Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:45 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
[LOCKED] Swamp Pop - You Can't Drink Just Four
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
VirtuallyQuinn
Veteran

Swamp Pop - You Can't Drink Just Four

I shit you not!

Came from Reddit - fire up the new Cloverfield sequel thread and dust it off. ARG is in progress!

Here's the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfieldlane/comments/41bm7l/swamp_pop_15_year_shelter_supply_for_thousands_of/

Pg 14-15 on the 10 Cloverfield Lane archive thread - I posted about the Swamp Pop. They have a 15 year shelter supply of Swamp Pop that sells for $4, 813 bucks (sold out though)...their tag line reads:

This is a 15 year ration of assorted flavors, specially packaged for extended periods of dry storage—for when there doesn't seem to be anyone around. Available by special request only.

4813 on the jukebox goes into I think we're alone now...there *doesn't seem to be anyone around...*

And on their buy online page is the quote: You Can't Drink Just Four!!

Happy? Let's rock!
Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 08.00 PM.PNG
 Description   
 Filesize   357.87KB
 Viewed   74 Time(s)

Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 08.00 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 08.06 PM.PNG
 Description   
 Filesize   12.16KB
 Viewed   63 Time(s)

Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 08.06 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 08.26 PM.PNG
 Description   
 Filesize   17.21KB
 Viewed   54 Time(s)

Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 08.26 PM.PNG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:30 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
VirtuallyQuinn
Veteran

Valencia Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/vWOVkzxQ2K/

Got to add this one...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:33 pm
ryanj64
Decorated

I do want to reiterate that this is a REAL company. I just went to World Market and Bought some, I think this may just be the company trolling us. Maybe try destegging the image, but i dont think this is IG Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:40 pm
Last edited by ryanj64 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Nest
Greenhorn

ryanj64 wrote:
I do want to reiterate that this is a REAL company. I just went to World Market and Bought some, I think this may just be the company trolling us. Maybe try destegging the image, but i dont thing this is IG Sad

The thing that I find a little fishy is why would they put this random drink from Louisiana that not many people have heard of into the movie and make it so obvious if it means nothing. It's just weird to have when things like Pepsi and what not are readily available.

But then again would JJ really use another beverage for his ARG? Just seems a little half assed for his taste lol.

This company probably is messing with us and there probably is no ARG... but again, it's just weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:59 pm
VirtuallyQuinn
Veteran

ryanj64 wrote:
I do want to reiterate that this is a REAL company. I just went to World Market and Bought some, I think this may just be the company trolling us. Maybe try destegging the image, but i dont thing this is IG Sad

We know it's a real company. Their product is in the trailer. Their shopify is 2016 - this month. Right alongside the trailer coming out. It IS IG...open your eyes...look at the clues.

This company did not hijack 10CL like Ethan Haas. They were *already involved* a year ago with their product being in the movie and trailer. So why is their shop just now online?

IN GAME.

ETA: LOLOL - It came from Reddit...which is now overloaded. I told ya the internet would turn inside out! Heh.

But you can be in denial all ya want, up to you. Laughing
Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 09.38 PM.PNG
 Description   
 Filesize   348.16KB
 Viewed   60 Time(s)

Screen Shot 01-16-16 at 09.38 PM.PNG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:36 am
ryanj64
Decorated

VirtuallyQuinn wrote:
ryanj64 wrote:

We know it's a real company. Their product is in the trailer. Their shopify is 2016 - this month. Right alongside the trailer coming out. It IS IG...open your eyes...look at the clues.

This company did not hijack 10CL like Ethan Haas. They were *already involved* a year ago with their product being in the movie and trailer. So why is their shop just now online?

IN GAME.

ETA: LOLOL - It came from Reddit...which is now overloaded. I told ya the internet would turn inside out! Heh.

But you can be in denial all ya want, up to you. Laughing

You got it man, I will play the IG until proven OOG card with you.

I think I am airing on the side of caution now. I actually went and got some yesterday when i was sure it was IG. I actually saw that the Shop was up in 2016 but in looking at the company history and seeing that they have been around for a long while, i figured they were playing at a cash grab with the permission of BR.

Either way, lets play the justice system and consider it IG until proven Out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:42 am
VirtuallyQuinn
Veteran

Swamp Pop Unplugged

This is a presentation regarding Swamp Pop and its website changes. I redirect you to my site since there are a lot of screen caps I can't add here.

http://www.virtuallyquinn.com/the-history-of-swamp-pop-spoiler/

~tldr:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Swamp Pop is in game and changed their site to reflect the shelter supplies/slusho connection/trailer lyric/price in November 2015 - coinciding with the purchase of 10cloverfieldlane.com domain and the Cloverfield movie facebook page sharing the Paramount facebook page photo of the original Cloverfield gang with the caption People are going to want to know - dated Nov 17 2015...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:26 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

You rock!
I am actually not a big fan of product placement, but this case is amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:23 am
Mossburger
Kilroy

Re: Swamp Pop Unplugged

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:24 am
Last edited by Mossburger on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
AnnaWhitlow

Hi all!

My name is Anna Whitlow, I'm the PR Manager for Swamp Pop here in Louisiana. Due to a high volume of traffic on our store and through our official contact lines, I've been asked to make a statement in regards to our partnership with Paramount and 10 Cloverfield Lane.

We are very honored and excited to be a part of such an exciting movie event, a partnership that started with principal photography in October 2014 when we were approached by the team at Paramount Insurge. As many of you are aware, our line of Swamp Pop soda is featured in the film.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[edit - this is a bogus account created by another user, not cannon, not a code associated with Cloverfield, and not from Louisiana IP. solve if you want, won't mean anything. kona]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:38 am
sp103
Unfettered

Alright we have a code-I'm not great at cracking those so someone good with ciphers please get on this!
And we see 4813 again.. Hmmm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 am
Distraction
Entrenched

sp103 wrote:
Alright we have a code-I'm not great at cracking those so someone good with ciphers please get on this!
And we see 4813 again.. Hmmm

Simple number for letter substitution doesn't work. Lots of e and o...nothing that makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:46 am
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

AnnaWhitlow wrote:
Hi all!

My name is Anna Whitlow, I'm the PR Manager for Swamp Pop here in Louisiana.

You are not allowed 2 accounts, Mossburger. Your fake account has been removed.
If there are any more shenanigans then your account will be removed and your IP blocked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:46 am
Cloverfieldnews
Boot

^ this guy beat me to it, but I just came in to tell you all that i spoke with the real Anna Whitlow this morning and she informed me that she did not make the above post and she didn't really have any information on any sort of official tie in between 10 Cloverfield Lane and Swamp Pop other than the product being featured in the flick... sorry guys. (obviously she could just be withholding information for now though, i guess we'll see)

http://www.cloverfieldnews.com/2016/01/17/swamp-pop-what-we-know/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:52 am
VirtuallyQuinn
Veteran

Cloverfieldnews wrote:
^ this guy beat me to it, but I just came in to tell you all that i spoke with the real Anna Whitlow this morning and she informed me that she did not make the above post and she didn't really have any information on any sort of official tie in between 10 Cloverfield Lane and Swamp Pop other than the product being featured in the flick... sorry guys. (obviously she could just be withholding information for now though, i guess we'll see)

http://www.cloverfieldnews.com/2016/01/17/swamp-pop-what-we-know/

All right, let's decapitate that for just one second. If you spoke to an actual person connected with Swamp Pop - in a meta sense and they can't confirm or deny, you KNOW what that means. It means the same thing it means when a politician plays that card! Very Happy

It means they can't spoil the IG connection (and more may come, who knows). They acknowledge their product placement only...but a legitimate company OOG would be able to say yes or no or that yeah they added the faux shelter package as a nod to Cloverfans and put it to rest.

That they aren't doing should settle it their product placement ON THE SITE is IG. So let's pull the curtain shut and carry on wih our easter egg hunt.

I spoilered it only to show that it was IG and not just a company cashing in. I wasn't pushing beyond that and it doesn't need to be. Consider my posts/presentation on it to be a matter of meta and outside the scope of the trail. Now that it's hopefully settled we don't have to break the 4th wall, we can enjoy whatever path Swamp Pop ultimately provides - whether that was it - the clue that the game is afoot - or if they have some kind of trail for us to follow upon special requesting details on the supplies, or other sales.

I'm totally cool there Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:37 pm
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
Jump to: