they did it with good intentions & didn't screw with the VMs and other stuff on Howard's cell - and that could be the "truer friend" they're obliquely referencing. (I know, this is quite a stretch.)

On a more grim note, "A truer friend could not be found" is a phrase that's very often used in obituaries.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:56 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

We're already doing something Howard wouldn't like. We're literally catfishing him, pretending to be his daughter. Maybe we're the ones pretending to be his friend, with nefarious motives. If that's been baked in from the start, the PMs wouldn't mind the players bad behaviours, it just reinforces their narrative (no exit, we're all monsters, hell is other people, monsters come in many forms). The train never went off the rails after all.

One slightly sinking thought I've had is that our meddling could be what causes Howard to be unable to reach and save his daughter. The cascading effect of that is he becomes so unbalanced knowing she's doomed he kidnaps Michelle. Setting us up for the begining of the movie. We cause it all to happen.

It would be neatly symetrical, and despite being a fictional narrative, gives me a weird sense of foreboding and doomed inevitability.

I just get the feeling this ARG is a tragedy playing out. Grim doesn't suprise me at all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:11 am
hinoai
Decorated

That would simultaneously suck and be awesome at the same time. It would be great to have our "actions" affect the movie, but I'm not looking forward to tragedy.

Well, to be honest, although I am hoping for a happy ending (well, as much as is possible), I have a feeling that we aren't in store for one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:43 am
CynAnne
Decorated

hinoai wrote:
That would simultaneously suck and be awesome at the same time. It would be great to have our "actions" affect the movie, but I'm not looking forward to tragedy.

Well, to be honest, although I am hoping for a happy ending (well, as much as is possible), I have a feeling that we aren't in store for one.

That would be 'in keeping' with the first movie, hinoai...the military officer that intones "May God forgive us..." right before the 'Hammerdown Protocol' is initiated (and NYC is then apparently rendered to rubble), and our last two protagonists, Rob and Beth, seemingly crushed under the weight of the bridge they hid under, as the bombs explode all around them...

Nope, no real 'happy' to be found there.

Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:18 am
hinoai
Decorated

Yeah, that's why I wasn't expecting a happy ending from this movie, either. But I always hope, somewhere in the back of my mind!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:25 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

gimlet wrote:
We're already doing something Howard wouldn't like.... If that's been baked in from the start, the PMs wouldn't mind the players bad behaviours, it just reinforces their narrative (no exit, we're all monsters, hell is other people, monsters come in many forms). The train never went off the rails after all.

You are soo right, gimlet!

Yes we are monsters. In many forms.

I recall the Cloverfield days and our MySpace experiences. Many of players, trying to communicate with characters, mentioned things which yet were not happened, like Monster, etc. And waited for reply. Like bad whispers in your paranoid mind. Rabbit in your headlight.

Characters ignored this stuff. They rather wrote comic story with us, chatted about movies etc. They did OOG stuff, since we were IG.
But we had this dangerous knowledge, that most of these characters may be killed some months later during monster assault.

I had a feeling we were ghosts. We knew a lot. We could warn, but it wouldn't be heard. We could pretend to be ordinary persons, and it could help with our communication. But after all we were invisible monsters.

I very hope one day to take part on an ARG /transmedial experience were such Fourth wall could be broken. A metafictional penetration of reality. Where characters might hear us, might be afraid, affected or pleased to communicate with us. With invisible omnipresent Ghosts. Whispering in dreams and neightmares. Day and night. Such Transmedial experience would rock definitely.

Hopefull wink to Bad Robot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:07 am
Page 3 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: