Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:06 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #5
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Ascalondion
Decorated

elford wrote:
I was kind of joking about Tim delivering jam to the guy in the back alley, but did Walker just steal what looked like something in a jar and run to a house to eat it? Maybe there is a connection there.

You might be on to something. Since the anti-TO effect of the pills were probably more of a side effect of the medicine (I doubt that the doctor would prescribe specific meds against TO), it is not unlikely that a high enough consumption of a specific type of food could also have similar, albeit weaker effects.

Or, this whole thing takes place some time after #87 and Tim is now trying to "poison" the food of people with whatever is in his pills to protect other people from TO. Therefore, what we see in B#4 is Tim dealing with anti-operator food. He enhanced them with the agent from his pills and through some shady deals get the other guy to sell them in regular markets.
Hoodylum/Glitchy/Walker somehow got wind of this and is now trying to get as much of that stuff as possible. OR he really is just some random shoplifter who, by accident, stole a modified jar and is therefore tracked down because... of ... reasons. ...

Awakeasaurusrex's theory seems nice, but I personally don't like the amount of sci-fi in it. For me, I'd like it more down to earth, though given what is already established about TO and teleportation, I probably won't like what is coming if the series went down that road.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:56 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
wanderfox
Veteran

TO?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:58 am
elford
Decorated

TO is short for The Operator.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:12 pm
elford
Decorated

I'm also starting to like the theory posted earlier in the thread about seeing through the Operator's eyes. That camera work was wierd, and it pausing as if wanting to go through the wall-it's just odd. But I didn't think they were going to use the Operator character? Although they maybe just meant he wasn't going to be on film, which makes sense if we're seeing through his eyes, which have become the camera. We need more info, I'm really starting to miss Jay and Tim's white text, which I didn't think I would miss. I would like them to quicken their pace, too, it seems a long wait, but compared to MH, it isn't-just in Marble Hornets we got longer than one minute videos a lot of the time, and from the start we had a theme-Jay looking through tapes, with this series we got nothin'.
Anyway...I thought the stack of VHS tapes behind Quicky Walker Glitchy Stealer was a nice touch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:24 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

I think it's clear that we're not dealing with an ordinary security system at this point. So we're left with 3 options.

1. It is being filmed by TO
2. It's being filmed by an infected who'se teleporting with the camera.
3. Some other supernatural/scifi/big brother has cameras everywhere plot device that hasn't been revealed yet.

There's no real evidence for it yet but I like theory 1 for story reasons. Marble Hornets was about people filming TO, now it's his turn to film them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:43 pm
Ascalondion
Decorated

gennerx wrote:
I think it's clear that we're not dealing with an ordinary security system at this point. So we're left with 3 options.

3. Some other supernatural/scifi/big brother has cameras everywhere plot device that hasn't been revealed yet.

There's no real evidence for it yet but I like theory 1 for story reasons. Marble Hornets was about people filming TO, now it's his turn to film them.

Theory 1 for sure would be pretty sexy. However, there is still a possibility that the camera has no real "in game" meaning in this series. Those camera angles could be for stylistic reasons only, with little to no impact on the actual story, only for our interpretation of what is happening. It's not super likely, but a wouldn’t throw it out of the window yet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:22 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

Ascalondion wrote:
gennerx wrote:

Theory 1 for sure would be pretty sexy. However, there is still a possibility that the camera has no real "in game" meaning in this series. Those camera angles could be for stylistic reasons only, with little to no impact on the actual story, only for our interpretation of what is happening. It's not super likely, but a wouldn’t throw it out of the window yet.

If it were someone else doing this I'd agree but that's too lazy an answer for THAC.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:48 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Just a thought: could "Walker" be a reference to the fact that this is the first time we see the camera we're looking through move?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:53 pm
nirualos
Boot

So Tim might be setting up a "la resistance" against TO.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:42 pm
elford
Decorated

SilentMedusa wrote:
Just a thought: could "Walker" be a reference to the fact that this is the first time we see the camera we're looking through move?

interesting idea, yeah, this camera is moving on its own without someone holding it- also if we are going with the whole security cam idea, most of those are stationary, and this one definitely isn't!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:15 pm
leadmetodeath
Veteran

elford wrote:
^^I like this.
I also like Walker: Texas Glitcher as his name, as that is the first thing I thought of when I saw the title. I was calling him Walker: Texas Ranger but yours makes my day.

Where do you guys got this name idea anyway? XD

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:52 pm
elford
Decorated

It's an American tv series starring Chuck Norris
I have taken the liberty of THAC-ing the photo up a bit
image.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   100.29KB
 Viewed   66 Time(s)

image.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:15 am
wassupbro
Unfettered

I also feel like it could be filmed from an Operator perspective, but intentionally so. I actually think this broadcast was somewhat staged. The camera perspective is made to look like its the operator, much like how marblehornets.com is staged to be Alex updating everything.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:07 pm
Shockwave
Decorated

I can't believe I missed the new series so far. Been out of the loop, blame my computer dying one me for that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:33 pm
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Shockwave wrote:
I can't believe I missed the new series so far. Been out of the loop, blame my computer dying one me for that

How much do you miss?

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:59 am
Page 3 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: