Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:37 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[LOCKED] 10 Cloverfield Lane
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 140, 141, 142  Next
NYC5
Unfettered

It's good to be back!

Can't believe I'm back! Couldn't be happier!

If I had to take a stab at this. I'm assuming they are showing us what they want us to see. Only the first half of the story. We see the characters happy together in a bunker, once someone decides to leave things fall apart. We see up until she looks out the window (which will most likely be our first look at the aftermath of 1-18-08.) What about the end of the story? What about her escape or their survival. This MUST involve the outside forces (ie monsters).

This movie won't forget it's roots. I have faith that they will bring it all back around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:47 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ryanj64
Decorated

A few things..

The audio at the end of the trailer might be worth looking into.
Lots of signs on the walls. Dinner chocolate: 1 take it 2 leave it
The guys hat.. what does it say? Does it lead anywhere? I can't read it but best guess is Past Marion or Past Marlon.

Cat fish puzzle from white mountain puzzles
Can't help but think of someone being catfished haha
Cannibal airlines the movie he's holding

Must find trail..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:10 pm
CloverfieldVet
Boot

Well, I lost my old account info but as soon as I saw the trailer made a new Unifiction account. Guys! It's been awhile! How genius for JJ to do Cloverfield 2 right after Star Wars. Take about surprised! MGP is coming back!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:22 pm
NYC5
Unfettered

Nothing really behind the Dinner Choices sign. Seems to be a thing... (http://www.amazon.com/Dinner-Choices-Take-Leave-Shabby/dp/B005CNBTHI)

Here's the puzzle (https://www.seriouspuzzles.com/catfish-550pc-jigsaw-puzzle-by-white-mountain.html)

Also, I picked up 4 images throughout the trailer of the Eiffel Tower in Paris...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:35 pm
ryanj64
Decorated

Via reddit.. Swamp pop.. look for the 10 Cloverfield lane subreddit.. looks like it could be the new slusho/rocketpop?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:49 pm
NYC5
Unfettered

I don't think so (http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/grubcity/2015/04/21/seasonal-ponchatoula-pop-rouge-swamp-pop-back-shelves/26136959/)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm
one18oh_ate
Greenhorn

lousiana? could it take place there?

also what does goodman say while hes screaming? i cant understand the last thing he screams "they're going...."??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:56 pm
HugeLion
Kilroy

one18oh_ate wrote:

also what does goodman say while hes screaming? i cant understand the last thing he screams "they're going...."??

Could be, they began principal photography in New Orleans back in 2014.

And Goodman is saying "You're going to get us all killed."

SecondElection wrote:
Check out thecellarmovie.com. The Cellar was also one of the working titles along with Valencia.

co2 is the password

The poster has the same green sky as the poster for the first film, heh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:05 pm
LetsGoRangers
Veteran

one18oh_ate wrote:

Almost positive he says "they're/you're going to get all of us killed" sounds more like "they're" but would make more sense if he says "you're" since she's the one escaping

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:08 pm
InAFieldofClover
Unfettered

Here's a good analysis from http://www.horroroftruant.com

Quote:
The Internet is abuzz today with the news of JJ Abrams’ new film 10 Cloverfield Lane, which, on the surface, appears to be a sequel to his 2008 monster movie Cloverfield. However, in a statement given to Collider, Abrams says “The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”

Here’s how I interpret the trailer and Abrams’ statement.

The trailer revolves around a trio locked in an underground bunker. The two younger characters, played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Gallagher Jr., appear to be held captive by John Goodman’s character. Goodman warns Winstead not go outside because she’ll get them all killed, and Winstead cups her mouth in horror after looking through bunker door and seeing exactly what is waiting to get in. The familiar Cloverfield title appears for several seconds before the full title slowly fades in.

My first impression was that the film takes place some time after the original Cloverfield, which ended in nuclear explosives being dropped on Manhattan in an effort to kill the monster. In another statement (given before the project was revealed to be tied to Cloverfield), Winstead said “[Goodman] tells me that basically the world is over outside because there’s been a nuclear fall-out.” This leads me to believe that, yes, the new film exists in the same universe as the original film… but what else?

And with JJ Abrams, there’s always a “what else?”

His statement that the film is a “blood relative” of the original leads me to believe that this story either follows the aftermath of the original film or that Clover surfaced in another part of the country (one of the code names for the film was Valencia) and launched a second attack. Or – and I believe this to be the more likely candidate – another monster from the same bloodline as Clover launched the attack that now has the trio locked in an underground bunker. Remember that JJ Abrams stated that the idea to tie this film to Cloverfield came after it was already in production – it was not initially conceived as a direct sequel or spin-off.

If I had to venture a guess as to what the film will be like, I’d say that whatever’s outside of the bunker is going to play second fiddle to the human drama going on inside of it. The film’s budget is $5 million, which is $10 million less than the original. Of course, you can make a great film for $5 million, but you’d be hard-pressed to make one where a monster the size of a skyscraper rips apart an entire city. I do believe that it will feature a monster at the center of the story (something sizable is obviously stomping around above them), but I’m not expecting to see much of it.

I think he's probably right about all of that.

Also, good to be back!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:21 pm
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Kosmopol here!
I like that the movie seems to be "bloody relative" to Cloverfield as in http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-mysterious-new-trailer-makes-you-think-its-cloverfiel-1753102291 mentioned.

I also love "I Think We're Alone Now" as Soundtrack.

I also wonder, if the number 483 have some meaning here.

Anyway, let's continue! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:38 pm
Cloverfieldnews
Boot

Yes! Can't wait to get back into this... my site has been dormant for years just waiting haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:39 pm
AntaresMHD
Veteran

Wow, I can't believe my login details still work after so long. Hi everyone! Cloverfield brought me here many years ago, and like others, I'm sure many others have too. This whole thing brings back memories.

The aftermath theory sounds correct to me and it's what I thought it could be. However it's also plausible that somehow, this led to the naming of the event as "Cloverfield", because it happened on that street. Remember the movie begins with that title, as if we're watching some classified documents, but nowhere in the actual movie the name is mentioned, this might be the cause.
Overall I think there's plenty to be pieced together from the trailer, because at first I assumed it could be just a fallout bunker, but that place looks very big and seems more like a military facility with a living space, and the fact John Goodman has a tank of liquid nitrogen in it does make me suspicious. The fact that MEW's character has an iPhone sort of disproves the "pseudo-prequel" idea that could led to Cloverfield, but you never know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:40 pm
HOTMILFDAD
Kilroy

The guy who originally uploaded the handheld "leak" of the trailer last night has this video on his account. All of this other videos are down or have been removed.

If we look at his second channel, we see that he has a video where he goes from Brooklyn, NYC to Austin, TX and during the trip, he stops at an abandoned bunker!!

Video here: https://youtu.be/eN7uRqnwIY4?t=1m45s

What's also worth mentioning is that his production quality is high but the views on his videos aren't that much.

Also, good to be back! I used to frequent these forum every day after school during the ARG of the original Cloverfield and my time spent on these forums and sites like YouTube or 1-18-08.com was amazing. Let's start this!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:41 pm
lcisneiros
Greenhorn

IMDB Budget has now changed to 100 million, don't know how long it's been like that.

It's also an IMAX release, I dont know about second fiddle..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:42 pm
Page 3 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 140, 141, 142  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: