Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:38 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Clear Lakes 44- Broadcast #7
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Vinyl_Asylum
Boot

Clear Lakes 44- Broadcast #7

http://youtu.be/DbQsyjNErsg

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:32 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
yamiyugi00
Boot

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
My first thought is The Operator's dimension and a Masky fugue-state. Were those pills?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:33 pm
Blank_Zero
Unfettered

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I heard pills as he got off the phone. also, what was not "ready" to do? Leave?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:40 pm
MarbleHead
Boot

Interesting. Those were definitely pills he was taking there. And at the end it looks like he got taken by the Operator for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:19 pm
Boreamor
Veteran

I thought, though it's in the same universe, it has nothing to do with the Operator. So why does everyone jump to that conclusion?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:15 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Wishful thinking?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 pm
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

Dude I am so confused about the camera. Are we supposed to assume that this is in a movie format where we're supposed to pretend that in-universe it isn't being filmed? I don't see how some of the shots make sense otherwise. The camera gets right up in his face. Unless we're seeing this through the eyes of an invisible monster that can zoom in with its eyes. Confused

Also by "I'm not ready" I'm thinking maybe he meant he is not ready to leave his house? Maybe he is agoraphobic?

I don't even know what the hell was happening at the end there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:27 pm
ToTheArcanine
Decorated

Finally somebody talks! Very Happy

Just wanna throw this out there now, notice how the camera creeps behind Noah as he walks to the door? We're apparently seeing through the 'eyes' of whatever our antagonist is, as if we were actively hunting Noah ourselves. Its very unsettling and I love it so far. That also means it was there listening to the conversation in an intangible state of some sort. TO? Possibly, but it seems we're dealing with, for lack of a better term, whatever Hoodie was poorly emulating through Totheark. Makes me wonder if Hoodie hadn't been in contact with Walker at some point and got ideas from him. (Or vice-versa? CL44 clearly watched MH so...)

Anyways, did anyone make out what Phone Guy was saying? Or catch anything cool in the distortion at the end?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 pm
konatals
Boot

CraicIsMighty wrote:
Dude I am so confused about the camera. Are we supposed to assume that this is in a movie format where we're supposed to pretend that in-universe it isn't being filmed? I don't see how some of the shots make sense otherwise. The camera gets right up in his face. Unless we're seeing this through the eyes of an invisible monster that can zoom in with its eyes. Confused

Also by "I'm not ready" I'm thinking maybe he meant he is not ready to leave his house? Maybe he is agoraphobic?

I don't even know what the hell was happening at the end there.

I think the 'thing' was a camera. Or like.. This reminds me of the "things" in EHM that were filming some of the more recent entries. I am not trying to say that's what these are, obviously, but the concept draws me back to that.

I think whatever glitchy thing is/was, it either transferred into Noah or made him into what it is. When we're looking from Noah's perspective it's because he's part of the Clear Lakes 44 'system' at that point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:38 pm
wassupbro
Unfettered

video was just reuploaded.

also the voice of noah sounded like it was coming from the other side of the phone convo. almost like the camera was interception the cellular wave or something

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:20 am
konatals
Boot

wassupbro wrote:
video was just reuploaded.

also the voice of noah sounded like it was coming from the other side of the phone convo. almost like the camera was interception the cellular wave or something

Someone on reddit mentioned the reupload was to use distortion to hide the boom mic that appeared for a second. And I'd imagine the audio sounded like that because the 'being' (glitchy?) that was capturing it just captures audio that way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:47 am
nirualos
Boot

So i am just thinking here, but does the color of the distortion follow a pattern? Different type of distortion for different characters?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:55 am
wassupbro
Unfettered

So with what we've seen, I think there are these weird invisible entities interacting with these characters.

The whole do you hear footsteps is pretty much like, are you aware of them. You might actually be able to hear their footsteps though, since you can hear them knock on your door.

They seem to have...infected birdwatcher. Walker seemed to be running away from them in his portion of the video.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 pm
Vinyl_Asylum
Boot

And "donotanswer" probably means that opening the door invites them in somehow. This goes with what we've seen of Birdwatcher so far, but I'm not sure about Walker. What I want to know is how this ties into the ARG that set it up; I'm sure they're somehow related.

My other theory, as shown in Birdwatcher's POV cam at the one point, is that this is cinematic footage, not found footage. THAC spoke about potentially making the next series after MH in that style, and it would make sense; the opening video would have been like a trailer for the series, almost. That does make me wonder why the name Broadcast would be applicable, however, and "Clear Lakes 44" would have to mean something other than the tv channel name; perhaps the name of the building they're all in?

I dunno.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:39 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Okay, I watched it again after it was reuploaded (I got confused and thought it was a new Broadcast). I still couldn't make out all the dialogue because I can't comfortably wear headphones right now, but I did get some. Here's what I know for sure was said:

Phone Guy "...was a dream?"

Birdwatcher "No, I was awake; I was doing what we talked about"

There was more discussion I couldn't quite make out, but I can infer Phone Guy agreed to meet Birdwatcher, presumably in his home.

This strikes me as extremely important. It shows that Birdwatcher knows something strange is happening, and that he's not the only one. Indeed, this person he's talking to might be the one who clued him in to begin with.

Also, what Birdwatcher was doing in the previous Broadcast was something he was put up to by someone else. So he's probably not actually watching birds, but he clearly was watching something. Or someone.

See, this is where it would be really helpful to know if this is happen now, or in the past. Because bird watching could just be a plausible explanation he gives if someone notices his actions, or, if this is from the past and we're only just now seeing it, it could be a clever in-joke: keeping tabs on Jay would make him a bird watcher, yes?

Also, Birdwatcher needs to stay the hell away from that door; every time he goes near it all hell breaks loose.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:23 pm
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: