Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[LOCKED] 10 Cloverfield Lane
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 141 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
danteIL
Unfictologist

Wow apparently I missed some excitement around here.

Looking forward to filling this new forum with lots of good insight and clues.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:37 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
v37
Decorated

Quote:
kosmopol - Imbri and Pixie,
you are our heroes!

I second that! Thank you both Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:40 am
GENERALE CARMINE
Boot

is it possible that a satellite is in those coordinates to 8pm? (from http://funandprettythings.com/lifepreservinginformation/ : THERE’S A TRAIN EVERY DAY AT 8PM THAT WILL GET YOU TO NEW ORLEANS THE NEXT AFTERNOON)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:56 am
gimlet
Unfettered

v37 wrote:
Quote:
kosmopol - Imbri and Pixie,
you are our heroes!

I second that! Thank you both Very Happy

Yes! Thanks muchly guys!

I'm not sure about the satellite thing.

Oh the one hand we were specifically given that satelite tracker and satellites were a thing in the old arg as well as the thing that Howard works on now.

On the other hand there's absolutely going to be satellites that cross over that coordinates (its like needles in a haystack that close to the equator) and there's zero we can do about it. Like we're back to nowhere.

A dead drop at least means some action on our part.

Looking up the general area of our coordinates finds many IRL connections to Satelite companies and Aerospace related things.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalstar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Stennis_Space_Center

Hey, another crazy thought: is there some thing that could be done if we added in a second set of coordinates? Like say.... I dunno... The eiffel tower?

Because I've been thinking about how the whole swamp pop thing was kinda like foreshadowing. Eerily like foreshadowing. You each bought into something to collect a piece of a puzzle that once put together collaborativly led us to an IRL location.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:06 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Slowly making threads for you guys to discuss various parts of things. Thank you all for your patience. I'm juggling this and my toddler {who is very on my lap right now} so it may look a bit disjointed, but I didn't want to wait until after her bedtime tonight to get started.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:21 am
GENERALE CARMINE
Boot

i have checked the coordinates of all satellites in http://science.nasa.gov/iSat/?group=SMD and the only one that crosses those coordinates is "SUZAKU (ASTRO-EII)" link: http://science.nasa.gov/iSat/?group=SMD&satellite=28773

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:28 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

guys, would one of you be kind enough to go to the numbers thread I made and summarize that,? cause I will admit not being the puzzle person I really wasn't paying attention too much. After that, you can move the discussion of what they mean {are they coordinates, something to do with a satellite, how many people they expect to go crazy playing this arg, etc....} over to there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:43 am
IronJ146
Unfettered

I've been using Cloverfield Clues as a reference for the puzzle. There's a really good summary. Please feel free to add and make corrections.

Quote:
There are five new 10 Cloverfield Lane trailer variants showing in theaters this weekend, each containing a different hidden image. The trailers are running before some showings of Deadpool, Zoolander 2, and/or The Hateful Eight, but they could be attached to other PG-13, R, or NC-17 movies as well. Some theaters (Cinemark, Regal, Carmike) also have exclusive trailers for their chains, so it may be difficult to see them all in person, depending on where you live.

The numbers from the trailers we have are:
9, -9

What am I missing?

Edit: Oops, meant to put this in the new thread. My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:57 am
The_Stoned_Ape
Boot

so this is the 'idiot' who has looked at a few spots IRL in regards to the 10CL ARG...I see posts referencing some of my reddit posts as well as general misinformation being spread about the scope and aim of this venture...I will not be entering private property; so far I have visited multiple public places very close to me, that we felt may pertain to us in some way...I have not been to any of the multiple Covington addresses and if I do I can assure you I will be staying on public roads IF I take the drive...

This is the important part..I expect to find NOTHING at these co-ords..my main reason in doing this (like I have stated in multiple threads that have been quoted here) is to explore and learn more about the City I am from, and also just to meet like-minded people...If we can dispel the idea of a Dead-Drop then even that can be looked at as progress.

Everyone here at Unfiction should be very familiar with ARG's and the fact that each individual player decides their own level of Immersion...If I or anyone else wants to take this into real life, please by all means warn of safety precautions or whatever but why resort to personal attacks and judgments? I honestly respect this community a whole lot. Unfiction has been involved in some of my favorite events and I want everyone to know that that respect is real. I understand a lot of your animosity and disrespect towards the Reddit community and would admit that is completely justified as well. But please do not lump me into 'Reddit'. I am a human being and expect the same amount of respect that anyone else entering this forum does.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:55 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

I'm sorry you took it personally, but as you weren't one of the people planning to go onto private property, I was more than obviously not referring to you so no NEED to take it personally. But I do call em as I see em, someone wants to go on private property {and yes, every ARG or Viral, we get these kinds of people} then yes, they are idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:16 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

The_Stoned_Ape wrote:
so this is the 'idiot' who has looked at a few spots IRL in regards to the 10CL ARG...I see posts referencing some of my reddit posts as well as general misinformation being spread about the scope and aim of this venture...I will not be entering private property; so far I have visited multiple public places very close to me, that we felt may pertain to us in some way...I have not been to any of the multiple Covington addresses and if I do I can assure you I will be staying on public roads IF I take the drive...

This is the important part..I expect to find NOTHING at these co-ords..my main reason in doing this (like I have stated in multiple threads that have been quoted here) is to explore and learn more about the City I am from, and also just to meet like-minded people...If we can dispel the idea of a Dead-Drop then even that can be looked at as progress.

Everyone here at Unfiction should be very familiar with ARG's and the fact that each individual player decides their own level of Immersion...If I or anyone else wants to take this into real life, please by all means warn of safety precautions or whatever but why resort to personal attacks and judgments? I honestly respect this community a whole lot. Unfiction has been involved in some of my favorite events and I want everyone to know that that respect is real. I understand a lot of your animosity and disrespect towards the Reddit community and would admit that is completely justified as well. But please do not lump me into 'Reddit'. I am a human being and expect the same amount of respect that anyone else entering this forum does.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

I was actually going to update this with info that whomever was planning on exploring covington from Reddit had heard our concerns and genuinely shared them. Sorry I didn't do it sooner.

I think those of us expressing frustration with this whole thing are mostly aiming it directly at the PMs for not being clear with their clue dropping & involving isolated IRL locations - which given the current state of the internet has a potential to end very badly for any number of people (the CAH Hawaii 2 debacle Pixie brought up is a great example of this).

That combined with a mistrust of Reddit's ability to act rationally and carefully (the whole Boston Bomber thing is a great example of how badly this can go).

You got caught in between the honest frustrations people share with those two seperate groups.

I personally think you should definitely go have a look at the locations we've narrowed it down to, just do so skeptically, cautiously and respectfully of the community there. Which it sounds like is your plan!

It can't hurt to have a look, and it's the most solid lead we have right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Yeah, I mean, there is a huge difference between going on someone's lawn because the exact coords are in X location, and driving/walking by to see if there is something you can see {such as a sign} from the public space of the road. I never said people shouldn't go look, I said people shouldn't go on private property. There is a problem with some ARGers who don't understand boundaries. And can you imagine if just ONE of those private properties had a basement or a bunker door, even if it was NOTHING at all like in the movie? It's not out of line to think in the mass range of the player base that at least one fool will try to break and enter thinking it is IG. So yes, discouragement is the name of the game. {this is even more an issue in my mind since the "documentary" about Jejune came out, and they don't once explain to people who didn't play that half of that was fabricated, and no a player DID NOT break and enter and get rewarded for it!!!}

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:33 pm
The_Stoned_Ape
Boot

I totally agree with you Pixie, The Institute was absolutely somewhat of a disservice to the original 'event' and future ARG's. As you said only half of it was true and the rest was a narrative that the director came up with (still excited for the sequel though 'The Esquire'). I think people saw the DryBones and Organelle interviews and probably got the wrong idea on how it actually went down.

Some people will take anything and everything out of hand and get overly excited about the possibilities. Which is why I continually preface my posts with the idea that I don't think anything will be at these co-ordinates and that my main purpose in doing this is so we can move on to the next theory.

Thanks for hearing me out guys, wanted you all to know I do not plan on getting shot or arrested for the sake of a fairly half-assed ARG..lol, But thank you all for your concern. I hope you all realize I am not an idot...because, again, I truly respect your opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:43 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

FYI - you guys don't have to restrict yourselves to the threads I made, so long as you follow the rules post Smile and use common sense. If you start a thread that belongs in another thread, I'll just merge them, no harm. Try to limit the OOG threads though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:27 pm
catherwood
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Is it possible there are people "subscribed" to this thread who are not aware that there is now a whole subforum for discussions to branch out? I don't use the "feed" feature, so I'm not sure how that might work. Anyway, just wanted to mention it, in the thread, that we can now stop adding to the long stack.

I've always felt that a long thread should be locked when parallel threads are created, to prevent duplicatation of new info and to encourage better organization. This is why I am not a mod.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:35 pm
Page 141 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: