Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:26 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[LOCKED] STORY SO FAR
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

STORY SO FAR
SPOILER WARNING!!!

[IMPORTANT - this is a work in progress. Thread will be updated whenever a break thru or new game info is handed to us.]

On Jan 15th, a trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane {10CL} was "leaked" {there is continued debate as to if this was actually a leak, or an attempt to grab attention}. No one knew the movie was in production, this came as an amazing shock. Within hours, the first official trailer {no different} was released, with only 2 months until the film is to be released.

Players proceeded to devour the trailer scene by scene, looking for any hope of a clue - every item under scrutiny. The first major thing that jumped at everyone was the number John Goodman's character punches into the jukebox - 4813 for the song "I Think We're Alone Now" as performed by Tommy James and the Shondells. Something else that stood out, but was possibly a red herring was that we don't see JG punch the number "1" although the number is shown.

The second major thing noticed in the trailer is that the Eiffel Tower pops up in a variety of ways. A Poster, a shirt, etc... We have yet to understand the importance, it may not pertain to the game at all.

They also noticed the Swamp Pop soda shown in many scenes in the trailer. Thinking back to how SLUSHO was used in the first Cloverfield game, and while Swamp Pop is a real company, the player base devoured their website for clues. Sure enough, Swamp Pop's website had just been updated to include a strange item - the Long-Term Shelter Supply which is for sale {but out of stock} for $4,813.00. They also added the tag line "You can't drink just four!" which hearkens back to Slusho's "You can't drink just 6!" tagline. Emails to the company were not returned, however many players decided to purchase packs of the soda. When the packages arrived, they came with three puzzle pieces from a puzzle of the Eiffel Tower. As of now, this seems to have gone no where.

In January, players emailed the old Tagruato website just to see if what appeared to be a recent update {the removal of the sword logo from various pages} meant it was active again. They got a form response {see image attachment "Tag1" below}. The signature was from Vanessa Gwon, employee of the month for January 2016. Those of us who emailed in February got the same form letter, but this time it was from Dr. Feng Guangbiao, employee of the month February 2016. This led us to guess a web address for the employee of the month
Code:
tagruato.jp/employeeofthemonth

{it isn't linked to from anywhere on the Tagruato website that we have found} which redirects to the page for February, which also links to January's page.

February's page shows that Howard Stambler, John Goodman's character and our main protagonist {See image attachment "Howard" below}, was employee of the month for one of Tag's subsidiaries "Bold Futura" {NOTE - There is no website for that as of now. The one and only website that was ever for Bold Futura was made during the original game as an OUT OF GAME gamejack.}

From there, it was noticed that Howard looked disheveled compared with the other EotM, his shirt being off to the side showing most of the image on it. Someone figured out that his shirt was a clue to go to
Code:
radioman70.com
which then redirects to {FaPT}.
Code:
FunAndPrettyThings.com

The source code for FaPT has a hidden message
Quote:
You do not belong here.
Megan would never come here.
I know who you are and will be tracking you.

On FaPT splash page, there are 16 of images. One is of alphabet beads, with the letters "M" "E" "G" "A" and "N" missing - Megan is apparently the daughter of Howard. There is yet another Eiffel Tower image {see image attachment ET-FaPT" below}. This one has become a pet project mystery to many people. We don't know if it means anything, but it is not the real Eiffel tower, and appears to be a replica standing on something strange.

There is also a screen shot from the film Pretty in Pink, which is clickable and asks for a pass phrase. The scene in the film is when Andie is in computer class and Blane messages her to ask "Do you want to talk?" - using that as the pass phrase, you get to a "chat board" with a message from Howard to Megan. {spelling errors in quote below are Howard's}
Quote:
DEAR MEGAN,

I HOPE THAT YOU CAN SEE THIS NOW. IVE BEEN TRYING TO EMAIL YOU AND CALL YOU, BUT YOU HAVENíT ANSWERED. ITíS OK, I FIGURED OUT WHY Ė YOUR MOTHER IS BLOCKING MY EMAIL, AND SHE MADE YOU CHANGE YOUR NUMBER. I FORGIVE YOU, ITíS NOT YORU FAULT.

IíM SORRY ABOUT HAVING TO DECEIVE YOU WITH THIS SITE, BUT I NEEDED TO FIND A WAY AROUND YOUR MOTHERíS INTERFERENCE, AND WERE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. NOW WE CAN TALK IN CONFIDENCE WITHOUT HER FINDING OUT. ITíLL BE OUR LITTLE SECRET.

I NEVER WANTED YOU TO HAVE TO LEARN ABOUT SOME OF THE THINGS THAT I KNOW BUT ITíS A FATHERíS JOB TO PROTECT HIS DAUGHTER, AND I NEED TO PROTECT YOU NOW. YOUR MOTHER NEVER LISTENED TO ME. THERE WERE THINGS I SAW, IN THE NAVY, THINGS THE SOVIETíS WERE INVOLVED WITH. SHE DIDNíT BELIEVE ME. BUT SHE WILL. EVERYBODY WILL.

DO YOU REMEMBER HOW EVERYBODY THOUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD WAS GOING TO END WHEN IT TURNED 2000, AND I BUILT US THAT LITTLE BOMB SHELTER OUT BACK? I DONíT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING Ė THAT TINY PLACE WOULD HAVE LASTED US ABOUT A WEEK, ESPECIALLY WITH HOW MUCH YOUR MOTHER COMPLAINED ABOUT IT, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED TO MAKE HER HAPPY.

SO THIS TIME, I DID IT RIGHT FROM THE START. ITíS HUGE, SO MUCH BIGGER THAN WHAT YOU PROBABLY REMEMBER! BUT COZY! AND I FILLED IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU LIKE! WEíLL BE SAFE DOWN THERE, HOPEFULLY FOR YEARS IF WE NEED TO. BUT I NEED YOU TO COME TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THEY MAY ATTACK ANY DAY NOW, SO THEREíS NO TIME TO WASTE.

I UNDERSTAND IT MAY BE HARD FOR YOU TO GET TO ME, OR THAT THERE MIGHT NOT BE ENOUGH TIME. SO I HAD ANOTHER SAFE PLACE BUILT Ė JUST FOR YOU. ITíS NOT QUITE AS BIG OR NICE AS THE ONE HERE, BUT IT WILL KEEP YOU SAFE. ITíS BEEN EXPENSIVE TO BUILD, ESPECIALLY SINCE I CANíT BE THERE WATCHING OVER THE PEOPLE I HIRED AND MAKE SURE THEY DO IT RIGHT. BUT IíM PAYING THEM ENOUGH THAT THEY BETTER. BUT NO PRICE IS TOO HIGH FOR YOU. AND ITíS NOT LIKE MONEYíS GONNA BE GOOD FOR MUCH LONGER. ITíS RIGHT NEAR YOU IN CHICAGO Ė DO YOU REMEMEBER YOUR GRANDMAíS OLD HOUSE NEAR THE HIGHWAY? ITíS IN THE EMPTY LOT RIGHT BEHIND THERE. ITíLL BE FINISHED ANY DAY NOW. AS SOON AS IT IS, I NEED YOU TO GET INTO IT AND LOCK THE DOORS BEHIND YOU.

EVEN IF YOUR MOTHER IS WATCHING CLOSELY AND YOU CANíT REPLY, KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE AND I WILL HELP YOU PREPARE AS MUCH AS I CAN.

I LOVE YOU, RADIOGIRL. I JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE.

LOVE,

DAD

The sentence "KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE" is a dead link. There is a space to respond chat, however when you attempt to write anything, another passcode pop up appears and asks "What was the secret gift I gave you on your 13th birthday?" Some players are trying to find the answer to the question, while others believe it is a dummy place question with no answer meant to make people think they could respond but they can't actually. Time will tell.

The same day the following week, Howard updated the chat with a new message:
Quote:
DEAR MEGAN,

YOU HAVENíT REPLIED TO MY LAST MESSAGE YET. I GUESS YOUR MOM IS WATCHING YOU PRETTY CLOSELY, HUH? I SUPPOSE WE SHOULD FEEL SORRY FOR HER SINCE SHEíS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE SO BLINDED BY THEIR PREJUDICES, SO BRAINWASHED BY WHAT EVERYONE AROUND HER IS SAYING, SHE WONíT LISTEN TO THE TRUTH. I HOPE YOU KNOW THATíS THE REASON BEHIND THOSE THINGS SHE SAYS ABOUT ME. I KNOW YOUíRE SMART ENOUGH TO SEE THROUGH IT.

JUST COME DOWN HERE. SAY THE WORD AND IíLL PICK YOU UP OR THEREíS A TRAIN THAT LEAVES CHICAGO EVERY AFTERNOON FOR NEW ORLEANS AND I WILL GET YOU FROM THE STATION. I CAN EVEN WIRE YOU THE MONEY FOR A TICKET IF NEED IT. BUT DONíT TAKE A PLANE Ė ITíLL BE TOO DANGEROUS.

YOU HAVE TO COME QUICKLY. IF IíM ALIVE UNDERGROUND WHILE I KNOW THAT YOU DIDNíT MAKE IT, I WONíT BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH MYSELF.

I CAN STOCK THE SHELTER WITH ANYTHING YOU WANT, AS MUCH OF IT AS YOU LIKE. IVE ALREADY MADE SURE TO STOCK UP ON ENOUGH ICE CREAM TO LAST YOU A YEAR. MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ALWAYS SEEMED TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. ALL I WANT IS FOR YOU TO BE SAFE AND HAPPY RADIOGIRL.

IF YOU CANíT FIND ME WHEN YOU GET HERE, IíLL ALREADY BE DOWN THERE Ė THE ENTRANCE IS BACK BEHIND THE HOUSE. YOU CANíT MISS IT.
LOVE,

DAD

At this point, the previously dead link is now live. if you click "KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE" it takes us to
Code:
http://funandprettythings.com/lifepreservinginformation/
which has imformation leading to REAL LIFE & OOG prepper websites, as well as an image showing Megan how to tailor a bug out bag for herself {see image attachment "bag" below}. In a twist of art meets real life, there was a real life train track fire right along the path of the train Howard was telling Megan to go. The page was updated with a link to a news article about it, and to tell her not to take the train after all.

In between Howard's posts, a new trailer dropped in the form of a Super Bowl ad. There doesn't appear to be anything new for the game in this trailer. However, we did get word that there would be a new trailer attached to the film Deadpool, and that different theaters would get a different version. As it turned out, the trailer itself was identical EXCEPT each one had a different image flash. There are 5 images so far, and on each one is a set of numbers. {See image attachments "A"-"E" below}

Right now, we BELIEVE these numbers can be put together as possibly coordinates, however in most combinations they lead to private property. This is slowly leading us to rethink this puzzle solve method.

That's where we are so far ~ 2/17/16
tag1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   68.63KB
 Viewed   139 Time(s)

tag1.jpg

howard.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   33.79KB
 Viewed   94 Time(s)

howard.jpg

ET-FaPT.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   19.73KB
 Viewed   2362 Time(s)

ET-FaPT.jpg

bag.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   122.97KB
 Viewed   100 Time(s)

bag.jpg

A.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   86.03KB
 Viewed   151 Time(s)

A.jpg

B.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   68.19KB
 Viewed   96 Time(s)

B.jpg

C.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   36.16KB
 Viewed   115 Time(s)

C.jpg

D.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   74.7KB
 Viewed   92 Time(s)

D.jpg

E.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   9.06KB
 Viewed   2271 Time(s)

E.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:34 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

update

Howard updated FaPT with a new message for Megan:

Quote:
DEAR MEGAN,

NO ANSWER YET, MEGAN? I UNDERSTAND. YOUíVE BEEN LISTENING TO YOUR MOTHER. SHEíS BEEN POISONING YOU AGAINST ME, RIGHT? THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS YOU DONíT KNOW. SO LET ME TELL YOU SOME OF THEM AND MAYBE YOULL SEE I KNOW WHAT IíM TALKING ABOUT.

A WIFE SHOULD BELIEVE HER HUSBAND, NOT UNDERCUT HIM. BUT NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TRIED TO SHARE THE TRUTH WITH HER, YOUR MOTHER NEVER TOOK ME SERIOUSLY. YOUíRE OLD ENOUGH NOW TO KNOW THE TRUTH. I WAS WORKING WITH VERY SECRET AND HIGHLY CLASSIFIED SPY SATELLITES. I HAD CLEARANCE. AND I SAW THINGS. THINGS YOU WOULDNíT BELIEVE. THINGS FEW PEOPLE WOULD BELIEVE.

THERE WAS THIS MISSION CALLED SEASAT. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TRACKING SOVIET SPY SATELLITES BUT WHAT WE FOUND UP THERE WAS MUCH MUCH BIGGER. SO THEY CANCELLED THE PROJETC AND MADE UP A STORY TO EXPLAIN WHY. BUT ONE GUY I SERVED WITH, HE UNDERSTOOD THE IMPORTANCE OF WHAT WE WERE SEEING. HE WAS KIND OF A MENTOR FOR ME AND THE FEW OTHERS WHO DIDNíT WANT TO LET IT GO. SO WE BEGAN COMPILING ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE. AND ONCE WE STARTED LOOKING FOR IT, WE SAW THE SIGNS EVERYWHERE. WE ASSEMBLD SO MUCH EVIDENCE AND TRIED TO GET THE COMMANDERS TO LISTEN. BUT THEY DIDNíT WANT TO HEAR ANY OF IT. THEY SHUT US DOWN. AND THEY ACCUSED MY MENTOR OF SPYING FOR THE SOVIETS. THEY SENT HIM TO JAIL FOR 365 YEARS AND THEY MADE IT CLEAR THAT THEY WOULDNOT HESITATE TO DO THE SAME TO ME IF I DIDNíT STOP ASKIGN QUESTIONS THEY DIDNíT WANT TO ANSWER. I LEFT THE NAVY NOT TOO LONG AFTER THAT. BUT I NEVER STOPPED LOOKING.

I KNOW LITTLE GIRLS PROBABLY CARE MORE ABOUT HORSEBACK RIDING THAN FOLLOWING THE NEWS. SO IíM GUESSING YOU DIDNíT SEE THEY LAUNCHED A NEW SPY SATELLITE INTO ORBIT A FEW DAYS AGO:
HTTP://WWW.SPACE.COM/31888-US-SPY-SATELLITE-DAZZLING-LAUNCH-NROL45.HTML

ONE THING MY SEASAT EXPERIENCE TAUGHT ME WAS HOW TO RECOGNIZE A COVER STORY. THEYíVE USED A CLASSIC ONE HERE. VAGUE MENTIONS OF ďNATIONAL SECURITYĒ AND ďCLASSIFIED MISSION DETAILSĒ? I NEED YOU TO BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT WHEN A NEW SATELLITE LIKE THAT GETS LAUNCHED, ITíS BECAUSE THEY KNOW SOMETHING. SOMETHING THAT THEY NEED THEIR EYES ON. SOMETHING THAT THEY DONíT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO KNOW ABOUT. AND IF THE TOP BRASS IS FINALLY READY TO DEAL WITH IT, THAT MEANS THEREíS NOT MUCH TIME LEFT FOR US.

IF YOU WERE HERE, I COULD SHOW YOU MORE. WHEN ARE YOU COMING?

LOVE,

DAD

After much speculation, the PM team appears to be confirming a recent theory that the numbers we were given to indeed correspond to a satellite of some type.

We also got some possible character development with real world ties, yet again. There really was a a navy man, Jerry A. Whitworth, working on the Seasat project who was convicted of being a Soviet spy and sentenced to 365 years. User heavyunderground found this article via a quick Google search: http://articles.latimes.com/1986-08-29/news/mn-14560_1_150-year-sentence. Also looking at the wikipedia page for Seasat gives us this:
Quote:
Seasat was able to detect the wakes of submerged submarines, a discovery not anticipated before launch. The conspiracy theory holds that once this was discovered, the military shut SEASAT down, with a cover story of a power supply short.
Could it be perhaps that Howard and his mentor FOUND the monsters at sea, not caring to interrupt the world above until Tagruato got involved? Hope we find out, before it is too late!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:19 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

update: Friday, Feb 19th

When we last left our intrepid players, they were trying to make heads or tails of the random trailer number flashes. WELL, they got it!
The trailers were finally, but secretly, released on youtube giving everyone a chance to actually see the image flashes clearly. Each image had a bit of weird coloring, and it was figured out that by fiddling with the hue a secret word would appear corresponding with the military phonetic alphabet (Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, and Easy}. This let us know what order the numbers should be, which finally gave us the full and correct coordinates: 30.675689, -90.125742

Using these proper coordinates, a reddit user - MugensKeeper - bravely went out in search of something. At the GPS point, he found an empty bottle of Swamp Pop on top of a fresh pile of dirt, which appeared to be pointing in the direction of a near by partially filled hole and shovel {VIDEO}.

FUN FACT: The open land where the dead drop was found is next to a horse farm. This was possibly hinted at by Howard's saying "I KNOW LITTLE GIRLS PROBABLY CARE MORE ABOUT HORSEBACK RIDING THAN FOLLOWING THE NEWS." in the most recent PaFT message to Megan. If you email the farm to inquire if they know anything, they will respond:
Quote:
I don't know anything about the movie, but we did see a strange man digging on our property in the middle of the night a few nights ago and we shooed him off.
This would IG account for the hole not being fully filled in. Nice little touch by the PM team Smile

Inside said hole was a military ammo box, filled with survival gear, and a note
Quote:
LISTEN TO THESE AND YOU'LL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. IT'S ALMOST RIGHT ON TOP OF US. YOU'LL NEED A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN THIS KIT IF YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE.
GOOD LUCK TO US ALL, FRIEND.

The unboxing video revealed the following items:
ObFuSc8 wrote:

Here's what I noted down (in the order he pulled them out of the case):
    ē Gas mask
    ē Poncho
    ē Orange duct tape
    ē Angle head flashlight (with 4 colored lenses)
    ē Utility Cord
    ē Puzzle pieces (2 total - make up the eye of the Catfish puzzle missing in the movie)
    ē Hatchet
    ē Batteries
    ē Heating packs (not sure if these were for a stove)
    ē Canned emergency drinking water (2 cans)
    ē Matches (2 boxes)
    ē Emergency blanket
    ē Can opener
    ē Compass/whistle
    ē Glowsticks (2)
    ē Apple-Cinnamon bar
    ē MREs x 5
    ē USB -- Swiss Army knife
    ē USB - Bottle opener

The USB drives hold multiple copies of the same WAV file The transcript is as follows:
Quote:
Man: Houston, we're already circling the stage experiment, segment 724, downlink complete.

Woman: Copy ISS, cruise confirmed, download complete, proceed to mission parameter 474

Man: Confirmed, bringing AMOS interface online

Woman: Copy

Man: Uh, Houston be advised, AMOS data is outside expected perimeters. Uh, reinitializing access.

Woman: Copy

Man 1: Reinitialized access resulted in no change to anomalous data. Sending downlink.

Man 2: Downlink confirmed.

Woman: Received. CRONUS is analyzing.

Man 2: Looks like a localized burst of magnetic energy. It's not consistent with uh... anything I've seen before.

Woman: [something] this is CAPCOM

Man 3: Go ahead CAPCOM

Woman: We may have a [off-normal?] situation with AMOS 02.

Man 1: Have we heard from Space Com about any activity in the area?

Woman: Negative.

Man 2: The data stream is intact, so likely is not equipment failure

Man 1: Check with ESOC and (?). Find out if they're seeing the same thing we are.

Woman: ISS says it doesn't appear to be equipment failure.

Men: (?)

Man 1: Space Command, this is the flight director of Johnson. You guys testing anything we don't know about?

Men: OK, we are not.

Man 1: You guys are sure?

Men: Europe(?) is saying the same thing.

Man 1: Space Command says they don't have anything up there.

Man 4: We're seeing another burst in the signal. This one is bigger.

Man 5: It would have to be something really big to generate this type of magnetic field.

Woman: Can you get a visual AMOS

Man: Yeah, Renee's looking now... yeah CAPCOM, Renee thinks he saw something Ė

*[LOUD NOISE]*

Woman: ISS, what was that? ... ISS do you copy?

Man 1: Yeah, we copy Houston. There was a flash of red light that seemed to come from... uh... everywhere... and then it was gone.

Woman: Copy ISS. Everyone ok up there?

Man 1: Yeah, more or less Houston.

Man 6: Tell them to clear it out.

Woman: ISS, FLIGHT would like you to execute procedure 2380A and scrub this from the mission logs.

Man 6: Wipe the signal please. Notify ESOC and (?) regard.

Man 1: Confirmed
{Thanks goes to out to Dennis at Cloverfield Clues for the transcript}

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:51 am
Last edited by Pixiestix on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update: Saturday, Feb 20th

Howard has again updated his Life Preserving Information page.

Quote:
LIFE INSIDE A BUNKER IS GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE. ESPECIALLY SINCE WE MAY HAVE TO STAY DOWN THERE FOR A FEW YEARS. ITíS IMPORTANT TO BE PREPARED Ė NOT JUST WITH SUPPLIES AND GEAR, BUT WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT TO DO ONCE YOUíRE DOWN THERE. ITíS GOING TO BE A DIFFERENT KIND OF LIVING,WITH NO ROOM FOR MISTAKES.

I MADE SOMETHING TO HELP YOU GET READY. IT MAY JUST FEEL LIKE A LITTLE GAME, BUT IT CONTAINS A LOT OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO HELP YOU LEARN WHAT ITíLL TAKE TO SURVIVE.

HTTP://FUNANDPRETTYTHINGS.COM/SURVIVAL_SIM/LATEST

I HOPE YOU LEARN QUICKLY FROM IT.

LOVE,

DAD

As stated in his update, Howard has created a text based Survival Simulation game. There are leader boards. It is a very hard game. At this point, it will be easier to point you at the thread on UF about the game than try to dissect it here.

May the odds be ever in your favor...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:01 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update Friday, Feb 26th
AKA - Dooms Day

PREFACE - this update is mostly full of meta information, but it is necessary.
After days of playerbase using the survival sim game, some of us were starting to lose hope that it meant anything.
Howard updated the Life Preserving Information page with minor messages to Megan.
Quote:
RADIOGIRL, YOUíRE THERE! I CAN SEE THAT YOUíRE USING THE SIMULATOR. I WAS BEGINNING TO WORRY THAT YOU REALLY HADNíT SEEN ANY OF MY MESSAGES. BUT NOW THAT I KNOW YOUíRE LISTENING, IíM NOT GOING TO REST UNTIL I KNOW YOUíRE PREPARED.

I KNOW THAT YOUíRE SEEING SOME WEIRD RESULTS IN THE SIMULATOR. I MAY HAVE TO TAKE IT OFFLINE IF I CANíT FIX IT, BUT I HOPE IT DOESNíT COME TO THAT. THEREíS NO TIME TO WASTE, AND THE SIMULATOR IS GOING TO TEACH YOU SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT.

Howard left that after players revealed they were hacking the leader board.
Quote:
I CAN SEE YOUíRE STILL USING THE SIM, MEGAN, AND I KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER. IíVE GONE THROUGH AND MADE SOME CHANGES BASED ON MY LATEST FINDINGS. FOR INSTANCE, BEING ON YOUR OWN DOWN THERE WONíT BE SO EASY IN REALITY. SO NOW ITíS NOT SO EASY IN THE SIM EITHER. ITíS NOW A BETTER TEST OF YOUR PREPARATION APPROACH, AND SHOULD MAKE YOU THINK TWICE ABOUT TRYING TO GO IT ALONE. WEíRE LOOKING AT 2 YEARS AT MINIMUM. AND ITíLL PROBABLY EVEN LONGER.

ALONG THOSE LINES, A TIP Ė MORALE MAY SEEM TO BE LESS IMPORTANT THAN HARD SUPPLIES. BUT ITíS NOT. TRUST ME, I KNOW.

KEEP TRYING AND DONíT LET ME DOWN.

LOVE,

DAD
Between each message from Howard, there was a minor Sim Game update
Quote:
NOW YOUíRE LEARNING HOW HARD IT IS TO GET BY WITH JUST YOURSELF TO RELY ON. WHICH IS WHY I STILL WANT YOU TO COME DOWN HERE, SO WE CAN SURVIVE TOGETHER.

IíVE CHANGED THE SIM AGAIN. THIS TIME IíVE ADDED SOMETHING. YOUíLL HAVE MORE THAN JUST BASIC SUPPLIES DOWN THERE. YOUíLL ALSO HAVE A LIBRARY OF INFORMATION Ė BOOKS, GUIDES, AND RESOURCES ON HOW THINGS WORK. CHEMISTRY, ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION. AND WITH ALL THE TIME YOUíLL HAVE TO FILL, I REALIZED THAT THE SIM WASNíT GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO FIGURE OUT WAYS TO IMPROVE.

SO NOW, YOUíLL FIND A NEW JOB CALLED ďRESEARCHĒ THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO FIGURE OUT WAYS TO EXTEND YOUR SUPPLIES.

I KNOW YOUíRE SMART, RADIOGIRL. BEING SMART IS GOING TO BE A KEY TO SURVIVING.

LOVE,

DAD

And finally:
Quote:
MEGAN. IíM IMPRESSED. YOUíVE MANAGED TO MAKE IT LONGER THAN I HAVE. NOW I JUST HOPE YOU'LL FIND A WAY FOR US TO SURVIVE TO THE VERY END TOGETHER.

The survival sim game finally panned out into a trail marker: a player finally hit the high score we needed, and got a special message {See image attachment "Sim Trail" below}. This led to our second dead drop inside a locker. At this point, things get a bit confusing, as players on different social platforms seemed to be not sharing information for whatever reason, but user Hinoai has a good summary {minorly edited}.

hinoai wrote:
here's what information we got:

* Inside of the locker was a bag with the Eiffel tower on it. {See Image attachment "Paris Bag" below}
    * All that was in the bag was an old-black style flip phone, with a temporary call plan on it, and she is not going to answer the phone.
    * On the phone there were two numbers programmed into the address book: one for Megan (that phone) and one for her father.
    * Howard 'called' the phone at 2:37pm yesterday/Thursday. That's the only log in the missed call book.
    * Howard left a voice mail in her inbox (password 4813, of course!) that said:
    Quote:
    "MEGAN, AS PROMISED - A PHONE JUST FOR YOU AND ME TO TALK. KEEP IT HIDDEN SO YOUR MOTHER DOESN'T (RUIN?) THIS TOO. I PUT MY NUMBER INTO YOUR CONTACTS. CALL ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN. I NEED TO HEAR YOUR VOICE, AND I GOTTA GET YOU OUT OF CHICAGO BEFORE EVERYTHING HAPPENS. YOUR LIFE IS IN REAL DANGER, RADIOGIRL. BUT I PROMISE TO KEEP YOU SAFE. CALL ME PLEASE. LOVE, DAD."

{see MP3 attachment "Howard incoming VM 1" below}
    * She didn't give us the number yet for Dad. I'd personally like it, so that anyone can try calling. She called the number twice and left a voicemail along the lines of "Dad, it's me, Megan." She also texted. No answers or response yet.
    * She checked inside the battery case for a note and there was none. She checked for a sim card and there was none. She checked in all of the menus and there is nothing out of the ordinary anywhere.

Player confusion continued, as nothing seemed to be happening with the phone, Howard's phone number was given out, as well as Megan's. Players proceeded to call Megan's phone, and the owner announced she wouldn't be answering the phone. Players proceeded to call Howard's number, the VM box filled right up - the assumption is it was also a prepaid phone, not intended to be called by any number except Megan's cellphone. With the player base growing more and more frustrated, someone from another player website decided we were meant to hack into Howard's VM. Easily hacked into because the PM team had not changed the default settings, the VM box was full of player's messages, with addresses and phone numbers. Things grew more out of hand as some players claimed they were being harassed by other players who hacked in and got their numbers. Someone else decided it was time to stop the madness, and found a way to change the passcode and basically hold the VM box to themselves until the PM team could get control back.
sim trail.png
 Description   
 Filesize   28.54KB
 Viewed   177 Time(s)

sim trail.png

paris bag.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   29.43KB
 Viewed   1682 Time(s)

paris bag.jpg

Howard incoming VM 1.mp3
Description 
mp3

Download 
Filename  Howard incoming VM 1.mp3 
Filesize  274.73KB 
Downloaded  53 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:37 pm
Last edited by Pixiestix on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update Tuesday, March 1st

Howard has updated the main PaFT page
Quote:
DEAR MEGAN,

DID YOU FIND THE PHONE I LEFT FOR YOU? YOU HAVENíT CALLED. OR MAYBE YOU HAVE, AND THEíVE ALREADY BEGUN CUTTING THE NETWORKS. THAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THE RECENT CELL PHONE PROBLEMS. RIGHT BEFORE AN ATTACK, THEY ALWAYS TRY TO DISRUPT COMMUNICATIONS. BUT IíLL KEEP TRYING.

THERE ARE SOVIET SPYPLANES FLYING OVER THE U.S. WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT. WHY WOULD THEY BE SO BRAZEN UNLESS THEY WERE PREPARING FOR SOMETHING, GATHERING TROOP POSITIONS AND MESSING WITH CELL TOWERS?

WHEN I WAS AT SPAWAR, WE WERE ABLE TO SECRETLY ACCESS THE TRANSMISSIONS OF ONE OF THE SOVIETíS MOST IMPORTANT SPY SATELLITES. SO DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DID? THEY SHOT IT DOWN. THEY DESTORYED THEIR OWN SATELLITE, TO KEEP THEIR INTEL OUT OF OUR HANDS.

THEY DID IT AGAIN IN 2013. AND THEN AGAIN JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO. THEYíRE TRYING TO HIDE THE ATTACK.

THEREíS STILL TIME FOR YOU TO MAKE IT DOWN TO ME, BEFORE THEY UNLEASH WHATEVER THEYíVE GOT PLANNED. BUT YOU MUST LEAVE RIGHT AWAY. I KNOW I TOLD YOU NOT TO TAKE A PLANE BEFORE, BUT MAYBE ITíS WORTH THE RISK. THERE REALLY WONíT BE ANYWHERE ABOVE GROUND THAT WILL BE SAFE. SAY THE WORD AND IíLL HAVE A PLANE TICKET WAITING FOR YOU.

LOVE,

DAD

The 2013 event Howard mentions is a reference to the Russian Meteor shower, of which there are a number of conspiracy theories {SUCH AS: http://www.infowars.com/russia-shot-down-the-meteor-theory-spreads-online/}

Common belief at UF right now is that the PM team is telling us that the phone is a dead lead now, if it ever was meant to lead somewhere before.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:46 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update: Tuesday March 1st

New Tag emails came in, this time with a march Employee of the month. Sure enough, we have a new EotM page.

Who took Howard's place? A Russian from the US Navy.
Quote:
Bold Futura
Nikolai Roza -
Liaison Officer

After a decade in the US Navy, Nikolai joined Bold Futura three years ago to serve as Liaison Officer to the companyís key governmental and military clients. This month, Nikolai worked on a special project that weíve been told has more than earned him Employee of the Month honors.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:46 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update Friday March 4th

Howard has updated FaPT with a new message to Megan:
Quote:
DEAR MEGAN,

YOUR MOTHER HAS TAKEN SO MUCH AWAY FROM ME, NOW I FIND OUT SHEíS SELLING FAMILY HEIRLOOMS? THAT SILVERWARE WAS A GIFT TO MY FATHER FROM WHEN HE WAS STATIONED IN ENGLAND AFTER THE WAR. HE GAVE IT TO ME WHEN I MARRIED YOUR MOTHER. THE ONLY REASON I LET HER TAKE IT WAS BECAUSE IT WAS MEANT TO GO TO YOU. NOT TO BE SOLD TO A RANDOM STRANGER.

$500 IS A JOKE. SHE KNOWS IT'S WORTH WAY MORE TO ME FOR YOU TO HAVE IT, SHE'S JUST TRYING TO HURT ME.

YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE. WHEN AREY OU LEAVING?

LOVE,

DAD

User Melodyman found THIS LISTING on Craigslist, which says
Quote:
I have an antique set of sterling silverware to sell. They're all in excellent condition. I don't know the exact age, but it's a service for 6, with a total of 60 pieces. It comes in a nice wood box with red velvet lining and was made by the National Silver Company from Sheffield, England.

$500 obo
it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
The image included with the listing has a kid's school notebook with "Megan" written in the name area {See image attachment "Silverware" below}.
silverware.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   31.4KB
 Viewed   95 Time(s)

silverware.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:29 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update Saturday March 5th

The Mother began responding to inquiries to her Craigslist posting. These are not form responses, and at times there has been a back and forth conversation between her and some users. More often than not The Mother responded with some form of "Did Howard put you up to this?"

User Hinoai claimed to be Howard's girlfriend, and The Mother responded that she thought the user was lying. Many users are mentioning Megan, which seems to set The Mother off. User v37 {with some suggestions from other players} laid out everything that has been happening with Howard {while continuing to keep up TINAG}, in an attempt to "help" The Mother, and has received the most correspondence so far. Many users are mentioning Megan, which seems to set The Mother off.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:45 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

v37 conversation

An example of the ongoing correspondence with The Mother:

March 5th at 9:11AM, v37 wrote:

Hello,

Howard built Megan an underground shelter in the empty lot behind her grandmothers. Just wanted you to know. I think you should try to get there as something is coming....

V37

March 5th at 3:16PM, The Mother wrote:
How do you know about Megan's grandmother? Who are you and why are you telling me this?

March 5th at 3:50PM, v37 wrote:
I stumbled upon website that Howard set up as a way to get in touch with Megan, www.funandprettythings.com/chat . That is how I found out about your family including your daughter and her grandmother. Look at the site.
Howard left details about the bunker he made for Megan here - www.funandprettythings.com/lifepreservinginformation
At first I thought he was crazy, but he left a lot of convincing evidence that something bad is about to happen. I think it would be in your best to follow his advice. Maybe even to reply to the chat as if you were Megan and see what he tells you. Don't tell him about me and don't reveal who you are.

Stay safe,
v37

March 5th at 7:06PM, The Mother wrote:

You're right, this does sound strange. Is this one of those fishing scams they warn you about on the internet? I don't want to click on some weird links and get hacked. My family's been through enough already with someone who has manipulated me to no end.

Although what you say does sound an awful lot like Howard. I want to believe that you're trying to be helpful, but how can I trust you? Do you have anything to prove what you're saying is true?

March 5th at 8:17PM, v37 wrote:

I completely understand your concern and suspicion. The best proof I can give you that this is no scam would be in Howards own word referring to the shelter he had built near you for Megan - "DO YOU REMEMEBER YOUR GRANDMAíS OLD HOUSE NEAR THE HIGHWAY? ITíS IN THE EMPTY LOT RIGHT BEHIND THERE." It would be prudent of you to go check it out and see that the rest of what I say is true.
Further evidence:
- According to Howard Megan's favorite ice cream is / was MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP.
- Howard built you all a little bomb shelter because of the Y2K scare and you complained about it.
- Howard worked with "VERY SECRET AND HIGHLY CLASSIFIED SPY SATELLITES" including a "MISSION CALLED SEASAT."
- The Silver flatware set you are selling was a gift to Howard's father "FROM WHEN HE WAS STATIONED IN ENGLAND AFTER THE WAR." He gave it to Howard when you both were married and it was meant to go to Megan.

Please check out the shelter, see that I am for real and that something is up. Contact Howard using the chat on the www.funandprettythings.com website if you have more questions, though you will need to know what Howard got Megan as a secret gift on her 13th birthday. I haven't been able to figure that out yet. I have only been trying because I have questions of my own. Maybe we can work together to get to the bottom of this and see if there really is anything that we should all be worried about.

Please let me know if you require any more proof or if you have any other questions. Be safe and get back to me soon, I fear our time to figure this out is quickly running out.

v37

March 5th at 8:34PM, v37 wrote:

One more piece of proof, a link to a voicemail from Howard to Megan that was recovered from a phone Howard had left for Megan to find - http://vocaroo.com/i/s1f7XQl5Uqeo
I can give you the full details of how I ended up with it if you want but I can assure you Megan never heard it. Is Megan alright?

v37

March 5 at 11:35PM, The Mother wrote:

Omg God that's really his voice. I have to think.

March 6 at 3:54AM, v37 wrote:

Take your time, I'm truly sorry to be the one to reveal this to you. When you are ready, let me know how you would like to proceed and whether or not you would be willing to answer a few questions that I have; Is Megan ok? What happened to Howard that led to his becoming so unhinged? Do you know the secret gift Howard got for Megan? (If not there may be a clue in her journal)

v37

March 6 at 12:26PM, The Mother wrote:

Danny,

I've been up most of the night, thinking about what you told me.

This is not the first time Howard has convinced others to do his dirty work of harassing my family. And many of these people filling up my email seem to have caught some of his mania. They keep badgering me with personal and private questions about his crazy conspiracies, without stopping to consider how painful this whole thing is for me, how terrifying it is just to hear his name.

You seem like you're different. Like you care about the truth, and about keeping people safe from him.

So I've decided to trust you. Please don't make me regret it by trying to play Howard's games with me.

I think I'm ready to see more. Where is this website you are talking about?

Denise

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE'VE SEEN THE MOTHER'S NAME!!!

March 6 at 1:22PM, v37 wrote:

Hello Denise,

Thank you for sharing your name, I should have given mine to you sooner to show you could trust me but I see that you have divined it from my email address. I had been going with an alias to protect myself but I am glad that we are past that.

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving harassing emails, I have no idea who could be sending them or why. I do care about the truth and am deeply concerned that something is about to happen that no one is prepared for.

No games. If things are really as bad as Howard has made them seem than the last thing we have time for right now is to play games.

Here are links to Howard's websites:

1 - http://funandprettythings.com/

Click on the image from Pretty in Pink and type "Do you want to talk?" as the passphrase. Howard goes by the name RADIOMAN70 here and refers to Megan as RADIOGIRL. At the bottom of the page is a Chat box. When you click on it it will ask "Is this Megan?" Clicking "YES" prompts the security question "What was the secret gift I gave you on your 13th birthday?" As I mentioned earlier I was never able to figure this out and I assumed you wouldn't know otherwise it wouldn't be a secret. When I saw Megan's journal in the Craigslist photo that you posted it gave me hope as that might be a great place to look for it. I am not sure what can be accomplished by talking to Howard but maybe we could get some answers as to what has him so scared. I understand that you would be reluctant to communicate with him as it seems that he has left some serious scars in your life. If you are able to uncover what the secret gift was, and feel comfortable sharing that information with me, I would be willing to open up communications with him under the guise of Megan and keep you in the loop each step of the way. I can even just ask the questions you pose, acting as a sort of intermediary.

2 - http://funandprettythings.com/lifepreservinginformation/

This is a sub-site within funandprettythings that Howard set up to help prepare Megan for whatever it is that is about to happen.

Thank you again for reaching back out to me, please let me know as soon as you are able what you would like me to do next.

Sincerely,

Danny (v37)

PS - This is not really connected to anything but it seems that Howard uses the image of the Eiffel Tower a lot. Does that mean anything to you? Probably not important but it has been bugging me.

March 6 at 3:41PM, The Mother wrote:

Hold on, slow down a bit please. I'm not really a computer person. I've gone to the website, but I don't understand what to do next.

March 6 at 3:58PM, v37 wrote:

No problem! Sorry about dumping so much info. If you are on http://funandprettythings.com/ you will notice only one of the images will react if clicked on. Counting from left to right it should be the 6th image. It is a scene from Pretty in Pink of Molly Rinwald's character sitting at a computer. Once you click on that picture enter the pass phrase - Do you want to talk? (including the question mark). Once you do that you will be able to catch up on everything that Howard has been trying to tell Megan. Let me know when you have gone through it and if you need more direction.

Danny (v37)

March 6 at 4:22PM, v37 wrote:

Denise,

I also meant to tell you that I will be unable to access my email for the next 2 hrs so don't worry if you don't get a reply back from me right away. Talk to you soon.

Danny

March 6 at 5:12PM, The Mother wrote:

Thank you for letting me know Danny. I found the right photo and typed in what you told me. And I found a message from Howard about the silverware. I can't believe he's still trying to blame me for doing something to hurt him. It made me so mad that I had to stop reading. I took a walk around the block to try to calm down.

Is this how you found me through Craigslist? Is there more than just this one message?

Denise

March 6 at 6:10PM, v37 wrote:

Denise,

Ok, I have signal back. Once again let me emphasize how sorry I am to be bringing up old wounds. I would never have reached out to you if things didn't seem so potentially dire. After what happened in New York in 2008 I have learned to pay more attention to what is going on.

It was his referencing your selling the silverware that led to me finding you. I knew it was a risk to reach out the way I did but it looks to have paid off.

What you are seeing is only his most recent message. I should have said to make sure you scroll all the way to the top to get all the messages to your daughter.

Brace yourself as he says many potentially hurtful things concerning you keeping Megan and him apart. Once you have had a chance to look at it all please contact me again.

Danny (v37)

March 7 at 7:17AM, The Mother wrote:

I was up all night reading and re-reading everything he wrote. All of it--the ranting and the raving about how evil I am, the page where he shows off how to steal a car. The constant questions to Megan, as if she would or could reply. The simulation "game." I'm very familiar with the kids of games Howard likes to play. He used to wake us up in the middle of the night to do emergency preparedness drills.

Howard was always worried about emergencies. I used to think it was just how he'd learned to see the world from when he was in the Navy. But things got so much worse when he started working at Bold Futura. He used to come home at night and sit through dinner without saying a word. He became obsessed with building his fallout shelter, putting all our money into it. I didn't even think he'd mind too much when we left. That way he could keep building his bunker without anybody to get in his way. But reading everything you've shown me on this site. I can see that it's just made him more obsessed.

This is not the first time he's done this. Every few years there's some new danger that's going to kill us all. But the disaster never happens. And then he just finds something else to obsess about. During one of his panics, he made us hide in the cellar. Megan must have been about 11, and she wouldn't stop asking him why we were hiding. So he put his hand over her mouth to keep her quiet, and kept it there so long that she couldn't breathe. That was the moment I knew that I needed to get us away from him. Maybe if I'd realized it sooner, things wouldn't have turned out so badly.

Danny, thank you so much for showing me this. Please don't take this the wrong way, but don't contact me again. I have to figure out what I"m going to do about this, and how to best take care of myself.

Thank you and keep safe,
Denise Paulson

March 7 at 8:20AM, v37 wrote:

Hello Denise Paulson,

I just got to work and saw your email. I know you said not to contact you again but I wanted to say goodbye. Things weren't great with my Dad for my mom and me when I was growing up but it was nowhere near as bad as the situation you described. I have no idea what happened in the end between the three of you but it sounds like it must have been awful. Please be careful whatever you decide and know that you can reach out in the future if you ever need to.

Respectfully,

Danny (v37)

And with that, her "Final" email to v37, we learned that her full name is Denise Paulson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:05 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

FaPT has updated, only this time it is a chat message from The Mother/Denise

Quote:
IíVE taken so much away from YOU?! Youíre delusional, Howard! Youíre sick. This whole thing is just sad and disgusting. Itís a morbid fantasy of a complete lunatic. AND itís a violation of your restraining order, I already called the police!!!

And no, no ďSoviets" helped me get into your little secret hiding place here. Did you really think I wouldnít remember when you gave Megan your fatherís medal, then blew up at her because she accidentally misplaced it? Megan was so terrified, it took months for me to get her to tell me what happened.

At least this time, somebody you tried to dupe with your conspiracy theories saw through the lies and showed me to what youíve been up to here. There ARE some decent, caring people left in the world. Iím not going to tell you who, because youíd probably try to hurt him for crossing you. And youíve hurt enough people already.

Howard, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Ė You can blame me for whatever you want. Just leave me alone. Move on. Your paranoia cost us our family, how much more will you let it take from you? From me? You need help. Serious, professional, medical help. Youíre not well.

Deep down you have to know youíll never see Megan again. So Iím begging you, for the last time, forget about us. Iím so tired of being afraid of you. Nothing for years, and then you pop up like this, and itís like youíre taking away everything that Iíve worked so hard to rebuild.

Whatever crimes you imagine Iíve committed, I have more than paid for them. Please let me move on. And get help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:18 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update Wednesday March 9th

What a TWIST! Game's not over folks! FaPT updated, and this time by someone calling themselves "NR"

NR wrote:
My friend, please forgive my intrusion on this personal site. But time is of the essence and I needed somewhere away from prying eyes and ears.

Throughout the years we have danced along a fine line between enemies and friends. But I have always respected you as a colleague and taken you seriously. Even though they have tried to silence us both, the dance always continues.

You know the steps. my_audio_file.mp3

NR

Who's NR? Probably Nikolai Roza - the Russian who took Howard's place as EotM for Bold Futura {see image attachment "NR EotM" below}.

The file NR left on the FaPT website {see MP3 attachment "T_03072016_6SW" below} starts as just music, and then a series of sounds over the music which are Slow Scan Television signals. Hidden in the file was an image {see image attachments "2016-03-10_01.28.25"and "201603100642" below} which appears to be of something {someone?} floating above the Earth.

There has also been an update to the FaPT Life Preserving Information page:
Howard wrote:
MEGAN, MAYBE I HAVE BEEN WRONG ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS. BUT NO MATTER WHAT DENISE SAYS, IíM NOT WRONG ABOUT WHATíS GOING TO HAPPEN. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN DECIPHER WHAT N SENT. IF YOU CAN YOUíLL SEE. IíM NOT WRONG ABOUT THIS.

I DONíT KNOW, MAYBE I SHOULDNíT GO DOWN INTO THE BUNKER WHEN THE ATTACK COMES. MAYBE I SHOULD JUST LET IT HAPPEN? IF I CANíT KEEP YOU SAFE, THEN WHATíS THE POINT OF IT ALL ANYWAY?

I HOPE YOU CAN FORGIVE ME. I KNOW THAT MAYBE I WASNíT ALWAYS THE BEST FATHER AND HUSBAND I COULD HAVE BEEN. I MADE MISTAKES. I HURT PEOPLE THAT I DIDNíT INTEND TO HURT. BUT EVERYTHING I DID WAS FOR YOU. TO KEEP YOU SAFE. TO KEEP YOU CLOSE. I DID THE BEST I KNEW HOW TO DO. I HOPE THAT IT WAS ENOUGH. IíLL NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN YOU. IíLL NEVER STOP BELIEVING THAT ONE DAY YOUíLL COME BACK TO ME.

YOU MAY NEVER SEE THIS. YOU MAY NEVER HAVE SEEN ANY OF IT. BUT IF THEREíS ANY CHANCE YOUíRE READING THIS, PLEASE ANSWER ME. I NEED TO HEAR YOUR VOICE, EVEN IF ITíS ONLY ONCE. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR PHONE.

IíLL NEVER LET YOU GO, RADIOGIRL.

LOVE,

DAD

Reddit user Helveticatt who was the person to get the phone dead drop says she missed a call from Howard tonight, but there was no VM. We are all hoping he calls again.
T_03072016_6SW.mp3
Description 
mp3

Download 
Filename  T_03072016_6SW.mp3 
Filesize  4.18MB 
Downloaded  50 Time(s) 
2016-03-10_01.28.25.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   43.16KB
 Viewed   1132 Time(s)

2016-03-10_01.28.25.jpg

201603100642.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   14.52KB
 Viewed   1114 Time(s)

201603100642.jpg

NR EotM.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   32.66KB
 Viewed   65 Time(s)

NR EotM.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:33 pm
Last edited by Pixiestix on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Update Thursday March 10th

Howard, apparently desperate, has texted Megan's cell phone
Howard wrote:
I don't care who you are, but if you are with my daughter, clear your voicemail so I can give you a message to her.

Howard has been apparently unable to leave a VM on Megan's phone, although the current owner says the only message still in the VM box was the original one left by Howard, and in a totally horrible bit of shame, she has deleted that message in an effort to get the new VM to come through.

Howard's outgoing message for his own VM box has also changed [{see mp3 attachment "Howard Outgoing 2" below} , and now says
Quote:
This phone belongs to my daughter. I donít know how you got it. I guess it doesn't matter much anyways. Itís happening, and I wish everyone had just listened to me. I could have helped you all if you'd just listened.

Howard Outgoing 2.mp3
Description 
mp3

Download 
Filename  Howard Outgoing 2.mp3 
Filesize  1.3MB 
Downloaded  54 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:46 pm
Last edited by Pixiestix on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Hours later...

Howard finally got through to Megan's VM box, and left a message {see MP3 attachment "howard incoming VM 2" below} which says
Howard wrote:

It's my fault, I see that now.
Now it's too late for you to leave Chicago.
I was never going to see you again.
You were my little girl, and it was my job to protect you. I failed.
I'm going to make it up to you, I know how to make it right, I promise.

howard incoming VM 2.mp3
Description 
mp3

Download 
Filename  howard incoming VM 2.mp3 
Filesize  1.3MB 
Downloaded  61 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:08 am
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: