Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:17 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[TRAILER] New Trailer 2.19.2016
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 9 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Cherry
Decorated

kelwhite01 wrote:
Cherry wrote:
kelwhite01 wrote:
Cherry wrote:
kelwhite01 wrote:
Where are these emoticons coming from? I don't have but a few to choose from. Sad

I used to run and mod several forums so I have a collection. I believe the album is open to the public so feel free to use them http://s94.photobucket.com/user/hfnikki/library/Smileys?sort=3&page=1

Oooooh, I see. I thought they were part of the stock emoticons on the forum.
Thanks!

Just realized how much that link ages me - back when they were called smileys an not emoticons. Too funny!

Smileys... via 1998

Yeah and now they're called emoji (which I don't even understand) emoticon I get. How did we get to emoji?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
JustThinking
Veteran

dmax wrote:
Cherry wrote:

I'm old so I usually hit up a bulk bin on my way and stick a giant bag of nonpareils in my pocket. I don't get paying $4 for a tiny box of tiny candy.

Not only am I old - I'm cheap!
There's a theater near my house that is literally adjacent to the Dollar Store, and its piles of candy.

I've read that the theaters mainly make their money on the food, not the tickets- so buy it to keep them in business.

Can eat that whole box of sno-caps!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:57 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

Cherry wrote:
Just realized how much that link ages me - back when they were called smileys an not emoticons. Too funny!

Oh. Luxury.

In my day we called them hieroglyphs - and we liked it!

Who'd of thought, forty years ago, we'd be calling them emoji?

We were 'appier then.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:00 pm
Last edited by dmax on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cherry
Decorated

dmax wrote:
Cherry wrote:

Oh. Luxury.

We were 'appier then.

[/img]

On the bright side at least you aren't old enough to say pictograph.

EDIT - We are so off-topic. Sadly, I see spoilers everywhere so talking this sort of fluff is probably the safest place to be.

2nd EDIT - I can fix this. There's a new tweet with some footage in it I hadn't seen before. https://twitter.com/10CloverfieldLn/status/707396772549660677 It's a lot safer down here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:09 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

Cherry wrote:
dmax wrote:
Cherry wrote:

Oh. Luxury.

We were 'appier then.

[/img]

On the bright side at least you aren't old enough to say pictograph.

EDIT - We are so off-topic. Sadly, I see spoilers everywhere so talking this sort of fluff is probably the safest place to be.

The original Smileys were Yellow Ocher that originated in Blombos Cave in South Africa. Those were the days...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:19 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

Emoji is japanese, and it comes from the special smileys they can make using their alphabet(s). For instance, the shrug \(ツ)/ (and one of my favorites) has a katakana character right in the middle.
I don't know the full history but there are countless of empty characters in unicode, which are also near the japanese/chinese characters so they were co-opted for the emojis we see now. Hence why in applications such as WhatsApp or Hangouts there's a specific section full of asian characters.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:20 pm
Cherry
Decorated

AntaresMHD wrote:
Emoji is japanese, and it comes from the special smileys they can make using their alphabet(s). For instance, the shrug \(ツ)/ (and one of my favorites) has a katakana character right in the middle.
I don't know the full history but there are countless of empty characters in unicode, which are also near the japanese/chinese characters so they were co-opted for the emojis we see now. Hence why in applications such as WhatsApp or Hangouts there's a specific section full of asian characters.

Groovy, thanks. I'll likely never use them but at least now I know why they arrived at the name they have.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:24 pm
Clovie4796
Boot

Just found out my dad is working opening night and I won't be seeing the movie until Saturday morning.... I'm going to be bouncing off the walls xD MUST AVOID SPOILERS FROM THURSDAY ON! This is going to be so hard.... Question

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:53 am
hinoai
Decorated

Cherry wrote:
AntaresMHD wrote:

Groovy, thanks. I'll likely never use them but at least now I know why they arrived at the name they have.

Antares is right, it's Japanese. 'Emo' for 'emotion,' and 'Ji,' which is the Japanese word for (writing) character. So emoji = 'emotion writing character."

The more you know. Smile

I'm still hoping for a good HD version of that lawnmower commercial. If it's indeed a spoof, I don't think it will be uploaded by the maker, but I don't have cable, so I'd be grateful if someone uploads it at full quality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:58 am
JustThinking
Veteran

Oh boy- new trailer on Stephen Colbert with JJ interview. Can see the lady at the door clearly-it's intense!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:25 am
Clovie4796
Boot

JustThinking wrote:
Oh boy- new trailer on Stephen Colbert with JJ interview. Can see the lady at the door clearly-it's intense!
Please tell me you recorded it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:25 am
CynAnne
Decorated

Upload...

Clovie4796 wrote:
JustThinking wrote:

If you didn't get the chance, never fear - the entire interview, along with the clip, should be uploaded to Colbert's you.tube account in just a little while...here's the link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMtFAi84ehTSYSE9XoHefig

That clip was awesome...and scary! Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:29 am
JustThinking
Veteran

Re: Upload...

CynAnne wrote:
Clovie4796 wrote:
JustThinking wrote:

If you didn't get the chance, never fear - the entire interview, along with the clip, should be uploaded to Colbert's you.tube account in just a little while...here's the link to his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMtFAi84ehTSYSE9XoHefig

That clip was awesome...and scary! Shocked

Thanks- got it to phone from TV- but doesn't seem to want to move off phone. It's the first not chopped - up trailer I've seen- a straight through clip of the scene.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:52 am
JustThinking
Veteran

Another new Twitter trailer- green bubbles! https://twitter.com/10CloverfieldLn/status/707476518369275904

Edit- at very end it looks like she opens passenger side to truck, but then we see her inside on drivers side. She looks over to passenger side- and it looks like something nasty and not alive over there to me. I think maybe opening passenger side door is to get that item out of truck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:40 am
Last edited by JustThinking on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
GENERALE CARMINE
Boot

monster yes or monster no??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:44 am
Page 9 of 11 [151 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: