Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:46 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[OOG]Movie Spec
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 5 [71 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Let's be clear here, I don't mean human nails can't scratch. I wasn't talking about hardness, or even sharpness, i mean the shape. And you don't have to agree with me, because everyone is entitled to their own thoughts - but at least get what I am trying to say. Very few humans have super pointy nails, and i doubt a non-human would write help. I also feel like there would be a hell of a lot more blood on that window, all spread thru the letters, if that was indeed somehow fingernail marks. My personal experience with fingernails is that they don't make that type of mark on that type of material, they would leave a different shape scratch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:54 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Melodyman
Entrenched

Do we know if the scratchings of the word HELP were done on the outside or the inside? If you were outside and wanted to alert someone inside, wouldnt you scratch it backwards so it could be read by those inside? And if inside, you would do it as it is so those outside could read it.. Maybe thats what the sharpened stick was for? Maybe MEW is scratching it from the inside with the pointed stick? Maybe i'm crazy too!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:44 pm
IronJ146
Unfettered

Melodyman wrote:
Do we know if the scratchings of the word HELP were done on the outside or the inside? If you were outside and wanted to alert someone inside, wouldnt you scratch it backwards so it could be read by those inside? And if inside, you would do it as it is so those outside could read it.. Maybe thats what the sharpened stick was for? Maybe MEW is scratching it from the inside with the pointed stick? Maybe i'm crazy too!!

This is kinda what I was thinking. I think the blood is from outside.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

Melodyman wrote:
Do we know if the scratchings of the word HELP were done on the outside or the inside? If you were outside and wanted to alert someone inside, wouldnt you scratch it backwards so it could be read by those inside?

I doubt someone in distress would have this sort of lateral thinking, I believe it was done from the outside, but in a hurry of sorts after pounding the glass desperately without anyone answering. There most likely are people wandering outside, trying to get in bunkers after the nuclear warfare against monsters like Clovie, and someone tried to get inside Howard Stambler's unsuccessfully. Maybe the scratches were even made by the guy who has a gurney in his arm, as he said "I broke my arm trying to get in", his nails/fingers might be a total mess.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:57 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

Pixiestix wrote:
CynAnne wrote:

'Normal' human nails wouldn't leave that kind of scratching, no...but as we all saw, whatever that girl/woman has become, it's certainly not classified as 'normal' any longer.

And, considering the hard, shiny carapace the 'crotchety crickets' all had, a similar hardening/thickening of nail tissue wouldn't be an unexpected side-effect of being infected...

"Ewww!", even.

Okay, first off, I assume you mean the parasites? I doubt she is turning into a parasite. All we know of her at all is that after banging on the window with her hand she bangs her head against it hard enough to draw blood. Maybe she was bit by a parasite and is in a very "x-files 'go west'" mode before she explodes {which, even outside of Cloverfield itself, TPTB said in interviews that's what happens to everyone who is bit by them - they explode. There was a guy on a gurny with his torso exploded at one point near Marlena}. Even if a human nail was hardened, it is doubtful it would leave that style of scratch marks, that is much more a "fine point" done over and over again.

fun fact: It's been ages since I saw Cloverfield, and I was talking to someone about JJ's styles, and mentioned that I didn't think there were any of those damned lens flare moments in Cloverfield. Well, I just recently rewatched the clip of Marlena exploding, and sure enough, in the mall/hospital, LENS FLARE!!!

I didn't say that 'window-chick' was devolving into a parasite, only that mutation could possibly produce a similar effect within human tissues - that wouldn't necessarily involve being bitten, either...inhalation of 'vaporized crotchety cricket' would be a much-slower form of combining the DNA materials (which might 'buy the time' that Marlena and soldier guy never had, for their bodies to assimilate the 'new DNA info').

And oh, Pixiestix, please don't get me started on that dang 'lens flare'...I've looked at the different clips about a thousand times - I can see them when I close my eyes now.

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:21 pm
Melodyman
Entrenched

Are we looking at a secret soviet satellite that is equipped with some powerful destruction beam that causes the explosions we see?

Howard says "its almost right on top of us.."

plus the "what we found up there was much bigger"..

hmmm.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:10 pm
IronJ146
Unfettered

Melodyman wrote:

Yea, this kinda changed things for me. I still don't know if it's a UFO situation, but "on top" doesn't really scream "up from the sea".

Also, I'm sure it's just a general phrase, but "see you on the other side" for some reason sounds uniquely ominous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:21 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

"on top of us" is a phrase that doesn't only apply to "from above"
Armies can be "almost on top of us"
Deadlines can be "almost on top of us"
Maybe it is aliens, I dunno, I don't think it is but... given the info we have about the rumors as to why the real life sat program ended, it still sounds like something ocean related. and "up there" hey, Russia could technically be up from US so that could be "up there" OR he could mean "in the satellites" in general, not where the satellites were pointed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:27 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

IronJ146 wrote:
Melodyman wrote:

Yea, this kinda changed things for me. I still don't know if it's a UFO situation, but "on top" doesn't really scream "up from the sea".

Also, I'm sure it's just a general phrase, but "see you on the other side" for some reason sounds uniquely ominous.

It takes years for light/sound waves to travel through space...what if the 'red flash' was something 'answering' the 'remnants' that Atsumi and Co. tried to use...?

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=520377

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:08 am
hinoai
Decorated

Just saw that someone had posted a new trailer link on Reddit. It's on the official Facebook, but I can't seem to find it from the main page. Anyways, here it is, and it has new audio!

https://www.facebook.com/10CloverfieldLn/videos/1127177133982223/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:05 am
gimlet
Unfettered

We now have some very juicy statements coming from JJ himself:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/cloverfield-jj-abrams-third-movie?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Am I crazy, or is that CRYPTIC even for Mr. Abrams? Like a whole new level of non-answer mysterious answer?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

gimlet wrote:
We now have some very juicy statements coming from JJ himself:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/cloverfield-jj-abrams-third-movie?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Am I crazy, or is that CRYPTIC even for Mr. Abrams? Like a whole new level of non-answer mysterious answer?

Awesome. This gives us hope for more. Serial JJ - it's a dream, man.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:51 pm
hinoai
Decorated

I wonder if the "larger conceit" is a reference to Tagruato. I could definitely see more movies being made surrounding this company, its subsidiaries, and all of the bad things that come from it.

Actually, thinking about it this way, I'm starting to believe that there won't be a monster in this movie, unless you count the company itself. Monsters come in many forms, after all, and sometimes they're mega-corporations.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:43 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

Most likely they will first have to explain what is Cloverfield in first place. As in, why was it named Cloverfield, who did it first and for what purpose. And I'm not talking about the movie, I mean the "Cloverfield event" referenced in the title of the first one. If they're all connected, it means there was a kickstart event that linked them all, which we could attribute to Tagruato too but it must have had something beyond the accident that led the monster to wake up, after all, it was a recovered tape at Manhattan and cataloged as such, if 10 Cloverfield Lane is a linked event, it means it's not a mere continuation but part of a setup.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:44 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

Well I'm still kind of confused by the apparent fact (based on not much info, admittedly) that Howard doesn't seem aware of, or hasn't commented upon, the events of the first movie. If i were a paranoid prepper, that would be pretty salient for me! Even if there is a general "Cloverfield Event" theme (which seems possible), it's not clear if this is the same "Cloverfield Universe."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:51 pm
Page 2 of 5 [71 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: