Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:24 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[OOG]Movie Spec
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 5 [71 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

[OOG]Movie Spec

Since so many players are trying to figure out the film plot, I figured I would give you a place to do so. This is an OOG thread. I still ask that you put spoiler tags around ANYTHING that pertains to the supposed "original script". Thank you!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:11 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Jane Smith
Unfettered

OOOooo no one filled this out yet!

Ok..Ok..ok.. when that lady bangs on the door and MEW backs away..

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
You can see her sliding down and the window has a black splotch of "something" in the middle of the window..the splotch doesn't move when she does Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:07 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

{pst, you don't need that spoiler tag there..., just for stuff from the alleged original script, trailer stuff is free game}

I believe the person who was fist banging on the door then started banging her head against it. I agree, that's a blood splat!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:27 pm
Jane Smith
Unfettered

Pixiestix wrote:
{pst, you don't need that spoiler tag there..., just for stuff from the alleged original script, trailer stuff is free game}

I believe the person who was fist banging on the door then started banging her head against it. I agree, that's a
blood splat!

Your right, I shouldn't even be putting this in the spoiler tag.. but I am a real wise ass Wink

Now on to more serious things like how do I make that hazmat suit out of wallmart bags, dollar store tape and soda bottles????

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:37 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

Speaking of 'splats'...

Pixiestix wrote:

I believe the person who was fist banging on the door then started banging her head against it. I agree, that's a blood splat!

And there's that 'bloody-black goo' and a possible finger-print in the bottom of the last two letters of the word 'HELP' scratched into the glass...click the picture for a 'close-up'.

http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/2016/02/10-cloverfield-lane-trailer-03.html#more

As a terrifying aside - did she do that with...her nails?!?

Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:56 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Noooooo I'm sure that's a rock or a piece of glass that did that. Nails wouldn't leave that type of mark.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:18 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

I think this is the best place to put this now, but somebody on Reddit was re watching Cloverfield with the directors commentary on and found out something kinda neat that might explain why they chose the code name "Valencia" to film the movie under.

https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfieldlane/comments/46bkni/something_i_noticed_in_the_directors_commentary/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:15 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

Pixiestix wrote:

and it's likely (not certain) she's the "neighbor" played by Cindy Hogan in the credits.

This means that all hell must break loose after the movie's started.

1) Our heroine is driving, injured, rescued - so out in the real world cruising initially, and eventually chilling in the bunker, but we see the new thumping threat that shakes them up after MEW's acclimatized. Quiet bunker life gets messed up.

2) Howard's got a neighbor that needs shelter. If it were post-apocalyptic at the start, it seems unlikely that anyone's living next door.

He starts out by being the isolated nut, but when it does hit the fan, folks want in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:41 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

Pixiestix wrote:
Noooooo I'm sure that's a rock or a piece of glass that did that. Nails wouldn't leave that type of mark.

'Normal' human nails wouldn't leave that kind of scratching, no...but as we all saw, whatever that girl/woman has become, it's certainly not classified as 'normal' any longer.

And, considering the hard, shiny carapace the 'crotchety crickets' all had, a similar hardening/thickening of nail tissue wouldn't be an unexpected side-effect of being infected...

"Ewww!", even.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:55 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

CynAnne wrote:
Pixiestix wrote:

'Normal' human nails wouldn't leave that kind of scratching, no...but as we all saw, whatever that girl/woman has become, it's certainly not classified as 'normal' any longer.

And, considering the hard, shiny carapace the 'crotchety crickets' all had, a similar hardening/thickening of nail tissue wouldn't be an unexpected side-effect of being infected...

"Ewww!", even.

Okay, first off, I assume you mean the parasites? I doubt she is turning into a parasite. All we know of her at all is that after banging on the window with her hand she bangs her head against it hard enough to draw blood. Maybe she was bit by a parasite and is in a very "x-files 'go west'" mode before she explodes {which, even outside of Cloverfield itself, TPTB said in interviews that's what happens to everyone who is bit by them - they explode. There was a guy on a gurny with his torso exploded at one point near Marlena}. Even if a human nail was hardened, it is doubtful it would leave that style of scratch marks, that is much more a "fine point" done over and over again.

fun fact: It's been ages since I saw Cloverfield, and I was talking to someone about JJ's styles, and mentioned that I didn't think there were any of those damned lens flare moments in Cloverfield. Well, I just recently rewatched the clip of Marlena exploding, and sure enough, in the mall/hospital, LENS FLARE!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:59 am
hatrickpatrick
Greenhorn

Pixiestix wrote:

It puts the lotion in the basket...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:05 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

hatrickpatrick wrote:
Pixiestix wrote:

Other than making a silence of the lambs reference, I have no idea what you are trying to tell me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 am
IronJ146
Unfettered

In the FaPT thread, there was discussion about them alluding to or at least acknowledging the previous incident in this story. I actually mentioned the website not being updated since '08 when I sent my email off to Tagruato last week (I got the same automated response back as everyone else).

It actually makes me wonder if there's not a more Twilight Zone quality to the Cloverfield stories. More like an anthology than a shared universe. JJ's been an outspoken fan of the series. The only real tie to all of them being Tagruato, which maybe exists as like a "singularity"(a la Unicron and Primas if you're a Transformers nerd as I am) or "constant" (to use BR parlance). Randall Flagg in Stephen King's stories is another good example. Basically, existing across a multiverse but being the same character.

The word "Cloverfield" has some interesting illusions in itself (a lot of little little things making one big one, some being anomalies), so I wonder if this isn't a set up for that sort've situation. I'd actually be okay with this, since shared universes seem to be the hip thing these days and I don't feel like they're always necessary. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:35 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Agree. The anthology sort of things seems to me very likaly. Another prototype is Necronimicon and the whole insane universe of Lovecraft (Cloverfield ARG especially Slusho story was very influenced by this): Lovecroftean stories are connected with the same background, but various sujets and characters. Perhaps even multiple universes with one initiation.

Here we may have similiar narrative situation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:45 am
hatrickpatrick
Greenhorn

Pixiestix wrote:
hatrickpatrick wrote:
Pixiestix wrote:

Other than making a silence of the lambs reference, I have no idea what you are trying to tell me.

I would have thought that particular scene from SotL gives a fairly upsetting reminder of what fingernails are capable of Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:45 pm
Page 1 of 5 [71 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: