Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:26 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[Puzzle]THE NUMBERS!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

[Puzzle]THE NUMBERS!!!!
What do they mean???

The trailer for 10CL that was released with the film Deadpool at various theaters each had something different attached to it - an image, with numbers someplace on it. What it is all about, you can discuss and plot. Feel free to sum up what was in the original thread so far. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:17 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
danteIL
Unfictologist

When the trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane was released to theaters, people began noticing a strange subliminal image flash near the end. It has been a challenge to get clear images of these images, but eventually people figured out that there are 5 images total, with a different image embedded in the trailers shown at different theater chains.

The images (mostly) seem to have a theme of "Navy/survival," which may or may not be related to the fact that Howard Stambler was in the Navy.

BUT, the images have also been Photoshopped to add numbers, which might be the important part. I am going to embed our best versions of these images below.

We are guessing on how these numbers should be ordered, but if we use the trailer labels (PDF here) as the order, they are:

1A: 30.6
1B: 0.12 (we are still trying to confirm this)
1C: 9, -9
1D: 68
1E: 5742

There is currently (2/17) a lot of speculation about what to do with these numbers. Our best guess is that they are coordinates (due to the 9, -9) but that is only a guess, since different combinations haven't led to any obvious location so far.
Nt794c0.jpg
 Description   AMC Theaters - inflatable pants
 Filesize   86.03KB
 Viewed   103 Time(s)

Nt794c0.jpg

bxQKLGh.jpg
 Description   Cinemark Theaters - sailor monkey
 Filesize   68.19KB
 Viewed   94 Time(s)

bxQKLGh.jpg

ondeck.jpg
 Description   All other theaters: On Deck
 Filesize   36.16KB
 Viewed   73 Time(s)

ondeck.jpg

regal2.jpg
 Description   Regal Theaters - Mustang tag
 Filesize   74.7KB
 Viewed   98 Time(s)

regal2.jpg

football.jpg
 Description   Carmike Theaters - football team
 Filesize   9.06KB
 Viewed   771 Time(s)

football.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:33 am
Last edited by danteIL on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
IronJ146
Unfettered

Satellite/ Numbers

So, I think I may have something while we wait to get organized.

On the iSat referenced in page from FAPT, the Amateur Radio satellite, ZACUBE-1 (TSHEPISOSAT), may be our key. I haven't gotten it exactly, but it runs strait from NOLA to Chicago and runs through about the same coordinates we were looking for with the numbers. Check it.

Credit to frankowro pointing out the iSat page.
ZACUBE-1.gif
 Description   
 Filesize   123.04KB
 Viewed   61 Time(s)

ZACUBE-1.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 am
Last edited by IronJ146 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
GENERALE CARMINE
Boot

Re: Satellite/ Numbers

me too:

http://science.nasa.gov/iSat/?group=SMD&satellite=28773

IronJ146 wrote:
So, I think I may have something while we wait to get organized.

On the iSat referenced in page from FAPT, the Amateur Radio satellite, ZACUBE-1 (TSHEPISOSAT), may be our key. I haven't gotten it exactly, but it runs strait from NOLA to Chicago and runs through about the same coordinates we were looking for with the numbers. Check it.

Credit to frankowro pointing out the iSat page.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:53 am
IronJ146
Unfettered

I've been using Cloverfield Clues as a reference for the puzzle. There's a really good summary. Please feel free to add and make corrections.

Quote:
There are five new 10 Cloverfield Lane trailer variants showing in theaters this weekend, each containing a different hidden image. The trailers are running before some showings of Deadpool, Zoolander 2, and/or The Hateful Eight, but they could be attached to other PG-13, R, or NC-17 movies as well. Some theaters (Cinemark, Regal, Carmike) also have exclusive trailers for their chains, so it may be difficult to see them all in person, depending on where you live.

EDIT: Leaving the plug for CC, but dante's updated post is much more informative and useful than the rest of this one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:58 am
Last edited by IronJ146 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
danteIL
Unfictologist

The edited version of my previous post now contains the images plus a list of the numbers. What a pain to pull this all in one place!

~~~~~ MY HERO!!! ~ Pixie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:03 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZACube-1

It's not amateur radio, it's academic space research. It has zero in common with the info we have right now.

Seems like a pretty big reach. Also it looks like there are 4 other satellites with almost the same orbit.

As I said, there are going to be multiple satellites that pass over these coordinates.

IF this was a thing and (I'm still thinking it's a reach) we need more data. Like another coordinate that a Satelite also passes over in order to narrow an orbit down.

... Like the eiffel tower for a start. If we had a satelite that passed over both we'd have something...

Although I still don't know what it is that we'd have.

EDIT: Geeze this a lot of great work & organization quickly! Good going guys! Especially Pixie!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:08 pm
Last edited by gimlet on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
IronJ146
Unfettered

gimlet wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZACube-1

It's not amateur radio, it's academic space research. It has zero in common with the info we have right now.

Seems like a pretty big reach. Also it looks like there are 4 other satellites with almost the same orbit.

As I said, there are going to be multiple satellites that pass over these coordinates.

IF this was a thing and (I'm still thinking it's a reach) we need more data. Like another coordinate that a Satelite also passes over in order to narrow it down.

... Like the eiffel tower for a start. If we had a satelite that passed over both we'd have something...

If you look at the image I posted, the relevance comes from the fact that it's orbit hits the same route we were given for the train from Chicago to NOLA (or reverse considering the direction of it's orbit).

The satellite is grouped as amateur radio on the iSat, which is why I referenced it as such.

EDIT: Looks like I may have been using the page incorrectly, because now it's showing another satellite, HUMSAT-D, following the same orbit. I'm confused, now. Although, I agree a second set of coordinates would help.
ZACUBE-1-2.png
 Description   
 Filesize   172.77KB
 Viewed   60 Time(s)

ZACUBE-1-2.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:17 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

I mean, that's the thing. None of us are Telemetrists (except for Howard).

It's really complicated work tracking the orbit of satelites, and I reaaaaaaally doubt the PMs expect us to do that any more than they expect us to trespass.

(...I hope not anyways.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:44 pm
Last edited by gimlet on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
v37
Decorated

You. Will. Fit.

Thought I would move this here as it still seems appropriate Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:58 pm
IronJ146
Unfettered

gimlet wrote:
None lf us are Telemetrists (except for Howard).

Bingo.

There's also a HAM radio in the bunker per the trailer, so grouping this satellite with amateur radio satellites seems like it would be of interest to our Radioman/Radiogirl.

It may not mean anything at this point, but since organizing the numbers into coordinates has given us a general area that falls under this (and probably others') orbit, it seemed interesting enough to point out and consider for future reference.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:58 pm
Last edited by IronJ146 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
millard859
Kilroy

satellite

Okay, new here! I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the FGRST satellite was launched on June 11, 2008 and studies gamma rays. Fermi, who it is named after, helped work on the atomic bomb. Any significance here? It appears like particular satellite won't ever cross over LA though. I've pulled it up on the link below where you can forecast its location on a particular date. Could this help us?

http://www.satview.org/?sat_id=33053U

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:06 pm
Melodyman
Entrenched

its not a coincidence that each of these pics has a common thread. They all refer to the Navy.. We know Radioman was in the Navy..They didnt need to use Naval reference pics to convey the numbers in them.. could have used anything .. but they gave us a common theme and methinks that the confusing number order must be related to the Navy in some manner..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:18 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

Melodyman wrote:
its not a coincidence that each of these pics has a common thread. They all refer to the Navy.. We know Radioman was in the Navy..They didnt need to use Naval reference pics to convey the numbers in them.. could have used anything .. but they gave us a common theme and methinks that the confusing number order must be related to the Navy in some manner..

I agree. There are Navy satellites listed on that iSat page but I couldn't see anything there that seemed useful for what we might be looking for (IF we only knew what that was...)

Hoping for something tomorrow Update Thursday.. .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:29 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

okay so this may be nothing, but I have been searching navy life preserver vests (UDT) and I found one that has the Mustang Survival label that looks almost like the actual version of our image -- at least more so than any of the others I've seen. For me, the telling thing is that "Specification" is written out, rather than just "Spec No."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Navy-USN-UDT-SEAL-BUD-S-USMC-Recon-Horse-Collar-Life-Preserver-Vest-/131728213178?hash=item1eab9d04ba:g:7VAAAOSwDuJWwTew

EDIT: realized i double-posted. two separate topics, though Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:46 pm
Page 1 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: