Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:50 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #8
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
ToTheArcanine
Decorated

[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1-gD6b02Gs

New vid

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I take it this is the guy Noah was talking to last entry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Vinyl_Asylum
Boot

Huh. This seems to take place in the house from 5; I think the building we've seen Noah in is the one seen in "location_scout".

Maybe Walker and Birdwatcher aren't referencing the characters but the cameras and their types...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:13 pm
ydna
Veteran

Vinyl_Asylum wrote:
Maybe Walker and Birdwatcher aren't referencing the characters but the cameras and their types...

It seems like the camera types are tethered to the characters, though. Also, it looked to me as though the characters are transforming into the cameras, rather than just being haunted by them.

EDIT: Though maybe this is some form of possession...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm
elford
Decorated

Ok, so the new guy opens the closet and he can't see Walker in there, so invisibility or some kind of cloaking is happening, and then Walker teleports? or is just still invisible b/c he is in a different place behind new guy and then for some reason attacks him. The attack scene seems to have some shots of hands grabbing new guys head maybe? and two circles like eyes? Then it is only Walker left to walk out into the night. I am beginning to be in the "turning into cameras" camp myself.

Huh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:09 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

...WTF did I just watch?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:28 pm
sp103
Unfettered

We need some context.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:06 am
Lytrigian
Decorated

Looks to be the house from #5. Glasses-&-Beard Dude seems to be the legitimate tenant of the house, rather than Walker, and is puzzled by the can Walker dropped after he ate what was in it. It seems that G & B was the person walking into the place at the end of #5; #8 appears to follow on immediately since the first thing we hear is the front door closing. When Walker scrambled out of the frame at the end of #5, he clearly was going to hide in the closet.

Note that this was not an easy-open can, but a regular steel can. We can see at 0:20 that Walker ripped the top right off of it. He's supernaturally strong.

There's a teleport to avoid detection at 0:33. Why, given what Walker apparently did right after, did he need to avoid detection? Maybe he has to attack from behind to do whatever it was he did.

Since it was daylight when Walker entered the house, some hours elapsed between his attack on G & B and the end of the broadcast. What happened, I don't know yet. Perhaps the next time we see Walker he'll have a face...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:30 am
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

So this seems to confirm that the "camera" is people's eyes at times. So is someone/something somehow able to "broadcast" people's thoughts/memories? Question Curiouser and curiouser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:46 am
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Lytrigian wrote:
There's a teleport to avoid detection at 0:33. Why, given what Walker apparently did right after, did he need to avoid detection? Maybe he has to attack from behind to do whatever it was he did.

I think this is just a matter of simple tactics. Scrunched down at the bottom of the wardrobe isn't a great position to attack from, plus the dude was facing him and would have had a much easier time of defending himself. Attacking suddenly from behind from an unexpected direction makes it much more likely Walker can take down G&B.

This suggests to me that Walker has been looking after himself for a while and been on the run for a good long time. He adopts tactics which allow him to take people down without getting injured himself, he steals food and breaks into places to get shelter using his teleportation and wolfs his meals down straight from the can... it's kind of gross to use this term for a human being, but there's something decidedly feral about him, like he's living off-the-grid in a purely feed-fight-flee sort of existence that is more like how animals live than people.

I'm vaguely reminded of how Brian (and Tim in his deeper Masky states) lived in Marble Hornets - sleeping in improvised bedding in trashed houses or out of the way huts, lurking around in the woods, generally being off the grid as much as possible but for putting out the occasional video. It seems like anyone who develops these teleportation abilities and gains the level of control over them that Brian, Masky-Tim, Walker, and (towards the end) Alex seemed to exhibit, whether this is through Operator exposure or through some other mechanism, ends up becoming unable on one level or another to live like a regular human being or be part of society.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:30 pm
Vacks
Kilroy

Am I the only one who thinks that guy looks like gordon freeman?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:37 am
AdvantageFire
Decorated

@Vacks nope

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:54 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Vacks wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that guy looks like gordon freeman?

I also think the same way! He also look like Joseph with beard. XD

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:57 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

CraicIsMighty wrote:
So this seems to confirm that the "camera" is people's eyes at times. So is someone/something somehow able to "broadcast" people's thoughts/memories? Question Curiouser and curiouser

It would be interesting if it was like that, isn't it? But now, how? Was it like someone else theory that there is microcospic camera in their eyes or is this the entity fault? Because I would not surprise is the entities also possess Walker and make him act like this. The same could also happen to Birdwatcher only for now, Birdwatcher seems to notice he is possessed.

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:08 am
sp103
Unfettered

So in 5 the walker jinja ranger guy attempts to cut open the carpet. Whhen the dudr in this video steps over that srea he sttacks him.

Still not enough to figure out thr premise here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:28 pm
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Another point for the "implanted microscopic cameras" theory: you know those sounds we get when we see through Walker's eyes in this video or Birdwatcher's in the previous? The sort of rushing watery noises? Supposing we're hearing the blood shooting through their veins, or perhaps the motion of the goop inside their eyeballs?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:16 pm
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: