Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #5
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Hazman
Entrenched

I have no clue what is going on here. C'mon guys give me some story/plot/something here. Maybe some JayText?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:28 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
gennerx
Unfettered

This video vindicates my very old theory that the masks and the hoods are just the first step to loosing their face entirely.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:11 am
Ascalondion
Decorated

List of things I want to talk about but have no idea how to do so due to a lack of context:

• This episode being titled "Walker".
  • The odd filters of the camera, making it look grainy; like old or security footage.
  • The sound.
  • The lack face is disturbing.
  • The short distortion image. (~00:51)
  • The lighting in hoodylums house.

aaand holy cow that camera movement. The most awesome thing about 44 so far. It took me from so far aback. After those 4 broadcasts and still images and almost no camera movement (just like this broadcast started too), my brain wasn't ready for seeing this sort of movement. I'm so pumped right now.

So far, I agree with people saying that we are looking now through the eyes of "the operator". The movement pattern fit very well. Standing still for most of the time, teleport-jumping around if needed, and then, at scarce moments, moving creepingly fast and fluid around.
Also, when he (or rather, "the camera") saw hoodylum enter his house, he looked "through" the wall as if he were unable to enter. Then he/it jumped around the corners of the house, as if looking for exits (or doors?).
This somewhat TOish behaviour.

I also like the new layer of meaning it adds to "operator" in a sense of "camera operator", or like TO was just the end of some complicated and magic/futuristic surveillance device. I'm not sure how this will all fit together, but there has to be some sort of connection between the style of these broadcasts and TO.

I find it also worth noting that hoodylum doesn't seem to bother the camera jumping inside his house. Either he doesn't realise it, or this is normal. Especially in the "no face" shot, the camera should be right were the doors is at. But he doesn't seem to mind, only once the door opens he shows some form of reaction.

@gennerx I have my doubts that hoodylum had this face if we were to see through, say, Jays camera. I would rather assume it has something to do with the filters on the camera. That the camera is unable to see faces. (Maybe TO is unable to see faces too? Maybe looking at faces, or rather, non-faces made him mad. Therefore, Masky and Hoody hid their faces to not make him any angrier?)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:53 am
Peppercorn
Decorated

Now that you mention it, this video is very reminscent of the scene in Entry #83 where Hoodie's face (and yet no other part of the image) is covered by a camera glitch. I'm sure that scene is relevant, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:31 pm
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

To me it looked like Hoody 2.0 didn't notice that the camera/whatever-it-was was in their house at first. They swing their head around suddenly like they sensed something watching them. And then it cuts to H2 standing at the door like they were trying to leave (run away?) and then something seems to come in the door after them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:33 pm
baseballfuries08
Unfettered

Location: I'm lost, let's ask that bald, tall, faceless guy in a business suit.

Another implication is that Walker (I propose this name for the new hooded character) went throught the wall. Look at when he makes the sharp turn, it was too soon to go through the door. It's even highlighted with the camera: it makes a full stop right at the point he turned, almost like it didn't knew where he went, and pans to the left, not toward the door, but towards the wall.

Avatar image by punxtr. He's awesome. And sexy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:02 pm
ShadowCross
Boot

This reminds me of this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:28 pm
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Here's my theory: it's not about the Operator, it's about the teleportation.

We had hints right from season 1 with the video of Tim warping around in Jay's room that we are dealing with a universe where skipping about in time and space is possible, possibly by sidestepping into another dimension ("the Ark", or wherever that dark space was where Tim ran into the Hiker's body).

Let's go out on a limb and assume that this phenomenon isn't exclusive to the Operator; exposure to the Operator can give you the ability to tap into this process, conscious or otherwise, and the Operator certainly uses this stuff a lot and is one of the hazards of the other world, but there's other ways and means people can do this. After all, if the phenomenon has been observed once, it can be replicated under the right conditions.

Let's further imagine that Clear Lakes has succeeded in developing some of this teleportation capability through technological means - hence the abilities of some of their cameras - and that in doing so they've discovered that there's people coming through from the other side who, like Walker: Texas Glitcher in this video, aren't actually people the way we understand 'em.

Take this together, then and maybe Clear Lakes 44 is a security operation of a very particular sort - namely, they're fighting a private, secret war against infiltrators from another dimension for control of this teleportation technology.

Taken this way, their surveillance of Tim might have been a routine checkup - perhaps that delivery was nothing to do with Clear Lakes itself so much as it's part of his present day job, and the camera had teleported into place to watch the handover and see if it could pick up anything funny about Tim. The fact that Tim's face didn't glitch out as he went past the camera or anything like that probably means he's clean, at least for the time being (but for how long?), so we probably won't see him again - they've got no reason to keep investigating him. This would also explain why Clear Lakes has taken control of the Marble Hornets website and YouTube account - they'd want to get all over that to see what useful information they can get out of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:36 pm
elford
Decorated

^^I like this.
I also like Walker: Texas Glitcher as his name, as that is the first thing I thought of when I saw the title. I was calling him Walker: Texas Ranger but yours makes my day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:20 pm
pumahawk
Boot

elford wrote:
I also like Walker: Texas Glitcher as his name...

i laughed for way too long at this.

wow, feels weird logging back into this site...hooray for another series to lurk and maybe post a couple of times! (trying to be a little more active)

first initial thoughts - why is the video titled "Walker", if our Walker Texas Glitcher is running?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Maybe we'll find out his name is actually Walker?Dunno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:43 pm
elford
Decorated

or like, do they mean it as some sort of reference to the zombies from the walking dead? b/c this character is clearly a runner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:51 pm
wanderfox
Veteran

How about we call him glitch?
sounds good

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:36 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

So... Am I the only who screaming this when first time watch this video?

"A road footage? Someone must be going to run through the screen. OMG SUPER CORRECT! RUN DUDE! RUN FROM WHATEVER CHASE YOU! IS THIS A FREAKING OLIMPIADE RACE?? XD Nothing? Nah. He's going to appear. THERE HE IS! RUN FOR YOUR FREAKING LIFE! XD Hey, whatchadoing there? You seems to very invested to open the bottle. Cant you open it in normal way? XDD"

I hope I'm not the only Asian people here.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:10 am
elford
Decorated

I was kind of joking about Tim delivering jam to the guy in the back alley, but did Walker just steal what looked like something in a jar and run to a house to eat it? Maybe there is a connection there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:37 am
Page 2 of 5 [66 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: