Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[TRAIL] funandprettythings.com aka FAPT
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 20 of 21 [301 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
hinoai
Decorated

CynAnne wrote:
hinoai wrote:
I really wonder if there is something that we are missing. The comment by Nikolai feels too open-ended. I mean, I know that he's basically affirming what Howard was trying to tell Megan, but since he talks about the two of them being the only ones who believe, maybe there is something to that? Maybe he has a webpage of his own out there somewhere, filled with the same kind of conspiracy ranting. Unless he had a bunker of his own and went in at the same time as Howard, he could still be updating.

It would be cool to see him reporting on the attacks, too. Since most of what went on on the surface was obscured from us during the movie, we don't really know much about it. There's a whole world out there to explore!

That would an excellent way to continue the ARG, hinoai - with Nikolai deciding to 'share' with us whatever terrible things he and Howard already discovered...

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
And with all of us becoming the 'future resistance' against the 'alien menace', much like Michelle seems to be doing at the end of 10CL.

Still haven't gotten a chance to see the movie (*more sniffles*), so I'm tiptoeing through the thread, trying to be as 'un-spoilery' as I can.

*covering eyes, semi-peeking through fingers*

Laughing

It sounds like you already are pretty familiar with the ending, though. Wink

I really hope that they continue the ARG. I loved it, with and without its flaws, and I'm really sad to see it go. I have yet to pick which other ARG to give my time to on UnF, and it makes me feel empty inside. Speaking of which, any suggestions? Something ongoing that's easy to catch up on, or that's brand-new and really promising.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:40 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
CynAnne
Decorated

hinoai wrote:
CynAnne wrote:
hinoai wrote:
I really wonder if there is something that we are missing. The comment by Nikolai feels too open-ended. I mean, I know that he's basically affirming what Howard was trying to tell Megan, but since he talks about the two of them being the only ones who believe, maybe there is something to that? Maybe he has a webpage of his own out there somewhere, filled with the same kind of conspiracy ranting. Unless he had a bunker of his own and went in at the same time as Howard, he could still be updating.

It would be cool to see him reporting on the attacks, too. Since most of what went on on the surface was obscured from us during the movie, we don't really know much about it. There's a whole world out there to explore!

That would an excellent way to continue the ARG, hinoai - with Nikolai deciding to 'share' with us whatever terrible things he and Howard already discovered...

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
And with all of us becoming the 'future resistance' against the 'alien menace', much like Michelle seems to be doing at the end of 10CL.

Still haven't gotten a chance to see the movie (*more sniffles*), so I'm tiptoeing through the thread, trying to be as 'un-spoilery' as I can.

*covering eyes, semi-peeking through fingers*

Laughing

It sounds like you already are pretty familiar with the ending, though. Wink

I really hope that they continue the ARG. I loved it, with and without its flaws, and I'm really sad to see it go. I have yet to pick which other ARG to give my time to on UnF, and it makes me feel empty inside. Speaking of which, any suggestions? Something ongoing that's easy to catch up on, or that's brand-new and really promising.

Alas, I've tripped over more than a few 'spoiler' warnings, and have no one but myself to blame for not covering my own eyes and commando-rolling out of my chair, away from 'teh revealz'...

Embarassed Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 am
punxtr
Die Hard Try Hard

One thing is for sure, Tagruato will always be used to some degree for any Cloververse ARGs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:07 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

hinoai wrote:
I have yet to pick which other ARG to give my time to on UnF, and it makes me feel empty inside. Speaking of which, any suggestions? Something ongoing that's easy to catch up on, or that's brand-new and really promising.

Same here, I advice to check out News&Rumors thread. They always have something cool. I'll head there as well as far as I'll have time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 am
hinoai
Decorated

kosmopol wrote:
hinoai wrote:
I have yet to pick which other ARG to give my time to on UnF, and it makes me feel empty inside. Speaking of which, any suggestions? Something ongoing that's easy to catch up on, or that's brand-new and really promising.

Same here, I advice to check out News&Rumors thread. They always have something cool. I'll head there as well as far as I'll have time.

Will-do! Maybe we'll stumble onto something awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:10 pm
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

hinoai wrote:
kosmopol wrote:
hinoai wrote:

Will-do! Maybe we'll stumble onto something awesome!

For sure! I'd love to. If I'll find something promising I'l drop here the message.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:33 pm
Cherry
Decorated

hinoai wrote:
Speaking of which, any suggestions? Something ongoing that's easy to catch up on, or that's brand-new and really promising.

Check out Card keepers in the News and Rumors section. It started a bit ago (Feb) but is still easy to catch up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:42 pm
hinoai
Decorated

Cherry wrote:
hinoai wrote:
Speaking of which, any suggestions? Something ongoing that's easy to catch up on, or that's brand-new and really promising.

Check out Card keepers in the News and Rumors section. It started a bit ago (Feb) but is still easy to catch up.

Thanks, Cherry! I did, butI was totally lost from the first post. It looks like I'd have to read up everything that happened in the original game to even play. :/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:36 am
v37
Decorated

hinoai wrote:
Cherry wrote:
hinoai wrote:

Thanks, Cherry! I did, butI was totally lost from the first post. It looks like I'd have to read up everything that happened in the original game to even play. :/

I just stumbled onto this Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, And The Terribly Cursed Emerald

It has been going for a few months now and revolves around a pretty fun Steam game (free)

Everything that has been discovered so far is in this reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/crowscrowscrows/comments/3oh4vl/master_progress_thread/

EDIT I don't mean to continue this off topic discussion but here is the link to the uF discussion on this http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1056959

And now to getting back on track and waiting for some sort of fapt update...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:44 am
Last edited by v37 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

So uhm... Here's where I tell you guys to discuss other games {even suggestions of ones to play together} in other places, such as news & rumors or in PMs to each other.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:27 pm
Broklynite
Entrenched

So...I'm just finding out about this ARG now (craaaaaap) and tried to go to funandprettythings.com but only see the pics and nowhere to input anything. I'm curious whether or not anybody put in purple heart or other kinds of medals into the birthday gift question, given Denise's comment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:44 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Broklynite wrote:
So...I'm just finding out about this ARG now (craaaaaap) and tried to go to funandprettythings.com but only see the pics and nowhere to input anything. I'm curious whether or not anybody put in purple heart or other kinds of medals into the birthday gift question, given Denise's comment.

Yup. So... Hi. BIG pet peeve of mine when people post without reading previous posts {it's obvious since you don't know what to do on PaFT}. I mean, at least go read the "Story so far".

The game appears to be over, with the conclusion of story being the film itself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:05 am
dmax
Unfictologist

Pixiestix wrote:

Yup. So... Hi. BIG pet peeve of mine when people post without reading previous posts {it's obvious since you don't know what to do on PaFT}. I mean, at least go read the "Story so far".

I think that a parallel message, then, is for people to be thoughtful about their thinking out loud. It's no fun, and near impossible, to scroll through 16 pages of one or two people going "what if it's a lion?" and the next post "what if it's huge? and BTW here are 12 links to other articles about huge so read them all kthxbai" and then next post is "what if a lion is a red herring? and here are three posts elsewhere that you have to read to support that possibility?"

and then, fourteen pages later, someone who hasn't bothered to read every single word of air-filled spec says innocently "what if it's space worms?"

The response seems to be something like "didn't you read my 8th post and the third of the links I supplied? I already said that! Why don't you read everything before posting????"

Sigh. So I suggest that, if folks want to spec (because that's why we're here), they can mull things over for reasonableness before putting every little twitch on the forum. This is supposed to be fun, not a college entrance exam.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:10 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

Looks like my RSS feed caught a 1pm post of yours.
Pixie, it's not about you. I'm figuring you caught that and deleted your message. If not, I'll say that explicitly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:12 am
Broklynite
Entrenched

Pixiestix wrote:

The game appears to be over, with the conclusion of story being the film itself.

Yes, hello, I hadn't planned to read through a thousand pages from a game already completed. I did already read the Story so far post you wrote up and I don't believe that I saw mention of the medal being inputted. I don't think it mentioned how to unlock the puzzles (which, given it's a Story So Far and not Sequence of Steps So Far is only fair). So, my apologies for causing offense, I didn't want to go searching through the entirety of the forum to find out about one tiny question on a game clearly already ended. I'm not even suggesting "ERMAGERD GUYZ U GOTTA DO DIS" I'm really just curious if anyone did it and what the result was.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:30 am
Page 20 of 21 [301 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: