Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[SPEC] Secret Gift
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
dmax
Unfictologist

[SPEC] Secret Gift
Domo arigato, Mr. Stambler.

What have you tried to get in to FaPT after asking "Do you want to talk?" - Let's not be duplicative.

My thoughts are that it needs to be something of which the wife wouldn't approve. And, he mentioned horseback riding.

My failures included

bridle
saddle
jodhpurs
horse
pony

and, really

kiss
necklace
ring

and some survivalist stuff I'll add later

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:32 pm
Last edited by dmax on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Melodyman
Entrenched

What would you do if you guessed the password and got 'in'?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:47 pm
wyokid
Boot

Have we tried "password"?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:48 pm
hinoai
Decorated

In the beginning, I spent hours over several days typing in different things. All kinds of things, including weapons, survival stuff, and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:51 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

hinoai wrote:
In the beginning, I spent hours over several days typing in different things. All kinds of things, including weapons, survival stuff, and stuff like that.

We need a list of all the words that have been used as possible password-entries for the FaPT site, hinoai...and that's going to be quite an undertaking, indeed.

Whoever signs up for that daunting task...will probably end up looking much like Howard in his 'EotM' photo.

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:53 pm
pqhooligan
Kilroy

A document was already created that lists passwords tried:

https://www.reddit.com/r/10CL/comments/45d6xt/everything_you_need_to_know_dead_ends_game_jacks/

And here it is:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tRgSLlRaeBz91_bFGsD28T4-bHcXIsl8WbSXn46AYQI/edit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:51 pm
steady
Boot

Paris, je t'aime

Michelle is wearing a Paris, je t'aime t-shirt. Howard must have given it to Megan. Possibly the gift? I cant access the site from my current pc, can someone else try it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:32 pm
Last edited by steady on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

steady wrote:
Paris, je t'aime

Mew/Michelle is wearing a Paris, je t'aime t-shirt. Howard must have given it to Megan. Possibly the gift? I cant access the site from my current pc, can someone else try it?

We already know "the gift", Denise told us in her PaFT letter to Howard. It's the medal {which you already know, as you posted in the other thread talking about it between originally posting here and editing said post}. However, either the exact wording of the medal hasn't been figured out {as lots of people suspect} or it is a dummy password {which I and a few others are 99.9% sure of}.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:11 pm
steady
Boot

Pixiestix wrote:
steady wrote:
Paris, je t'aime

Mew/Michelle is wearing a Paris, je t'aime t-shirt. Howard must have given it to Megan. Possibly the gift? I cant access the site from my current pc, can someone else try it?

We already know "the gift", Denise told us in her PaFT letter to Howard. It's the medal {which you already know, as you posted in the other thread talking about it between originally posting here and editing said post}. However, either the exact wording of the medal hasn't been figured out {as lots of people suspect} or it is a dummy password {which I and a few others are 99.9% sure of}.

I remember hearing about that plus all the failed tries. Howard mentioned Denise pawning things...any chance the same seller sold a medal in the past?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:15 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

steady wrote:
Pixiestix wrote:
steady wrote:
Paris, je t'aime

I remember hearing about that plus all the failed tries. Howard mentioned Denise pawning things...any chance the same seller sold a medal in the past?

Craigslist maintains 2 way anonymity to try to give some level of protection to it's sellers/buyers. Because of this, you can't just clock on a "seller info" link and find the seller's other listings. As far as I know, the only way to do this is for the seller to link their other listed items (which Denise hasn't done) or for us to be able to search by her Cragslist "unique number" which we don't have. And IDK that we'd even be able to find past sales (except to try to use a date limited google search - but we'd still need that unique number for Denise).

I've looked at WWII medals listed on CHI Craigslist when Denise listed the silverware and none of them correspond to the (generic) South CHI address she used or seem like they're listed by Denise.

If you have any suggestions about how to actually go about such a search, specific ideas would be welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:20 pm
steady
Boot

I've noticed the same difficulties in searching for past items sold by the seller...I cant think of any specific criteria at the moment. strange for such a specific question to be asked in an ARG.

I feel the ARG will end before the movie is released, I'm hoping we find out the truth about Megan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:34 pm
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: