Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:03 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #4
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
gennerx
Unfettered

TheSupremeFace wrote:
Why are people questioning if that's Tim or not? Just accept that the smoking sideburn sir is Tim

It because THAC said they wouldn't be using actors/characters from MH for this. So if he is Tim they lied to us......and if he's not Tim they deliberately tried to make us think it was Tim and they lied to us that way. So the question is which lie is real?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:16 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Just to muddy the waters a little more Twisted Evil someone (Iceman9910) on Youtube believes that this footage is actually pre-Marble Hornets. He asserts that this footage takes place sometime in the gap between Alex halting production of the film, and Jay rediscovering the tapes and uploading them to Youtube, kicking off the investigation that would ultimately cost him his life.

As for what's in the boxes, I have no idea. I don't think it's the MH tapes. I don't think there were enough to make such a heavy load that it would take a dolly to move them, and I've always thought those tapes were in Tim's house when it burned down.

And whatever's happening here could be completely legitimate. I'll put forth a scenario here: Tim works for whatever business he's standing in back of. The guy with the dolly works for a different place, and was supposed to pick up an order from Tim's workplace. When we see Tim he's agitated, talking on the phone and pacing back and forth. That's because he has an order for pickup, and nobody's there. That would piss me off too, especially if I thought I'd be held accountable for something going wrong.

Or, something else I just thought of: those boxes looked rather small. They actually look like they could be cases of jars (like jelly, pickles, peanut butter, etc.). Kind of like the jar we saw our latest hooded character stealing Foily! .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:17 am
ydna
Veteran

SilentMedusa wrote:
Or, something else I just thought of: those boxes looked rather small. They actually look like they could be cases of jars (like jelly, pickles, peanut butter, etc.). Kind of like the jar we saw our latest hooded character stealing Foily! .

I'm calling it: peanut butter gives the infected magical powers in this series.

On a more serious note, I really don't think this is Tim. This series has a very different feel to it, so far, so it wouldn't make much sense to introduce some character so directly from MH this early.

Also, the name Clear Lakes has been bothering me for a while. I thought maybe it's some sort of anagram. So I ran it into an anagram generator and I found a couple interesting results:

Call Ark See
Sea Ark Cell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:12 am
elford
Decorated

I have to say it--
for all those shippers
--it's cases of Jam
Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:18 am
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:28 pm
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

gennerx wrote:
TheSupremeFace wrote:
Why are people questioning if that's Tim or not? Just accept that the smoking sideburn sir is Tim

It because THAC said they wouldn't be using actors/characters from MH for this. So if he is Tim they lied to us......and if he's not Tim they deliberately tried to make us think it was Tim and they lied to us that way. So the question is which lie is real?

They said they weren't going to use MH actors? Well then we already know they lied about that. Regardless of what character he's meant to be, Tim's presence is evidence of that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:03 pm
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

ydna wrote:
Also, the name Clear Lakes has been bothering me for a while. I thought maybe it's some sort of anagram. So I ran it into an anagram generator and I found a couple interesting results:

Call Ark See
Sea Ark Cell

It's been pointed out by others that "Clear Lakes" is an anagram for "Alecs Krale"...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:22 pm
Malckeor
Decorated

gennerx wrote:
It because THAC said they wouldn't be using actors/characters from MH for this. So if he is Tim they lied to us...

They also once said that Marble Hornets would conclude with season 2, and that they'd be putting all of their focus into comedy after Marble Hornets's conclusion.

In my simple little mind, one of two things is going on here: either they lied to us about Clear Lakes 44 having nothing to do with Marble Hornets in order for us to be super duper extra surprised when discovering that it's actually a probably-likely-direct sequel that features Tim, or they changed their minds during the series' production (LATE in production, might I add) and decided to do a sequel rather than starting a whole new series. After seeing how ingrained with Marble Hornets characters and events the pre-series "ARG" was, coupled with how dramatic they made Tim's face reveal, I'm leaning much more towards the former.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:56 pm
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

Putting this in spoilers because I'd like to start making a separation between IG and OOG posts now.

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I don't think they actually lied; at worst, they intended to deflect any assumptions that this series is going to be MH 2.0 in any sense. This is a new story that might reference their old work, but still a new story.

I don't have access to their exact words at the moment, but my understanding of what they meant to say is that the story is not going to focus on Jay, Alex, and Tim as characters. I'm also pretty sure they did not mean to imply that a member of THAC would never portray a character in the series, because that would be absurd. I remember a few people trying to argue that on the THAC forums when Noah first appeared in Broadcast #3.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:58 pm
slendydreaming
Veteran

I agree with Zarggg, plus this way they don't have to pay new actors and they've got Noah anyway for the "new guy". Besides, I really liked the reveal of it being Tim in the last broadcast and I'm curious to see if this is a prequel to Marble Hornets or a sequel.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 pm
wassupbro
Unfettered

Zarggg wrote:
Putting this in spoilers because I'd like to start making a separation between IG and OOG posts now.

I don't think they actually lied; at worst, they intended to deflect any assumptions that this series is going to be MH 2.0 in any sense. This is a new story that might reference their old work, but still a new story.

I don't have access to their exact words at the moment, but my understanding of what they meant to say is that the story is not going to focus on Jay, Alex, and Tim as characters. I'm also pretty sure they did not mean to imply that a member of THAC would never portray a character in the series, because that would be absurd. I remember a few people trying to argue that on the THAC forums when Noah first appeared in Broadcast #3.

my thoughts aren't seprated that well for IG and OOG so its all going in spoiler for this one.

I want to agree with you. I really do, but I just can't. All the evidence points otherwise. If they wanted to separate this series from MH, they surely aren't doing the best job. I don't think the series as a whole will be Marble Hornets 2.0, and I don't think TO will make an appearance, but with the website and now Broadcast #4, I really do think that we are looking at Tim Wright. Broadcast #4's sole purpose was to show this. The focus is intentionally off except for at the area that Tim walks into at the very end. This is to make it like a reveal of who it is that we were looking at in the "Security" cameras. Not to mention the plaid shirt and smoking to signify his identify.

That being said, there is no way in hell that this footage of Tim is after season 3. Unless THAC wanted to stupidly ruin the ambiguous ending to MH and just be like "oh yeah Tim's alive btw." I think it is before he got involved with Jay. Thats all I'll say now. The rest would just be assumptions based off of this and where the series looks like it could be going.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:38 pm
zbeeblebrox
Unfettered

gennerx wrote:
TheSupremeFace wrote:

Okay, let's just clear(lakes) the air, so we're all on the same page about this: where, precisely, did they say this and can we have a link to it? I'd rather we be criticizing a primary source, rather than a secondhand, possibly half-remembered quote.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:30 pm
Luno
Decorated

If you're looking for a source, here's a post from Joseph's Tumblr, where he says he, Troy and Tim won't be in front of the camera, and that they will be hiring actors for the new series: http://josephdelage.tumblr.com/post/121787793399/is-it-true-that-you-troy-and-tim-wont-be-in-the

It was posted in June, so I guess it's possible they changed their minds since then. Personally, I will be very surprised if Tim turns out to be a main character in CL44. I think it's more likely this footage of him will be used to lead in to the main mystery of the series, which will make use of other characters instead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:57 am
gennerx
Unfettered

Zarggg wrote:

Read the tumblr post. They specifically said Troy and Tim would not be on camera. Not even Star Wars logic can make it true, not even from a certain point of view.

http://josephdelage.tumblr.com/post/121787793399/is-it-true-that-you-troy-and-tim-wont-be-in-the

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:38 am
Monitor
Boot

Well, no arguing that.

But, this leaves us two possibilities. One, they lied. Two, plans changed at some point and they decided to keep it quiet.

Considering the status of Tim's hair in Broadcast 4, I think they lied, but I won't begrudge them for it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:36 am
Page 3 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: