Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Sat May 27, 2017 5:14 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[TRAIL] funandprettythings.com aka FAPT
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 21 [301 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21  Next
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

[TRAIL] funandprettythings.com aka FAPT
Website and hidden chat by Howard Stambler

While Pixie is about to summarize the story I'll open here a thread where we can analyse the contents of this website.

What we know so far about this page:

* On the T-Shirt of Howard Stambler at the Tagruato Employee of the Month page was written "(R)adioman70"
* http://radioman70.com redirected to funandprettythings.com
* It has a hidden chat (frame of the "Pretty in Pink" movie before the PC monitor), password: "Do you want to talk?" (found via scene from the movie)
* Chat-room has at the moment (17. February 2016) two messages by Howard to his daughter.

Date/time: 01:58
radioman wrote:
DEAR MEGAN,

I HOPE THAT YOU CAN SEE THIS NOW. IVE BEEN TRYING TO EMAIL YOU AND CALL YOU, BUT YOU HAVENíT ANSWERED. ITíS OK, I FIGURED OUT WHY Ė YOUR MOTHER IS BLOCKING MY EMAIL, AND SHE MADE YOU CHANGE YOUR NUMBER. I FORGIVE YOU, ITíS NOT YORU FAULT.

IíM SORRY ABOUT HAVING TO DECEIVE YOU WITH THIS SITE, BUT I NEEDED TO FIND A WAY AROUND YOUR MOTHERíS INTERFERENCE, AND WERE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. NOW WE CAN TALK IN CONFIDENCE WITHOUT HER FINDING OUT. ITíLL BE OUR LITTLE SECRET.

I NEVER WANTED YOU TO HAVE TO LEARN ABOUT SOME OF THE THINGS THAT I KNOW BUT ITíS A FATHERíS JOB TO PROTECT HIS DAUGHTER, AND I NEED TO PROTECT YOU NOW. YOUR MOTHER NEVER LISTENED TO ME. THERE WERE THINGS I SAW, IN THE NAVY, THINGS THE SOVIETíS WERE INVOLVED WITH. SHE DIDNíT BELIEVE ME. BUT SHE WILL. EVERYBODY WILL.

DO YOU REMEMBER HOW EVERYBODY THOUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD WAS GOING TO END WHEN IT TURNED 2000, AND I BUILT US THAT LITTLE BOMB SHELTER OUT BACK? I DONíT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING Ė THAT TINY PLACE WOULD HAVE LASTED US ABOUT A WEEK, ESPECIALLY WITH HOW MUCH YOUR MOTHER COMPLAINED ABOUT IT, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED TO MAKE HER HAPPY.

SO THIS TIME, I DID IT RIGHT FROM THE START. ITíS HUGE, SO MUCH BIGGER THAN WHAT YOU PROBABLY REMEMBER! BUT COZY! AND I FILLED IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU LIKE! WEíLL BE SAFE DOWN THERE, HOPEFULLY FOR YEARS IF WE NEED TO. BUT I NEED YOU TO COME TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THEY MAY ATTACK ANY DAY NOW, SO THEREíS NO TIME TO WASTE.

I UNDERSTAND IT MAY BE HARD FOR YOU TO GET TO ME, OR THAT THERE MIGHT NOT BE ENOUGH TIME. SO I HAD ANOTHER SAFE PLACE BUILT Ė JUST FOR YOU. ITíS NOT QUITE AS BIG OR NICE AS THE ONE HERE, BUT IT WILL KEEP YOU SAFE. ITíS BEEN EXPENSIVE TO BUILD, ESPECIALLY SINCE I CANíT BE THERE WATCHING OVER THE PEOPLE I HIRED AND MAKE SURE THEY DO IT RIGHT. BUT IíM PAYING THEM ENOUGH THAT THEY BETTER. BUT NO PRICE IS TOO HIGH FOR YOU. AND ITíS NOT LIKE MONEYíS GONNA BE GOOD FOR MUCH LONGER. ITíS RIGHT NEAR YOU IN CHICAGO Ė DO YOU REMEMEBER YOUR GRANDMAíS OLD HOUSE NEAR THE HIGHWAY? ITíS IN THE EMPTY LOT RIGHT BEHIND THERE. ITíLL BE FINISHED ANY DAY NOW. AS SOON AS IT IS, I NEED YOU TO GET INTO IT AND LOCK THE DOORS BEHIND YOU.

EVEN IF YOUR MOTHER IS WATCHING CLOSELY AND YOU CANíT REPLY, KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE AND I WILL HELP YOU PREPARE AS MUCH AS I CAN.

I LOVE YOU, RADIOGIRL. I JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE.

LOVE,

DAD

Date/time: 09:27

Radioman70 wrote:
DEAR MEGAN,

YOU HAVENíT REPLIED TO MY LAST MESSAGE YET. I GUESS YOUR MOM IS WATCHING YOU PRETTY CLOSELY, HUH? I SUPPOSE WE SHOULD FEEL SORRY FOR HER SINCE SHEíS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE SO BLINDED BY THEIR PREJUDICES, SO BRAINWASHED BY WHAT EVERYONE AROUND HER IS SAYING, SHE WONíT LISTEN TO THE TRUTH. I HOPE YOU KNOW THATíS THE REASON BEHIND THOSE THINGS SHE SAYS ABOUT ME. I KNOW YOUíRE SMART ENOUGH TO SEE THROUGH IT.

JUST COME DOWN HERE. SAY THE WORD AND IíLL PICK YOU UP OR THEREíS A TRAIN THAT LEAVES CHICAGO EVERY AFTERNOON FOR NEW ORLEANS AND I WILL GET YOU FROM THE STATION. I CAN EVEN WIRE YOU THE MONEY FOR A TICKET IF NEED IT. BUT DONíT TAKE A PLANE Ė ITíLL BE TOO DANGEROUS.

YOU HAVE TO COME QUICKLY. IF IíM ALIVE UNDERGROUND WHILE I KNOW THAT YOU DIDNíT MAKE IT, I WONíT BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH MYSELF.

I CAN STOCK THE SHELTER WITH ANYTHING YOU WANT, AS MUCH OF IT AS YOU LIKE. IVE ALREADY MADE SURE TO STOCK UP ON ENOUGH ICE CREAM TO LAST YOU A YEAR. MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ALWAYS SEEMED TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU TO BE SAFE AND HAPPY RADIOGIRL.

IF YOU CANíT FIND ME WHEN YOU GET HERE, IíLL ALREADY BE DOWN THERE Ė THE ENTRANCE IS BACK BEHIND THE HOUSE. YOU CANíT MISS IT.

LOVE,

DAD

Input to chat is locked with security phrase:

Code:
What was the secret gift I gave you on your 13th birthday?

There is a hidden page http://funandprettythings.com/lifepreservinginformation/, where Howard gives his daughter survival advices. This page and chat room as well may be updated.

Unsolved questions:

* What was the Birthday gift to Megan?
* Which significance has Eiffel Tower and which object was pout down under this replica (?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:54 am
Last edited by kosmopol on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
The_Stoned_Ape
Boot

Just wanted to say I thought the object underneath the replica may be cluing us to the old Restaurant that used to be attached to the Eiffel Tower, but was deconstructed and then rebuilt in New Orleans, as what is now known as 'The Eiffel Tower of New Orleans' it is now owned by a company called The Eiffel Society. It also seemed like the Eiffel Tower Puzzle Pieces could have been cluing us to this spot since it's made from Pieces that were once on the Eiffel Tower. It is actually right down the street so I went there and had a look around but did not notice anything of importance or any connections. It is a beautiful structure though and I was excited to learn that I had pieces of the Eiffel Tower right down the street.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:57 am
kosmopol

Thank you for sharing this! Are there some small Eiffel Tower replicas in the restaurant?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:12 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Since there has been SO MUCH on just that one image alone, I made this thread for the image of the Eiffel Tower from FaPT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:14 pm
kosmopol

Thank you Pixie.

Let's reserve this thread for FAPT Updates and discoveries.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:17 pm
CloverfieldClues.com
Entrenched

Here is the full text of the original FAPT Life Preserving Information (LPI) page:

Quote:
RADIOMAN 70 //
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOPING EVERY DAY TO HEAR FROM YOU, RADIOGIRL. THE BUNKER IíM BUILDING FOR YOU IS ALMOST READY. YOU CAN GO THERE, OR IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE SAFE YOU CAN ALWAYS COME HOME. IíLL COME AND GET YOU IF YOU JUST GIVE ME THE WORD. I KNOW YOU LIKE TO BE INDEPEDENT AND NOT LET YOUR OLD DAD FIX THIGNS FOR YOU. AND I RESEPCT THAT. BUT IF YOUíRE GOING TO COME DOWN, AT LEAST LET ME TELL YOU A FEW THINGS.

WHEREVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOUíRE DOING, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE AN ESCAPE PLAN THAT YOU CAN PUT INTO ACTION AT A MOMENTíS NOTICE. DO YOU HAVE A BUG-OUT BAG? YOU REALLY NEED TO PUT ONE TOGETHER BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF. BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN WHEREVER YOU ARE, AND YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING. HEREíS A GOOD GUIDE FOR PUTTING A BUG-OUT BAG TOGETHER:
http://survivalcache.com/bug-out-bag/

WHEN YOUíRE READY TO GO, IíM SURE YOU CAN FIND A WAY TO GET A HOLD OF YOUR MOMíS CAR KEYS. BUT IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANíT, HEREíS SOME GOOD ADVICE ON HOW TO GET IT RUNNING WITHOUT THEM. BUT ONLY USE THIS IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.
http://www.survivalistdaily.com/how-to-hot-wire-a-car

IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANíT GET YOUR MOMíS CAR, THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS TAKE THE TRAIN. AMTRAKíS GOT A ROUTE, THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS, THAT GOES FROM CHICAGO TO LOUISIANA. THEREíS A TRAIN EVERY DAY AT 8PM THAT WILL GET YOU TO NEW ORLEANS THE NEXT AFTERNOON. TELL ME WHAT DAY AND IíLL BE WAITING TO PICK YOU UP.
https://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/602/640/Amtrak-City-of-New-Orleans-Train-Route-Guide.pdf

WHILE YOUíRE ON YOUR WAY, STAY AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AT ALL TIMES. IT COULD COME FROM ANYWHERE. IF YOU SEE A BIG WHITE FLASH IN THE SKY, ITíS LIKELY A NUCLEAR ATTACK Ė GET OFF THE HIGHWAY AND GET TO A RURAL, UNPOULATED AREA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

IF ITíS A CHEMICAL OR BIOLOGICAL ATTACK, STAY IN YOUR CAR AND STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. THERE WILL BE NO SAFTEY IN NUMBERS. YOU CAN PICK UP A GAS MASK FROM ANY SURPLUS STORE, SO MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE FOR YOUR BUG-OUT BAG. HEREíS SOME MORE GOOD INFO FOR YOU TO REVIEW:
http://www.survivalkitsonline.com/terrorismpreparedness.html

I DONíT THINK WE HAVE A LOT OF TIME. THINGS ARE HEATING UP.
http://gpsworld.com/us-coast-guard-issues-gps-jamming-alert/

ITíS ALL CONNECTED THE NORTH KOREA ANGLE IS BSó WE SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON THE SOVIETS.
http://www.ianslive.in/index.php?param=news/Pyongyang_announces_successful_satellite_launch-500418/INTERNATIONAL/13
http://news.yahoo.com/postgame-orbit-north-koreas-new-satellite-does-a-123612940.html

HERE ARE A COUPLE OF SITES I CHECK REGULARLY FOR IRREGULAR PATTERNS OR HIDDEN COORDINATION. WE MANY NOT SEE ANYTHING HERE, BUT IT DOESNíT HURT TO CHECK THE MORE INFO WE GATHER THE MORE PREPARED WE CAN BE.

SPACE WEATHER CONDITIONS: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov
INTERACTIVE SATELITTE TRACKING: http://science.nasa.gov/iSat/?group=SMD

Chicago, IL
30į
3:36 pm CST
Mostly sunny
Get this widget

COME AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN, BUT DONíT TAKE A PLANE. IF SOMETHING HAPPENS WHILE YOUíRE ON A PLANE, THEN THEREíS NO WHERE FOR YOU TO ESCAPE TO.

LOVE,

DAD

The LPI page was updated around Feb 13:

Quote:
MEGAN THIS IS WHY I SAY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE AWARE OF WHATS HAPPENING AROUND YOU. LOOK:
http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2016/02/train_track_fire_disrupts_amtr.html

SO FORGET THE TRAIN. YOUíRE BETTER OFF DRIVING ANYWAY. THAT WAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE AN ESCAPE ROUTE AND CANíT GET BACKED INTO A CORNER. ITíS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE IN CONTROL OF YOUR OWN MOVEMENTS.

BUT YOUíRE GOING TO NEED TO GET YOUR HANDS ON A CAR. YOUR MOMíS OR SOMEONE ELSEíS.

AND YOUíRE GOING TO NEED TO HURRY.

LOVE,

DAD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:40 pm
Jane Smith
Unfettered

Is anyone here keeping a changelog or feed on FAPT?

Just not sure me checking and refreshing the site every couple of mins hours on my tablet is really helping Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:42 pm
wyokid
Boot

This was updated on Thursday right? So hypothetically we could get another update tomorrow right? I hope?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:10 pm
John_Goodmans_Face
Greenhorn

^^^ I'm in this camp ^^^

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:18 pm
IronJ146
Unfettered

John_Goodmans_Face wrote:
^^^ I'm in this camp ^^^

I'm in whatever camp you're in based strictly on your name.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:22 pm
John_Goodmans_Face
Greenhorn

IronJ146 wrote:
John_Goodmans_Face wrote:
^^^ I'm in this camp ^^^

I'm in whatever camp you're in based strictly on your name.

Thanks lol I participated in the last ARG but forgot my username/password so I had to start over.. The name just felt right... almost too right

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 pm
untricky
Decorated

MEWsic would have been too meta. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:30 pm
JustThinking
Veteran

I just put in "Do you want to talk?" and did not get directed to Howard's note- it went right to the password for the 13th birthday gift. Maybe they are updating the page?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:37 am
heavyunderground
Boot

And we have another message:

Quote:
DEAR MEGAN,

NO ANSWER YET, MEGAN? I UNDERSTAND. YOUíVE BEEN LISTENING TO YOUR MOTHER. SHEíS BEEN POISONING YOU AGAINST ME, RIGHT? THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS YOU DONíT KNOW. SO LET ME TELL YOU SOME OF THEM AND MAYBE YOULL SEE I KNOW WHAT IíM TALKING ABOUT.

A WIFE SHOULD BELIEVE HER HUSBAND, NOT UNDERCUT HIM. BUT NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TRIED TO SHARE THE TRUTH WITH HER, YOUR MOTHER NEVER TOOK ME SERIOUSLY. YOUíRE OLD ENOUGH NOW TO KNOW THE TRUTH. I WAS WORKING WITH VERY SECRET AND HIGHLY CLASSIFIED SPY SATELLITES. I HAD CLEARANCE. AND I SAW THINGS. THINGS YOU WOULDNíT BELIEVE. THINGS FEW PEOPLE WOULD BELIEVE.

THERE WAS THIS MISSION CALLED SEASAT. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TRACKING SOVIET SPY SATELLITES BUT WHAT WE FOUND UP THERE WAS MUCH MUCH BIGGER. SO THEY CANCELLED THE PROJETC AND MADE UP A STORY TO EXPLAIN WHY. BUT ONE GUY I SERVED WITH, HE UNDERSTOOD THE IMPORTANCE OF WHAT WE WERE SEEING. HE WAS KIND OF A MENTOR FOR ME AND THE FEW OTHERS WHO DIDNíT WANT TO LET IT GO. SO WE BEGAN COMPILING ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE. AND ONCE WE STARTED LOOKING FOR IT, WE SAW THE SIGNS EVERYWHERE. WE ASSEMBLD SO MUCH EVIDENCE AND TRIED TO GET THE COMMANDERS TO LISTEN. BUT THEY DIDNíT WANT TO HEAR ANY OF IT. THEY SHUT US DOWN. AND THEY ACCUSED MY MENTOR OF SPYING FOR THE SOVIETS. THEY SENT HIM TO JAIL FOR 365 YEARS AND THEY MADE IT CLEAR THAT THEY WOULDNOT HESITATE TO DO THE SAME TO ME IF I DIDNíT STOP ASKIGN QUESTIONS THEY DIDNíT WANT TO ANSWER. I LEFT THE NAVY NOT TOO LONG AFTER THAT. BUT I NEVER STOPPED LOOKING.

I KNOW LITTLE GIRLS PROBABLY CARE MORE ABOUT HORSEBACK RIDING THAN FOLLOWING THE NEWS. SO IíM GUESSING YOU DIDNíT SEE THEY LAUNCHED A NEW SPY SATELLITE INTO ORBIT A FEW DAYS AGO:
HTTP://WWW.SPACE.COM/31888-US-SPY-SATELLITE-DAZZLING-LAUNCH-NROL45.HTML

ONE THING MY SEASAT EXPERIENCE TAUGHT ME WAS HOW TO RECOGNIZE A COVER STORY. THEYíVE USED A CLASSIC ONE HERE. VAGUE MENTIONS OF ďNATIONAL SECURITYĒ AND ďCLASSIFIED MISSION DETAILSĒ? I NEED YOU TO BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT WHEN A NEW SATELLITE LIKE THAT GETS LAUNCHED, ITíS BECAUSE THEY KNOW SOMETHING. SOMETHING THAT THEY NEED THEIR EYES ON. SOMETHING THAT THEY DONíT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO KNOW ABOUT. AND IF THE TOP BRASS IS FINALLY READY TO DEAL WITH IT, THAT MEANS THEREíS NOT MUCH TIME LEFT FOR US.

IF YOU WERE HERE, I COULD SHOW YOU MORE. WHEN ARE YOU COMING?

LOVE,

DAD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:47 am
G.I.R
Entrenched

EDIT: Lmaoooo beat me by a minute! Never the less, I find it really strange he mentions 365 years, that stood out to me Confused

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:48 am
Page 1 of 21 [301 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: