Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:12 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[LOCKED] 10 Cloverfield Lane
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 140 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
IronJ146
Unfettered

dmax wrote:
gimlet wrote:
I absolutely mentioned the box numbers many pages back when 4 digit numbers were first brought up. But it's been a lot of pages since then.

And ljm and the post about "four numbers" preceding that one both didn't mention these upside down ones. I was storing mentions as I went through to make sure it wasn't duplicate.
So, they needed reintroducing. But that's why this is a group effort and not just one person: the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

And, this has become an impenetrable discussion. It needs subdivision so people can find a topic easily. I was focusing on the numbers as I read through those 39 pages and I am NOT going to do it again to sum up the clues about something else.

As the word gets out, expect more and more people saying "I don't know if anyone's said this but..." and it's not fair to lambaste them.

I was actually about to say something similar both about new players and sub threads. There was a TV spot for 10CL during The Flash, and I wondered if it would bring some more players in. A sub forum would be constructive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:33 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
dmax
Unfictologist

IronJ146 wrote:

Did we ever get confirmation that the HS twitter is IG? I'm kinda with Pixie in that an egg pic is generally game jacky.

IIRC, the egg is the default avatar.

For instance, here's @Lurchroboter - an egg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:34 pm
Last edited by dmax on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

dmax wrote:
gimlet wrote:
I absolutely mentioned the box numbers many pages back when 4 digit numbers were first brought up. But it's been a lot of pages since then.

And ljm's that I quoted, and the post about "four numbers" preceding that one both didn't mention these upside down ones. (I was storing mentions as I went through to make sure it wasn't duplicate.)
So, they needed reintroducing if they're in some way useful - and who can tell? But that's why this is a group effort and not just one person: the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

And, this has become an impenetrable discussion. It needs subdivision so people can find a topic easily. I was focusing on the numbers as I read through those 39 pages and I am NOT going to do it again to sum up the clues about something else.

As the word gets out, expect more and more people saying "I don't know if anyone's said this but..." and it's not fair to lambaste them.

I don't think Gimlet is "lambasting" you. You're an oldie here, you know as well as I do how a trout works. Telling someone they said something already is fair game.
IronJ146 wrote:
I was actually about to say something similar both about new players and sub threads. There was a TV spot for 10CL during The Flash, and I wondered if it would bring some more players in. A sub forum would be constructive.

I'm doing my best, I won't lie - I don't think there are many active Admins these days, mostly just Mods. If I have to, I will try sending off some off-uf requests next.

dmax wrote:
IronJ146 wrote:

Did we ever get confirmation that the HS twitter is IG? I'm kinda with Pixie in that an egg pic is generally game jacky.

IIRC, the egg is the default avatar.

I think we are all pretty aware what the egg is, and that in itself is why some of us feel it's game jacky.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:40 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

Pixiestix wrote:
1} I don't think Gimlet is "lambasting" you. You're an oldie here, you know as well as I do how a trout works. Telling someone they said something already is fair game.
2} I'm doing my best, I won't lie - I don't think there are many active Admins these days, mostly just Mods. If I have to, I will try sending off some off-uf requests next.

Thanks for the reformatting if it's possible. Otherwise you'll see folks go to places with...subreddits.

And please don't take my comment as drama. He wasn't rude and I wasn't offended - but I'm not prickly as a default or insecure. Some folks, newbies, may want to stick a toe in and feel more defensive or uncertain.

In a place where every tenth post is "I already said that" it's sure to dissuade new contributions. It certainly made me very hesitant - and even researching, using the search feature, and double-checking -> trout.

Do I want to go through all the pages to make sure for the next thing that gets my attention? It's not my first inclination.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:46 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

Pixiestix wrote:

I think we are all pretty aware what the egg is, and that in itself is why some of us feel it's game jacky.

Oh, you're contending that if it were IG then they'd have given him an avatar. That wasn't clear - or am I still off base?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:47 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Nope, that's pretty much what I originally said yeah. I feel like paramount would have given him an avatar. Plus, I oddly feel like his character would have a tweety box or a book face, especially given his antiquated website FaPT.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:54 pm
IronJ146
Unfettered

dmax wrote:
Pixiestix wrote:

Oh, you're contending that if it were IG then they'd have given him an avatar. That wasn't clear - or am I still off base?

Yea, that's how I interpret it. Especially since there's a picture of Howard they've already used IG. Seems like an easy detail to add unless they're trying to sell him as someone hesitant to put his face on Twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:54 pm
dmax
Unfictologist

Yes, I'm sure it's been said before.
You were brilliant, also

All right. Last thinking about this tonight.
The poster implies that Goodman is a monster, but I'll take the poster literally:

There will be a buttload of different kinds of monsters in this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:07 am
Colt
Unfettered

IronJ146 wrote:
Seems like an easy detail to add unless they're trying to sell him as someone hesitant to put his face on Twitter.

There's no indication of how paranoid he may be other then the letters written to Megan, if he's trying to stay out of focus then plastering your face on social media isn't the first thing someone would do.

However, if he's using his real name, then that contradicts that.

Also, in the bunker the only form of communication that we can see is the Ham Radio, so the postings to FAPT have to be before he went into the bunker.

If we get an update to FAPT saying he's going into the bunker now, if the twitter ever updates after that then that *should* be solid proof it's a GJ if someone is still on the ropes about it. (right?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:11 am
dycaite
Boot

Good news for fellow Australians, Paramount just replied to me with this:

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:41 am
Jane Smith
Unfettered

Whew.. I got escared this morning, thought I lost my mind for good...

I was like, I know its real..... I saw it, It was huge and like 140 pages long!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:02 am
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

I am going to work on making meaningful info threads as the day goes on, be patient with me, and try to just post in the single thread still for now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:05 am
booba
Unfictologist

Yes! We're back on the air!
Thank you mods and admin's for all that you do on a daily basis. Usually a thankless job, but you may get a well deserved standing ovation today!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:08 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Yahoo! It's back again, my friends!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:11 am
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Sorry for double posting. After some disturbances let's go along.

Back top the temporal thread (which is locked now) frankowro mentioned a very interesting idea, which we shall follow!

frankowro wrote:
Hi there, family!
While we wait for our old thread to reappear, I would like to share with you a theory that has just come to my mind.

I was having a look at the Interactive Satellite page we got from FAPT and there is one satellite that navigates in the region over the USA, the SARSAT 10 (NOAA 18 ).

At the moment I am writing this, its latitude is on the 35s and its longitude on the -90s. Would it be too crazy to assume we have been getting these numbers not to go into private property and scare to dead old ladies, but to analyze these satellites routes and once our numbers and the numbers from the satellite situation over Earth are the same, something will happen or we will just get the confirmation that THAT is the place everything is going to exactly happen?

Maybe all of this is a big pile of shait, but it is the first time that I have a theory and I wanted to share it with you.

This is the link: http://science.nasa.gov/iSat/?group=SMD&satellite=28654

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:17 am
Page 140 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: