Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:20 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[LOCKED] 10 Cloverfield Lane
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 140, 141, 142  Next
SecondElection
Kilroy

Check out thecellarmovie.com. The Cellar was also one of the working titles along with Valencia.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:57 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Pakiro
Boot

Wow, it's been years. Can't believe we're back here. I also can't believe in 2016 someone made a movie like this without anyone knowing what it was.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:00 am
LetsGoRangers
Veteran

eblkheart wrote:
One other thing, I am reading reports from several film sites that is not a direct sequel of Cloverfield. I'm seeing that the film has already been seen by several people when it was called "Valencia".

Sources:
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/jj-abrams-pulls-a-sneaky-and-releases-a-surprise-10-cloverfield-lane-trailer

http://collider.com/cloverfield-2-secret-movie-10-cloverfield-lane/

(See comments)

That said, let's take everything with a grain of salt.

Very odd. IF it's true that this is a movie previously named "Valencia" and has been screened already, all reports from people who claim to have seen it say things along the lines of "if it didn't have cloverfield in the title, you'd have no idea it was related." This is pretty confusing, since why would they then make it related? How would it even be a "blood-relative"? If it is not related, what the hell does she see after opening the door, and what is coming for them?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:00 am
eblkheart
Decorated

I'm sitting here at my workstation wondering the same thing myself at 2am. Why use Cloverfield if it's not a sequel or anything remotely, except saying it's a blood relative in a press release but people who have seen it are saying BS? I'm scratching my head.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:05 am
LetsGoRangers
Veteran

eblkheart wrote:
I'm sitting here at my workstation wondering the same thing myself at 2am. Why use Cloverfield if it's not a sequel or anything remotely, except saying it's a blood relative in a press release but people who have seen it are saying BS? I'm scratching my head.

Well, I skimmed through Twitter and this is somebody's take on it.

@robtrench: "10 CLOVERFIELD LANE isn't a sequel to CLOVERFIELD. @bad_robot is creating their own genre-based anthology series under the familiar title."

"Think of it in the same vein as any film with National Lampoon attached to the front - it tells the audience what to expect stylistically."

"Some people are going to be pissed when it's revealed there's no monster. I have a feeling the story will reference its predecessor somehow."

He then refers to this link: http://www.slashfilm.com/10-cloverfield-lane-trailer-cloverfield-2/

If initial reports are true, this seems like a cruel tease to us Cloverfield fans. But it seems like strong speculation.

Since Abrams came out and said its no sequel, it's a blood-relative, it seems the answer is right there. Same universe, completely unrelated story? Why? How?

I guess let's not get our hopes up about MGP or those smaller monsters but idk. Like mentioned before we can't jump to conclusions yet. Gotta take things with a grain of salt until more comes out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:19 am
geezyj
Unfettered

LetsGoRangers wrote:
eblkheart wrote:

Well, I skimmed through Twitter and this is somebody's take on it.

@robtrench: "10 CLOVERFIELD LANE isn't a sequel to CLOVERFIELD. @bad_robot is creating their own genre-based anthology series under the familiar title."

"Think of it in the same vein as any film with National Lampoon attached to the front - it tells the audience what to expect stylistically."

"Some people are going to be pissed when it's revealed there's no monster. I have a feeling the story will reference its predecessor somehow."

He then refers to this link: http://www.slashfilm.com/10-cloverfield-lane-trailer-cloverfield-2/

If initial reports are true, this seems like a cruel tease to us Cloverfield fans. But it seems like strong speculation.

Since Abrams came out and said its no sequel, it's a blood-relative, it seems the answer is right there. Same universe, completely unrelated story? Why? How?

I guess let's not get our hopes up about MGP or those smaller monsters but idk. Like mentioned before we can't jump to conclusions yet. Gotta take things with a grain of salt until more comes out.

This is actually what I wanted from a Cloverfield sequel. Just a movie showing what happens after a giant monster destroys a city and the military nukes the Eastern seaboard...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:30 am
HyperSpider
Kilroy

This is very exciting to me. Even as just a spiritual successor it's great knowing they haven't completely abandoned the franchise, merely a week ago I was thinking about Cloverfield. I'm doubtful that they'll do another ARG, but it would be awesome, the ARG for Cloverfield was great fun, and it lasted super long. Hopefully the film will be a little more than an unrelated movie with a couple of hints dropped here and there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:07 am
SpartanI013
Boot

Can't believe this is my first time on here in 8 years or so... Been digging around and haven't found much. Keeping this page up in case anything comes up. The good ol' days man, hopefully there's some meaty things for us to find in the coming 3 months.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:57 am
SpartanI013
Boot

Pakiro wrote:
Wow, it's been years. Can't believe we're back here. I also can't believe in 2016 someone made a movie like this without anyone knowing what it was.

If anyone can keep shit under wraps it's Abrams. Didn't think it was ever going to happen. Don't care if it's a spiritual successor or a side-story. Anything in the cloverfield universe is beyond welcome to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:02 am
cryosleep
Kilroy

So since this is a "blood relative" of Cloverfield. Perhaps we may be getting a Twilight Zone type series? Several spinoffs with the Cloverfield in the title but all different stories. I'd love to see a tie in with the original but even a spinoff is okay with me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:58 am
lcisneiros
Greenhorn

Roar overlap

Hi I'm new, found you guys searching the internet for clues, I was very much involved and went completely crazy with the originals ARG.

Well, some clues have started to surface about this new movie, here's the one I liked most, from the IMDB forum:

Roar Trailer Overlap Dub: http://viewsync.net/watch?v=-xhIX4qr9JI&t=0.04&v=saHzng8fxLs&t=0.12
- Someone overlapped Roar with the new trailer and it is eerie how perfect it flows together. Intentional or coincidental?

Let's try to find more stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:12 am
lazarusHART
Unfettered

Can't believe the gang's showing up (Hey geezy, Dib)

I'm gonna take a look at all this after I get back from work. Sleeping giant's been awakened. (Heh, punny.)
Coffee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:22 am
ROBLOGNICK
Kilroy

Found this poster on Entertainment Weekly.

"Monsters come in many forms".

Speculation but to me this suggests the real monster in this movie isn't a monster.
CYw5GNpVAAE2WgO (1).jpg
 Description   Found this poster on Entertainment Weekly.

"Monsters come in many forms".

Speculation but to me this suggests the real monster in this movie isn't a monster.
 Filesize   128.42KB
 Viewed   135 Time(s)

CYw5GNpVAAE2WgO (1).jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:40 am
morbus
Decorated

ROBLOGNICK wrote:

Given the existing data:

* John Goodman's character finds this girl and takes her into his pod thing.
* There's imagery of handcuffs and a knee brace/support on the girl...

It seems like this is one of those female-hostage-type situations, where everything is happy until you decide to leave. John Goodman's character seems not ... sane.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
KLind
Entrenched

SecondElection wrote:
Check out thecellarmovie.com. The Cellar was also one of the working titles along with Valencia.

The site is probably pretty old, but... Anyone know any passwords for it?

Also I know they had to release with the Friday film release, but how cool would it have been if this landed on 1-18-2016 instead of the 15th?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:39 am
Page 2 of 142 [2121 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 140, 141, 142  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: