Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Clear Lakes 44- Broadcast #7
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
nirualos
Boot

Just a thought, donotanswer could also refer to the phone, right. Maybe birdwatcher was or is taking orders from someone to report on the glitchy-thingys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:37 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kurazaybo2
Boot

konatals wrote:
wassupbro wrote:
video was just reuploaded.

also the voice of noah sounded like it was coming from the other side of the phone convo. almost like the camera was interception the cellular wave or something

Someone on reddit mentioned the reupload was to use distortion to hide the boom mic that appeared for a second. And I'd imagine the audio sounded like that because the 'being' (glitchy?) that was capturing it just captures audio that way.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to learn that somebody saves the entries as soon as they're up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:54 pm
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Okay... Maybe I have said this before, but I'll said it again.

For now, there seems to be 2 entities so far. One as invisible camera-like monster who seems able to possess people and move like, and the other is a creepy white man. Now that I think about it, this white man reminds me to the creepy white person in one of Totheark entries. I can't remember which, but I'll guess you remember him.

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

You know, I just thought of something. During the POV shot when he drops his cane, was he actually seeing his hands glitching? As in, was that happening for real, and not just a camera affect we see?

And if it is a thing that was actually happening to him, is that a clue to where they're going with this? Does it show that the characters we watch for entertainment actually live in some nightmarish psedo-world when they're not "performing" for us? And these particular are starting to realize what's actually happening? That they're not 'real'?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:57 am
Arizona
Boot

Here's what Birdwatcher says on the phone, as best I can make it out:

Quote:
...don't know what it was. It was like a dream.

Right, it...

Yeah, yeah, I was awake. I was doing the, um -- I was doing what we talked about. The -- right.

(VIDEO DISTORTION HERE)

No, no, I'm -- I'm not narcoleptic, dude. I don't -- I definitely don't have narcolepsy.

(CUT HERE)

That's fine, I just need you to come over. I can't come to you.

I'm not -- no, I need you to come here. I am not ready at all.

I... I appreciate it. Uh, hold on.

(BIRDWATCHER CHECKS HIS PHONE -- I THINK HE'S LOOKING AT THE TIME)

Uh, yeah. Yeah, eight-thirty -- eight-thirty should be fine. All right.

Okay, thanks. Bye.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:05 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

kurazaybo2 wrote:
konatals wrote:
Someone on reddit mentioned the reupload was to use distortion to hide the boom mic that appeared for a second. And I'd imagine the audio sounded like that because the 'being' (glitchy?) that was capturing it just captures audio that way.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to learn that somebody saves the entries as soon as they're up.

I used to do that, but have forgotten to for the last few videos.

I didn't even notice the mic the first time around, to be honest. There's a GIF of the goof posted over at THAC, though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:31 am
gennerx
Unfettered

There was something different about this one. The birdwatcher character was moving his mouth and sounds were coming out. Is that what they call dialog? It's been so long I don't know know for sure..........

ok ok all snark aside this is getting interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:11 pm
elford
Decorated

I have the theory that they are recording themselves on purpose, maybe even going so far as to set up cameras, not just handhelds, as if they are trying to catch and put an end to the Operator himself. Like they've seen MH and want to get to the bottom of this- maybe Birdwatcher was talking to D. Scott on the phone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:07 am
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

So, does anyone else get the impression that the shot from 2:45 onwards, which seems to be from Birdwatcher's POV, is an indication that whoever's behind all this has implanted tiny camera in Birdwatcher's eyes?

I mean, think of it - supposing the cameras that are recording all this stuff are microscopic, the product of some beyond-cutting-edge technology (one potentially enabled by some understanding of the same sort of space-time warping effects that seem to surround the Operator in MH, and which characters like Masky, Tim, and Alex seemed to end up exhibiting themselves to some degree). That would explain a whole bunch of stuff:

- It would explain why people don't seem to notice the cameras - they're microscopic and by definition invisible to the naked eye.

- It would explain how the cameras got where they were.

- It would explain the picture quality - you're going to have to make some sacrifices to get the cameras that small, after all...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:25 pm
leadmetodeath
Veteran

awakeasaurusrex wrote:
So, does anyone else get the impression that the shot from 2:45 onwards, which seems to be from Birdwatcher's POV, is an indication that whoever's behind all this has implanted tiny camera in Birdwatcher's eyes?

I mean, think of it - supposing the cameras that are recording all this stuff are microscopic, the product of some beyond-cutting-edge technology (one potentially enabled by some understanding of the same sort of space-time warping effects that seem to surround the Operator in MH, and which characters like Masky, Tim, and Alex seemed to end up exhibiting themselves to some degree). That would explain a whole bunch of stuff:

- It would explain why people don't seem to notice the cameras - they're microscopic and by definition invisible to the naked eye.

- It would explain how the cameras got where they were.

- It would explain the picture quality - you're going to have to make some sacrifices to get the cameras that small, after all...

I actually thought that the entity goes into Noah's body so it was both Noah and entity POV, but yours so far make more sense.

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:12 pm
Page 2 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: