Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:04 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #9 - Birdwatcher
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Luno
Decorated

[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #9 - Birdwatcher

YouTube: Link

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:29 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ReeseSparrow
Decorated

The plot thickens! (Begins)

Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:33 pm
nirualos
Boot

So it seems birdwatcher is seeing a psychiatrist. We know now a few things

1: his leg is injured because of something that happened to him, either disease, an accident, maybe work related or maybe some form of traumatic injury on the line of being shot, maybe in a robbery or war.

2: he has been experiencing this for some time now, and has requested help for something like this in the past.

3: the "shrink" mentions something about "she". This might be birdwatchers ex wife, girlfriend, friend or sister. Maybe this relates to his injury.

4: I think the plot begins here people Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:50 pm
zbeeblebrox
Unfettered

Something has the power to make his leg better temporarily. That's notable as well - it pretty much explains what happened at the end of Broadcast 7

Also, it appears the psychiatrist believes Birdwatcher is suffering from agoraphobia and is using his disability as an excuse, since he seemed pretty disappointed with Birdwatcher's request to have the meds delivered directly to the house.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:56 pm
Last edited by zbeeblebrox on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luno
Decorated

This broadcast made me wonder... is Birdwatcher D. Scott?

After all, Birdwatcher talks about his "investigation", which has apparently been going on for at least five or six months, likely longer than that.

The website updates and D. Scott emails started happening in March this year, eight months ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:08 pm
ToTheArcanine
Decorated

So this confirms that birdwatcher=Noah then. That means CL44 is labeling the tapes by which victim they're stalking.
What I find interesting is that Noah's name, Birdwatcher, describes what he does relative to himself; Noah birdwatches. But then we have Walker who was named relative to Noah, he walks (unlike Noah). Whatever BW was investigating prior to his leg injury earned him special significance among CL44's video subjects.
Maybe he was looking into MH and that's how this series ties in with things. Like Luno said, he could be Scott.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:26 pm
Pawn
Greenhorn

I suspect something really bad happened or is going to happen under that lamp post, as the shadow walking toward it has the same general figure as the living shadow that attacked Birdwatcher in his hallway. The lamp post also reminds me of the lamp Alex was investigating after he was walking his dog and saw the Operator, only to come back and investigate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:27 pm
sp103
Unfettered

Finally some plot development! Looks like birdwatcher had been Teleported many times..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:51 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

I'm not liking this doctor guy. I'm not sure if that's because of what I'm seeing here, or if I'm just used to horror fiction where the doctor is always in on whatever's happening.

Hey, total shot in the dark: is this doctor possibly Dr. Scott?

And I still want to know what's going on with the camera work! If it's nothing and they're just shooting this like a regular TV show, they're doing a piss-poor job of it and I expect better. If it is something, I'd like to know what. If they're expecting us to guess, they need to give us more, better clues.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:41 pm
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

Wow man. Real plot development with two characters having a real conversation and everything. Shocked

Not much else to say about this broadcast I guess, other than wondering about how Birdwatcher's leg injury might tie into this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:57 pm
Waldron96
Veteran

If the "cameras" following the characters are just cameras, as if it were just fiction, i don't mind it, but it is confusing since there were a few prior incidences where it acted like surveillance, unless they're trying to make it come off as a really old public broadcasting show

In terms of plot, we have three stories going on.

#1) Birdwatcher suffering from what zbeeblebrox believes is agoraphobia, had a past incident with a girl that he once or is still hallucinating about (possibly a sister, girlfriend, wife or mother. I'm going with either sister or girlfriend), and is investigating something that's been going on for longer than 5 to 6 months. Look back to the do you hear footsteps video, where they are giving a missing persons report to what sounds like Alex (maybe Tim). Maybe he's a relative to Alex or Tim?

#2) Walker goes into a food store, steals some food, breaks into someone's house to consume, its owner comes home, and Walker attacks the owner. So far, nothing to connect Walker and Birdwatcher other than they live in the same area, I'm guessing

#3) Tim turned left at the very end of Entry #87 towards civiliazation, away from Rosswood Park, and is trying to regain something of a life away from the Operator. Jessica's fate is still unknown, but my guess is she was hospitalized and Tim did lash out at her. It's evidenced by the ambulance siren in the background of Entry #87, and I think its evidenced in the Always Watching movie; you see a missing persons report for Alex at a gas station and you hear an ambulance siren driving past the station (I could be wrong though). Tim is now residing or working within the area that Birdwatcher and Walker are at, still smoking, and delivering boxes of something to a shop of sorts. Perhaps whats in the box is what Walker stole? Perhaps whats in the box is medication for Birdwatcher?

Three separate stories occuring all at once, with Birdwatcher taking the lead in the plot department.

One last thing that need to be addressed: Old man at the end of Broadcast #2. WTF was up with him?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:22 am
ReeseSparrow
Decorated

It seems from the reluctance to bring "her" up, that whoever she is, she was involved with the traumatic event that crippled Birdwatcher, and that the psychiatrist seems to presume was the trigger for his paranoia/agoraphobia. The doctor is taking a pragmatic scientific look at the symptoms Birdwatcher is describing, teleporting is sleepwalking, inability to leave home is agoraphobia. But also, it seems that BW is losing time. The doctor asks him how long it has been, BW says 6 months, but it has apparently been longer than that.. So it appears this series has teleporting, magical healing, losing time, and some other possibly supernatural events. I'm not so sure that it ties directly in to the MH world, but it has similar elements.

Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 am
Waldron96
Veteran

Supernatural or Science Fiction? A beam of light falling upon Birdwatcher, and in that brief moment his leg felt better. Reminds me of the movie Cocoon for some reason.

This series might be documenting and showing hallucinations actually occur, meaning we see what is in the mental ill's heads. Or it could be the usual supernatural aspect, and coincidentally, our main character suffered from a possible traumatic event that causes him to hallucinate, so now no one will believe him. I'm leaning towards aliens with this one, and they're recruiting those who are mentally and physically ill.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:53 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Am I the only one who's thinking that this pattern is just like Tim's pattern? He got sick and go to psychiatrist either as child or adult. People wont trudt him, so he keep it for himself. And just like Tim with Masky power that fight like a badass and ignores pain and past injuries, it also the same for Birdwatcher where he could stand perfectly fine after he got possessed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:30 pm
thisistheend
Veteran

The more I watch this the more I want it to tie in with Marble Hornets.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:34 pm
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: