Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sat May 27, 2017 7:07 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #4
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
SheWhoSlaysMonsters
Decorated

Yeah, I'm definitely inclined to believe that's

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Tim.

Authors lie all the time about that sort of stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:40 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
leadmetodeath
Veteran

SheWhoSlaysMonsters wrote:

Tim.

What do you mean with "Authors lie"?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:37 am
Monitor
Boot

She means that authors lie about stuff in a show or movie or book they're working on before they release it.

Plans change and people adjust ongoing projects for any number of reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:12 am
Mr. Green
Greenhorn

leadmetodeath wrote:
SheWhoSlaysMonsters wrote:

Tim.

What do you mean with "Authors lie"?

Story creators often lie about what's their stories are about when asked so as to have some surprises in store for their audiences.

Like in The Dark Knight Rises when the director said that Marion Collitard wasn't playing
Talia Al Ghul
when fans were theorizing about her role prior to the films release, and
"SURPRISE!" Rolling Eyes
she was
Talia

THAC could be lying to surprise us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:15 pm
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Thoughts on this:

- Whatever interaction went down between Tim and Guy With Trolley, it looks rather... transactional to me. If they were both working for the same outfit I'd have expected Tim to go off with the guy with the trolley to help hlm transport the stuff - or, for that matter, deliver the stuff closer to where trolley-guy needs to get it to in the first place.

- On top of that, it looks like a bit of a dodgy transaction. I mean, three boxes of whatever sold behind a shed in a semi-abandoned industrial area? That doesn't scream "legitimate business" to me.

- Whoever's behind these broadcasts has access to the MH YouTube account. Part of me wonders whether part of the transaction included handing over the password and account details? Imagine: you're post-Marble Hornets Tim, driving off to who-knows-where and intent on making a new life for yourself. Suddenly, someone offers you a fad wad of cash and help with establishing a new life and making sure you are kept pilled-up and left alone in return for access to the MH account and the tapes. Given that you don't really want to be responsible for either albatross, you accept - leading to the transaction we see here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:38 pm
Monitor
Boot

Yeah, but Tim would know about how TO spreads. Would the situation be desperate enough he'd be willing to do that? He was in a pretty bad spot at the end of MH.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:47 pm
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Monitor wrote:
Yeah, but Tim would know about how TO spreads. Would the situation be desperate enough he'd be willing to do that? He was in a pretty bad spot at the end of MH.

Tim knows a batshit insane conspiracy theory Alex spouted in the middle of a killing spree. There's no good reason for Tim to believe that the Operator spreads through the tapes or any other mechanism aside from sheer random chance and not taking his medicine regularly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:51 pm
Monitor
Boot

That is...perfectly valid.

Still room for doubt either way, though, since there's some strong indications none of it just happened on its own. Tim's proximity and TO being caught on tape probably was why TO spread to the others.

(Key word: Probably.)

At any rate, tapes and some old footage don't exactly scream dodgy back-alley deal in an abandoned part of town. Certainly nothing illegal. I don't think the tapes are what was in those boxes. Tapes would be too light to warrant a hand truck, anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:55 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

Monitor wrote:
That is...perfectly valid.

Still room for doubt either way, though, since there's some strong indications none of it just happened on its own. Tim's proximity and TO being caught on tape probably was why TO spread to the others.

(Key word: Probably.)

At any rate, tapes and some old footage don't exactly scream dodgy back-alley deal in an abandoned part of town. Certainly nothing illegal. I don't think the tapes are what was in those boxes. Tapes would be too light to warrant a hand truck, anyways.

If this really is Tim it's probably medication. Not everyone has a prescription for anti-TO pills. He may be trying to help the other people who are infected. Dealing prescription drugs is definitely a reason for secrecy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 pm
elford
Decorated

How would he get that much medication? He would only be given enough for himself, and he is probably going to be using them. Even if the doctor was crooked enough to risk his job and prescribe more than enough for one person, I don't think he would have prescribed as much as what we are shown, unless Tim saved it up? I would be more inclined to think they were Jay's tapes, but I don't think he'd want to spread the infection, just in case what Alex said was correct. We just don't know.
Is this maybe the company Tim worked for, when he said he had to go save up some money for the final excursion he and Jay were going on?
Hhhh, so much speculation. I hope we get another video soon, these are very short like MH videos were, but I guess whoever is editing these surveillance videos likes to keep them brief.
I don't think totheark went away when Brian died, and we may be viewing this series through their eyes. That would be kinda cool.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:44 pm
ZakMarcus
Greenhorn

I'm all for the slow build, but will we be getting any kind of story anytime soon?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:48 pm
SheWhoSlaysMonsters
Decorated

Hopefully we will!

The closest thing we have to a story so far is some person named DScott supposedly investigating the events surrounding the Marble Hornets story, or perhaps, someone else far more cryptic hijacking the leftovers of this investigation.

Whether the YouTube videos and the investigation are directly or tangentially connected is yet to be seen.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:12 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

elford wrote:
How would he get that much medication? He would only be given enough for himself, and he is probably going to be using them. Even if the doctor was crooked enough to risk his job and prescribe more than enough for one person, I don't think he would have prescribed as much as what we are shown, unless Tim saved it up? I would be more inclined to think they were Jay's tapes, but I don't think he'd want to spread the infection, just in case what Alex said was correct. We just don't know.
Is this maybe the company Tim worked for, when he said he had to go save up some money for the final excursion he and Jay were going on?
Hhhh, so much speculation. I hope we get another video soon, these are very short like MH videos were, but I guess whoever is editing these surveillance videos likes to keep them brief.
I don't think totheark went away when Brian died, and we may be viewing this series through their eyes. That would be kinda cool.

Let me clarify my theory on this. Tim isn't getting these pills from his prescription. However he's getting them, it's clearly not legal. That's why this whole scene looks so shady. All this assumes of course that this guy is actually Tim.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:15 pm
TheSupremeFace
Unfettered

Why are people questioning if that's Tim or not? Just accept that the smoking sideburn sir is Tim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:49 pm
Oscar Langley
Unfettered

The videos are getting more and more normal. The only distortion now is the blur and I'm not sure that isn't occurring on the original film - maybe a piece of weird glass like shower doors are made of? Perhaps in the next video we'll hear people having conversations.

Tim Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:50 pm
Page 2 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: