Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[TRAIL] funandprettythings.com aka FAPT
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 19 of 21 [301 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

As I've mentioned somewhere before, I'll declare this ARG as ended after the small sword-wave seal will reappear at Tagruato website again.

At least it would be very elegant way for signaling about end of an ARG without penetrate the meta level.

On the other side the story seems to be done, and Nikolai Roza cliffhanger could be the same cliffhanger like falling ChimpanzIII at the end of Cloverfield.

If they really will do something like Cloververse tales, then this ARG could be continued around the next Cloverfield movie.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:57 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

kosmopol wrote:
As I've mentioned somewhere before, I'll declare this ARG as ended after the small sword-wave seal will reappear at Tagruato website again.

Except wasn't that seal a TIDO thing, which would make no sense to this alternate timeline?

I think we actually could have done without the transmission from NR, I would have been satisfied if that was skipped but we still had that last communication from Howard thru the VM.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:11 pm
The_Stoned_Ape
Boot

Pixiestix wrote:
I think we actually could have done without the transmission from NR, I would have been satisfied if that was skipped but we still had that last communication from Howard thru the VM.

Yeah I agree the NR message was not necessary to the story, but I did like that they gave us something that we could all discover together, as opposed to the single person finds that have made up this ARG. I think if anything they saw a lot of complaints about how this ARG wasn't very inclusive and decided to throw us the SSTV signal (probably expecting us to struggle with it, which we didn't), which was very uncharacteristic of this ARG, but did fit into the HAM Radio Navy Background, so ultimately it worked.

As far as the ARG being over I could see it going either way, but I am leaning towards saying it is over. Although I would love if it continued..Obviously.
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
only possible conclusion/continuation I could see is finding out Megan made it to the Chicago Bunker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:30 pm
aromerogern22
Boot

Sorry for being a bad rule follower Pixie, I apologize. I'm usually on mobile when I'm on this site.
As far as the ARG is concerned...
does anyone think that the ARG could continue with NR only to give us more insight/detail about the connection with 10CL and Cloverfield through the satellite/ISS program?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:36 pm
hinoai
Decorated

I really wonder if there is something that we are missing. The comment by Nikolai feels too open-ended. I mean, I know that he's basically affirming what Howard was trying to tell Megan, but since he talks about the two of them being the only ones who believe, maybe there is something to that? Maybe he has a webpage of his own out there somewhere, filled with the same kind of conspiracy ranting. Unless he had a bunker of his own and went in at the same time as Howard, he could still be updating.

It would be cool to see him reporting on the attacks, too. Since most of what went on on the surface was obscured from us during the movie, we don't really know much about it. There's a whole world out there to explore!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:08 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

He came out of left field with that intermission, but one could infer they're friends beyond working together at the same company. Maybe he does have a site but he seems more collected, I would think of him as someone with specialized information who leaks stuff like that and not someone who goes out on a limb like Howard does and "connects the dots" with a bunch of seemingly unrelated events that fit a theme.
I am surprised he became an important character though, although I realize you guys were speculating it based on the employer pics already.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:33 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

I'd like to see a movie or television series that ties everything together.
We start with the 1958 backstory to Super 8, discovering the alien cube ship in orbit and blasting it out of the sky with a nuke (I still have the Super 8 comic with the backstory). We move through the Super 8 story, alien goes home. We find out that Clovie in Cloverfield is an ancient creature that the aliens are aware of and the Tagruato disturbance woke him up. We then move through the events of 10CL and move on discover Tagruato's response, the US government's response, the Japanese government's response, and follow individuals who are working to piece everything together and discover the whole story. We could see the TIDO group and their research, and other individuals who have little pieces of each story and how they are working to bring the evidence together. Throw in a little weirdness from Sea Nectar consumption, and we have a winner.
(maybe Sea Nectar is the base ingredient to Marvels Super Soldier Formula and what Dr. Banner consumed before the gamma radiation Hulk out Cool )

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:37 pm
Last edited by kelwhite01 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Except,
again, super 8 is not in universe, there is *no* tying it together with these other two films. Said time and time again by JJ, just like he continues to tell people Clovie is not an alien. Plus, I'm fairly sure This film is basically an alternate timeline to the original Cloverfield in that the original didn't happen in this timeline, and yet we are led to believe these two are connected thru Tag.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:42 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

Pixiestix wrote:
Except,
again, super 8 is not in universe, there is *no* tying it together with these other two films. Said time and time again by JJ, just like he continues to tell people Clovie is not an alien. Plus, I'm fairly sure This film is basically an alternate timeline to the original Cloverfield in that the original didn't happen in this timeline, and yet we are led to believe these two are connected thru Tag.

Rocket Poppeteers was a Slusho subsidiary and contained Sea Nectar as an ingredient. So although not directly involved, Tagruato and Slusho were around in the Super 8 story. It could be tied in to a greater extent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:50 pm
punxtr
Die Hard Try Hard

Man, I'm gonna have to watch the movie if I want to participate anymore, huh? P:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:25 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

By that logic, Alias, Fringe, Heroes, and Star Trek are also tied to this universe, because Slusho appears in all of them. There is a flaw in this line of thinking. Perhaps instead, we should just let the director dictate what is tied to what - and take what he has said at face value until told flat out otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:26 pm
kelwhite01
Unfettered

Pixiestix wrote:
By that logic, Alias, Fringe, Heroes, and Star Trek are also tied to this universe, because Slusho appears in all of them. There is a flaw in this line of thinking. Perhaps instead, we should just let the director dictate what is tied to what - and take what he has said at face value until told flat out otherwise.

I'm just saying it could be tied together, and it might be kinda cool if it was and we got a movie or tv series out of it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:17 am
dmax
Unfictologist

The_Stoned_Ape wrote:

As far as the ARG being over I could see it going either way, but I am leaning towards saying it is over.

Not at all. We have yet for this to happen:

Denise loses her cool and finally tells us and Harold that he killed his daughter, possibly after molesting her. Or drove her to suicide after the molestation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:13 am
v37
Decorated

punxtr wrote:
Man, I'm gonna have to watch the movie if I want to participate anymore, huh? P:

Ha! Same here. I can't wait to read through the spoiler thread and see everyone's opinions. Until then I will probably just lurk in case of developments. This has been a lot of fun everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:06 am
CynAnne
Decorated

hinoai wrote:
I really wonder if there is something that we are missing. The comment by Nikolai feels too open-ended. I mean, I know that he's basically affirming what Howard was trying to tell Megan, but since he talks about the two of them being the only ones who believe, maybe there is something to that? Maybe he has a webpage of his own out there somewhere, filled with the same kind of conspiracy ranting. Unless he had a bunker of his own and went in at the same time as Howard, he could still be updating.

It would be cool to see him reporting on the attacks, too. Since most of what went on on the surface was obscured from us during the movie, we don't really know much about it. There's a whole world out there to explore!

That would an excellent way to continue the ARG, hinoai - with Nikolai deciding to 'share' with us whatever terrible things he and Howard already discovered...

And with all of us becoming the 'future resistance' against the 'alien menace', much like Michelle seems to be doing at the end of 10CL.

Still haven't gotten a chance to see the movie (*more sniffles*), so I'm tiptoeing through the thread, trying to be as 'un-spoilery' as I can.

*covering eyes, semi-peeking through fingers*

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:29 am
Page 19 of 21 [301 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: