Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri May 26, 2017 1:31 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[OOG]Movie Spec
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 4 of 5 [71 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
hinoai
Decorated

In the new clip on social media, MEW refers to the bearded guy as Emmett. Anyone else catch that?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:24 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kelwhite01
Unfettered

hinoai wrote:
In the new clip on social media, MEW refers to the bearded guy as Emmett. Anyone else catch that?

So we have Howard Stambler, Michelle and Emmett in the bunker. Michelle was in a car accident and was brought in by Howard. Emmett states that he "was trying to get in", and of course, Howard, who built the bunker.

IMDB has:
Mat Vairo -- Jeremy
Cindy Hogan -- Neighbor
Jamie Clay -- State Trooper 42

So far no Megan in the credits.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:06 pm
hinoai
Decorated

I actually wonder if Emmett is not the guy's real name. Rather, a name that Howard superimposed onto him, and that MEW's character will be called Megan, even though she's not the real Megan.

For example: Megan is gone, and JG can't accept that, so when he rescues a girl that resembles his daughter, he thinks that she's her. Emmett could be the same.

Or, as time passes in the bunker, he starts to believe that she's really Megan, and that's what is freaking out MEW so much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:10 pm
Melodyman
Entrenched

So Howard has a pet parasite trapped in his drum full of Seabed Nectar and after opening it to show his shelter guests, he gets bitten, does the expanding trick and turns into a new hybrid kind of monster with a big floodlight coming out of his butt at the end which ignites his nectar fart and causes the explosion we see behind the house in the trailer?

JJ says this is connected in a strange sideways way to the first one so wouldnt that be dandy?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:47 pm
Last edited by Melodyman on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
hinoai
Decorated

I like it! If the flashlight is coming out of his rear, it's literally sideways! Definitely possible!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

So that means he turns into the monster and his roar is actually "MEGAN!" distorted?
In all seriousness, if we didn't see MEW's iPhone in the trailer, I would have expected this to be some sort of prequel to Cloverfield to show the origin of the monster or at least the beginning of the mutations, in a way to explain the bizarre happenings at Tagruato with "insider info". At least JJ Abrams does acknowledge the original and wants to make a direct sequel to it in a third installment, so we have to see how this one will connect to the first and third too. It has to be more than just Slusho in between them, and way more than just a "Twilight Zone" kinda thing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm
Clovie4796
Boot

kelwhite01 wrote:
hinoai wrote:

So we have Howard Stambler, Michelle and Emmett in the bunker. Michelle was in a car accident and was brought in by Howard. Emmett states that he "was trying to get in", and of course, Howard, who built the bunker.

IMDB has:
Mat Vairo -- Jeremy
Cindy Hogan -- Neighbor

Not sure if anyone said this yet, but has anyone else come to the assumption that the person that is pounding on the shelter door is "Cindy Hogan- Neighbor"? I mean, she's credited according to IMDB so... Question

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:59 am
hinoai
Decorated

I think a few people have mentioned it. It seems likely, in any case.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:03 am
kelwhite01
Unfettered

Clovie4796 wrote:
kelwhite01 wrote:
hinoai wrote:

IMDB has:
Mat Vairo -- Jeremy
Cindy Hogan -- Neighbor

Not sure if anyone said this yet, but has anyone else come to the assumption that the person that is pounding on the shelter door is "Cindy Hogan- Neighbor"? I mean, she's credited according to IMDB so... Question

Wild speculation:
Michelle is in a car accident, Jeremy is the driver of the other car. State Trooper 42 arrives at the accident, Howard has already loaded Michelle into his car and left for the bunker. Jeremy is left to explain the accident. Neighbor is the one pounding on the door.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:03 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

There is a way that the phone could be an end point.
IMAGINE:
The movie begins. Howard is sitting in his car with a flip phone to his ear. He mumbles, "C'mon, call me back." He closes the phone and starts the car. The radio is on and he changes the channel, stopping at a news report.
"Major damage in the downtown area... the cause is still unknown... wild reports are coming in..."
Howard looks mortified and says to himself, "That's it. We're outta time." He begins to drive.
Howard's driving on a sparsely populated road, one car ahead of him in the distance. We see another car coming in the opposite direction, swerving over the line a bit. The car ahead of him doesn't seem to take notice until it's too late... the two cars collide. Michelle is the driver of the car ahead of Howard...
and the movie continues.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:26 pm
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Cool possibility, kelwhite01, and very JJ Abramsesque.
It recalls me the intended car vs. train incident in Super8, shown already in trailer, where we all were like: "What's going on there?".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:01 am
RustyMuffler
Unfettered

Not that it means much, but Paramount just pulled all bookings for the original flick off of their schedule. The theater I work for was just told we will not be able to show it next week as we were scheduled to. Bummer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:19 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

When you Google 10 Cloverfield Lane, extra cast members show up that aren't on the IMDB page.
https://www.google.com/search?q=10+cloverfield+lane+cast&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLSz9U3yKioSCowVkJiawllJ1vpp2Xm5IIJq-TE4hIANqA2VC4AAAA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDqL3m7aLLAhXjs4MKHacnBhsQMQi7ASgAMBU&biw=1268&bih=689

We get a Darcy, Driver, and Liquor Store extra, in addition to the IMDB cast.

(Not sure if this was already posted, Search didn't bring back anything)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:49 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

Someone on Reddit & 4chan claims to have seen the movie already and is currently posting answers and a general rundown of it. I didn't read closely into it, just glanced over some of the answers, but so far things have been fairly consistent with what we've read from JJ and what we've been doing so far. But my biggest relief is that it deviates a lot from the old "Cellar" script, because at least the smugness displayed by some who read it (I didn't) won't pay off for them.
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Apparently this movie is part of an anthology revolving around Cloverfield, if this guy is legit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:58 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

AntaresMHD wrote:
Someone on Reddit & 4chan claims to have seen the movie already and is currently posting answers and a general rundown of it. I didn't read closely into it, just glanced over some of the answers, but so far things have been fairly consistent with what we've read from JJ and what we've been doing so far. But my biggest relief is that it deviates a lot from the old "Cellar" script, because at least the smugness displayed by some who read it (I didn't) won't pay off for them.
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Apparently this movie is part of an anthology revolving around Cloverfield, if this guy is legit.

I'm 100% sure that guy is a troll. It's been discussed already elsewhere. He flounced off of Reddit when he couldn't keep his story straight, and then when they banned him, rightfully, he started whispering disinformation to users about the mods. The very fact that he's on 4 chan at all is a huge warning sign. All this is classic 4chan chaos trolling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:24 pm
Page 4 of 5 [71 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: