Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:40 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #6
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
ReeseSparrow
Decorated

elford wrote:
I'm still having trouble with the camera aspect- like, in television, you have to just suspend your disbelief and watch as if you were the camera, and for some reason I am having trouble processing Clear Lakes as a tv show or movie, and I don't know why. Maybe because of the whole tv channel aspect of it, supposedly this is a tv show broadcast by channel 44? I don't know, it's definitely not scary like MH, if this is the case, b/c it lacks the "realness" factor, this can't be security cam footage the way the camera moves--
I don't know, I'm just not feeling very good about this series yet, I was hoping for something scary, but it isn't cohesive enough to be really anything yet, except extremely confusing, which is disappointing. So far.
That being said, the video length s 2:22 and there were two sets of 4 knocks, bringing the whole 44 theme around again...for some reason.

"He will knock four times."

Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:09 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
sp103
Unfettered

Interesting. .. still not sure..but we have distortion again. Is this Seth.?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:24 pm
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

I've seen nothing so far to imply that Seth is involved in any way.

I got a really paranoid vibe off of Birdwatcher. It does seem like he expected trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:30 pm
elford
Decorated

ReeseSparrow wrote:
elford wrote:
I'm still having trouble with the camera aspect- like, in television, you have to just suspend your disbelief and watch as if you were the camera, and for some reason I am having trouble processing Clear Lakes as a tv show or movie, and I don't know why. Maybe because of the whole tv channel aspect of it, supposedly this is a tv show broadcast by channel 44? I don't know, it's definitely not scary like MH, if this is the case, b/c it lacks the "realness" factor, this can't be security cam footage the way the camera moves--
I don't know, I'm just not feeling very good about this series yet, I was hoping for something scary, but it isn't cohesive enough to be really anything yet, except extremely confusing, which is disappointing. So far.
That being said, the video length s 2:22 and there were two sets of 4 knocks, bringing the whole 44 theme around again...for some reason.

"He will knock four times."

Ok, I had to Google this, and apparently that is from Dr. Who, which we know the real-life Tim is a HUGE fan of.
It meant that the Doctor was going to die? So...does Birdwatcher die? We were just introduced! Dunno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 pm
Supersox
Veteran

ydna wrote:

[*] It is associated with life and birth in hebrew. link.
[/list]

It's not really associated with it in Hebrew. All you have in that link is some conspiracy theorist at work. When it comes to numbers, you can make any number become any other number with some slight of hand.

The big tip is how he tries to get the 44 out of Genesis 4:1. Here's the problem. Chapters weren't added to Scripture until like the 15th or 16th Century or so. That's why commentaries and sermons and lectures preceding that refer to the Biblical accounts by description rather than by chapter. Example: The Death and Resurrection of Christ in John rather than John 19 and 20.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:18 am
ToTheArcanine
Decorated

I suggest Walker has a buddy filming for him, stealthed in an Oppy-like manner.

I mean hey, if they can warp and cause distortion like TO why not?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:59 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Okay! So here's my (overthinking?) indepth theory for each detail.

In the beginning of the video, this guy is already checking outside like checking if anybody out there is ready to interrupt him. Or maybe someone already interrupting him and yet he sees no one there.

Notice how his chair is close to the windows. He purposefully put it there so he could easily peeking through windows. The blinds must be there so that no one know he is inside. At least, he hopes that's what happen.

I pretty sure there's pic in MH website about door picture that said don't open the door or don't answer the phone. I can't remember, but it must be somehow connected to this broadcast.

So... Why no one so far speculate that the shadow thingy is Walker Glitcher? I mean, we don't even see his face yet and his hoodie is black so it's quite fitting. Except Walker Glitcher is also the victim of the black shadow monstrosity, I dunno.

I really feel the title has a hidden meaning to it. Not just he simply watch bird. I think the bird symbolize something. The camera. The camera watches him and he watches the camera. Only, the camera is like a bird. It could move to anywhere it wants. On every direction and places. Even on the floor. This could explain the camera movement in Broadcast 5 and 6.

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

leadmetodeath wrote:
I pretty sure there's pic in MH website about door picture that said don't open the door or don't answer the phone. I can't remember, but it must be somehow connected to this broadcast.

The filename of that particular page was donotanswer.html and the filename of the image was knockknockknock.gif.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:42 am
nirualos
Boot

Another small thing, there seem to be two different bags on the table in the larger room. One of them appears to be a backpack or some other "soft material" bag. The other could be some kind of hard material case, it looks like some kind of toolbox or maybe even a drone- or camera case of sorts.

Another thing worth considering or later is the windows he looks out of. If this house is the same hose we see in the "walker" video, then maybe we can figure out where he sits.

Another thing that popped into my mind was the fact that bird watching, beyond being a hobby, is also a form of fortune telling known as augury. This was a form of divination practiced in ancient Rome, and the "priests" who practiced it were very important. The symbol for these religious practices was a lituus, which kind o looks like a miniature cane.

also, this is not the correct thread, but the birds broadcast#2, does anyone know what kind they are? Maybe they have some kind of significance? Different birds have been part of various mythologies, folklore and fairy tales for a long time.

I am just speculating here though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:13 am
ydna
Veteran

Supersox wrote:
It's not really associated with it in Hebrew. All you have in that link is some conspiracy theorist at work. When it comes to numbers, you can make any number become any other number with some slight of hand.

Well, I did mention I wasn't sure those were reliable. I found hundreds of crazy blog posts, some of which didn't even try to make sense, so I just picked the couple least unreasonable.

That said, I'm fairly sure Judaism does tie numbers with significance, usually from their Hebrew texts. So even if that particular interpretation is moot, there should be a proper one. Anyone knows a rabbi that can give some insight into this?

Not that it's likely to matter. I don't think Troseph's much into this sort of stuff. But we are grasping at straws here...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:34 am
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

nirualos wrote:

also, this is not the correct thread, but the birds broadcast#2, does anyone know what kind they are? Maybe they have some kind of significance? Different birds have been part of various mythologies, folklore and fairy tales for a long time.
I am just speculating here though.

They looked like cranes to me. Sandhill cranes maybe? The footage is too far away and a bit too blurry for me to tell though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:33 pm
NA_Fury
Veteran

One wonders...perhaps this has nothing to do with the operator yet?

Think about it...birds are also a symbol of spying. Who watches the watchers? Perhaps Noah is one of those birds? Maybe Noah is simply a loose end? The sickness associated with the Operator tends to be rather harsh. We've seen from Tim and others that medication can be used to lessen these effects. Does anyone know what the side effects might be? No one, from what I can tell. Perhaps Noah is simply suffering after effects? Perhaps his need for a cane stems from this or operator sickness itself?

The point is, it's still much to early to tell.

One thing is certain...The Operator is still nowhere to be found properly. Perhaps this new player is simply a proxy? Random sidenote: it slightly reminds me of Firebrand a bit.

Either way, I'm hooked.

Currently Playing: ECKVA
Currently Following: EverymanHYBRID, Stan Frederick, The Wyoming Incident

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:34 pm
leadmetodeath
Veteran

NA_Fury wrote:
One wonders...perhaps this has nothing to do with the operator yet?

Think about it...birds are also a symbol of spying. Who watches the watchers? Perhaps Noah is one of those birds? Maybe Noah is simply a loose end? The sickness associated with the Operator tends to be rather harsh. We've seen from Tim and others that medication can be used to lessen these effects. Does anyone know what the side effects might be? No one, from what I can tell. Perhaps Noah is simply suffering after effects? Perhaps his need for a cane stems from this or operator sickness itself?

The point is, it's still much to early to tell.

One thing is certain...The Operator is still nowhere to be found properly. Perhaps this new player is simply a proxy? Random sidenote: it slightly reminds me of Firebrand a bit.

Either way, I'm hooked.

I think that the birds is the cameras since it spies Noah and Walker Glitcher and it moves like birds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:53 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Zarggg wrote:
leadmetodeath wrote:

The filename of that particular page was donotanswer.html and the filename of the image was knockknockknock.gif.

Ah, thank you. So I guess that means Bird Watcher shouldn't have answer the door to whoever out there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:56 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

Yes, that's the impression I get as well. Or at least the website ARG was foreshadowing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:43 pm
Page 3 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: