Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Thu May 25, 2017 11:37 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #3
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 4 of 6 [77 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Lytrigian
Decorated

Supersox wrote:
I have been saying ever since MH was still going that Brian IS NOT Hoody and that the only thing we see for sure is that Hoody (and not Brian since I think they are two different people) is dead.

We've been shown Brian = Hoody as clearly as MH ever showed anything. Choosing not to believe it at this point isn't terribly reasonable.

However, I'm perfectly prepared to believe that perhaps Brian isn't
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
dead.
Maybe not even Jay. In Brian's case we have to believe Alex. In Jay's case I don't think we know what happened following Entry 83. We later see Tim cleaning the graffiti off his mirror, but we don't see him
disposing of the body
unless I'm seriously not remembering something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:45 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Lytrigian wrote:
Supersox wrote:
I have been saying ever since MH was still going that Brian IS NOT Hoody and that the only thing we see for sure is that Hoody (and not Brian since I think they are two different people) is dead.

We've been shown Brian = Hoody as clearly as MH ever showed anything. Choosing not to believe it at this point isn't terribly reasonable.

dead.
Maybe not even Jay. In Brian's case we have to believe Alex. In Jay's case I don't think we know what happened following Entry 83. We later see Tim cleaning the graffiti off his mirror, but we don't see him
disposing of the body
unless I'm seriously not remembering something.

In Entry 84 after Tim got home, I'm pretty sure Jay's body is already gone. Which could prove there's another Hooded guy other than Hoodie Brian and Skully. I mean, who could change a mirror and remove the body and papers like that? To my knowledge, not TO, Alex, nor Brian since he is death. And most importantly, why place all of that there in the first place while I don't think he has no time to do that.

But if you want to stop talking about this, it's fine to me. Last thing I want here is a fight (which is not same as arguing). Ignorance is a bliss anyway, so...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:42 pm
Rend
Boot

Lytrigian wrote:

dead.
Maybe not even Jay.

So we arent 100% sure Jay is
dead
for realsies? This gave me the horrible thought that there is a possibility that new goody could be Jay. Guys, what if new hoodie was shoplifting but it was just Jay astoundingly to look awkward while trying to remain incognito.

All joking aside, I wouldn't count anyone out just because the wrmere dead in the original. There has a been a lot of vaguess about Clear Lakes as a spiritual successor. Even if it looks like it was still MH related they could be exploring other possible worlds. Somewhere out there on a different d-brane where Alex did burn the tapes so the story could only unfold with 3rd party footage. Or something taking place before Alex even filmed MH, I haven't seen any egregiously post 2010 technology yet . Or something. I am just eagar for some plot y'all

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:45 pm
Cjennz
Greenhorn

Seems to me like these videos are someone, post Marble Hornets, keeping tabs on people who they know have the operator in their lives, through hidden surveillance cameras. Maybe it ends up being a study into the operator. If it ends up just being some content-less weird artsy stuff I'll be annoyed though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:35 am
Monitor
Boot

I cannot into spectrograms, so I want to ask - is anyone checking the audio on these Broadcasts? I know that was a thing back in Marble Hornets sometimes with totheark videos. Is there even anything to find?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:01 am
GnomonRose
Decorated

Re: A Nursing Home??

[quote="theonewhoquestions"]
Also, the title, Clear Lakes 44 doesn't sound... hmmm... Well, if it were a facility called Clear Lakes and there were 44 cameras, maybe. They wouldn't label it as such though, and whoever labeled it is a pretty good with graphic design. I guess it could be the 44th facility in the Clear Lakes franchise, but I'm not sure if franchising Nursing Homes is a thing. If it were an address it would be a fake address, so there's not much use in looking it up (not that I didn't look it up to be sure, including using D.Scott's number as the address). I feel like this series puts a lot of emphasis on number games so far. Numerology, maybe?[/quote]
I've been thinking about this...thank you for your reflections in still water. Very Happy Perhaps it could be an establishment for 'assisted living' rather than an actual nursing home.

Anyway, I thought the 44 would indicate not how many franchise holders the Clear Lakes people have, nor how many cameras are set up, but rather the TV channel number (either a cable number or just the old fashioned knob on actual broadcast TVs with rabbit ear antennas).

Maybe this conjectured "Clear Lakes Assisted Living Villas Company International Incorporated LLC Agreement Partnership Association Center" has an actual local cable channel for its live-ins, sort of like a corporate local-access channel, and [i]that [/i]is what is broadcasting the brain-controlling woodpecker footage; however, one person has access to this channel's control center (probably it's automated mostly) and has copied their logo etc. for this YouTube channel, and has given it the same name, but instead of posting the woodpecker himself, he posts closed circuit surveillance footage and hidden camera footage just because he gets a thrill from illicit doings and invading patients' privacy.
Or because he wants to attract the notice of someone who can intervene on the patients' behalf, I mean they're being brainwashed and also cared for very badly.
I personally feel like that most or all of the footage so far could be from the campus of the Clear Lakes Assisted Living home, its backyard area and parking lot and rooms and on-site convenience store.
Sleeping: When forum goes dead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:01 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

I'm fairly certain that the Operator is not involved here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:27 am
slendydreaming
Veteran

GnomonRose wrote:
theonewhoquestions wrote:

Also, the title, Clear Lakes 44 doesn't sound... hmmm... Well, if it were a facility called Clear Lakes and there were 44 cameras, maybe. They wouldn't label it as such though, and whoever labeled it is a pretty good with graphic design. I guess it could be the 44th facility in the Clear Lakes franchise, but I'm not sure if franchising Nursing Homes is a thing. If it were an address it would be a fake address, so there's not much use in looking it up (not that I didn't look it up to be sure, including using D.Scott's number as the address). I feel like this series puts a lot of emphasis on number games so far. Numerology, maybe?

I've been thinking about this...thank you for your reflections in still water. Very Happy Perhaps it could be an establishment for 'assisted living' rather than an actual nursing home.

Anyway, I thought the 44 would indicate not how many franchise holders the Clear Lakes people have, nor how many cameras are set up, but rather the TV channel number (either a cable number or just the old fashioned knob on actual broadcast TVs with rabbit ear antennas).

Maybe this conjectured "Clear Lakes Assisted Living Villas Company International Incorporated LLC Agreement Partnership Association Center" has an actual local cable channel for its live-ins, sort of like a corporate local-access channel, and that is what is broadcasting the brain-controlling woodpecker footage; however, one person has access to this channel's control center (probably it's automated mostly) and has copied their logo etc. for this YouTube channel, and has given it the same name, but instead of posting the woodpecker himself, he posts closed circuit surveillance footage and hidden camera footage just because he gets a thrill from illicit doings and invading patients' privacy.
Or because he wants to attract the notice of someone who can intervene on the patients' behalf, I mean they're being brainwashed and also cared for very badly.
I personally feel like that most or all of the footage so far could be from the campus of the Clear Lakes Assisted Living home, its backyard area and parking lot and rooms and on-site convenience store.

I really like this idea, could explain the footage of the old man sitting in a dirty room with cables ripped out, and maybe whoever was in the store was shoplifting for the old man, since we did see a person outside of the old man's door.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:29 am
gennerx
Unfettered

Zarggg wrote:

Yes but this doesn't rule out proxies acting on their own. That Hoodie is too big of a coincidence.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:24 pm
Last edited by gennerx on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
theonewhoquestions
Unfettered

GnomonRose wrote:

Maybe this conjectured "Clear Lakes Assisted Living Villas Company International Incorporated LLC Agreement Partnership Association Center" has an actual local cable channel for its live-ins, sort of like a corporate local-access channel, and that is what is broadcasting the brain-controlling woodpecker footage; however, one person has access to this channel's control center (probably it's automated mostly) and has copied their logo etc. for this YouTube channel, and has given it the same name, but instead of posting the woodpecker himself, he posts closed circuit surveillance footage and hidden camera footage just because he gets a thrill from illicit doings and invading patients' privacy.

I was considering it could be an in-house channel, like some hotels have (a nice, non-copyright infringing channel). There's not really any real evidence for hypnotism yet though. And Noah has been the only one shown actually watching it. Well, and us, if you think about Broadcast #2 in that way. I'm gonna have to wait for more broadcasts before I can say for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:10 pm
Lytrigian
Decorated

One problem we may have here, at least to start with is
trying to distinguish characters from actors. It seems likely to me based on general body shape that not!Hoody is probably Troy, but given that is he intended to be the same character from MH or not? Same with anyone Joseph and Tim end up playing. There are only 4 of them after all, 5 if we count Brian, and the only one of the group who's there now but was not on-camera in MH is Noah. If they did want to make a new series with all new actors, they'd either have to hire a bunch of actors, or do the acting themselves again and hope we eventually picked up that they're not supposed to be the same people.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:55 pm
Hazman
Entrenched

Lytrigian wrote:
One problem we may have here, at least to start with is
trying to distinguish characters from actors. It seems likely to me based on general body shape that not!Hoody is probably Troy, but given that is he intended to be the same character from MH or not? Same with anyone Joseph and Tim end up playing. There are only 4 of them after all, 5 if we count Brian, and the only one of the group who's there now but was not on-camera in MH is Noah. If they did want to make a new series with all new actors, they'd either have to hire a bunch of actors, or do the acting themselves again and hope we eventually picked up that they're not supposed to be the same people.

It was the same issue trying to work out who Hoody was. They said we couldn't base it off build as they all had to step in and act as Hoody multiple times. I think what they are meaning when they say that they aren't going to be in at. The mean as Alex, Jay and Tim. But Joseph, Troy and Tim might play other (minor) characters or hooded characters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:32 pm
Elektrikhd
Boot

As has been brought up, but I think bears reiterating, the THAC guys said they wouldn't be acting in this series, at least not in a big way. Most of the MH characters wouldn't make sense
because dead, except Tim

and OOG they may decide to not act in it, especially if there are connections back to MH, to prevent confusion. There's at least a theory, if not a THAC-guys stated-official thing that the old characters might appear in "old" footage; in that case, they really shouldn't play new characters who show their faces.

As was pointed out on a review of MH I watched recently, and I've noticed it myself, they're also careful about costuming, and have used it as a clue for identities and one or two other things.

Tim and Masky rather blatantly wear the same jacket from the start, long before we get the reveal that they're the same person. But before that, there is an instance when Jay disappears in his own surveillance footage. TTA soon after posts video of him in Brian's old house having an encounter with the Operator. Jay remarks that he's wearing the same clothes in both, and hadn't been at any other time. Brian and Hoodie wear the same hoodie; even with out OOG information, it would seem this is a pretty big directorial hint. Plus near the end after Hoodie seemingly falls to his death and is taken by Operator, Alex then shows Tim Brian who appears lifeless. Tim seems convinced. And Alex has never demonstrated powers of illusion.

I think part of our difficulty right now is that we have so little to go on at this point, we really can't do much. So far, we seem to have an odd mix of 80s public access TV or low budget VHS productions and some sort of surveillance footage. There are so many questions, and a lot of them are pretty vague as of yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:44 pm
leadmetodeath
Veteran

gennerx wrote:
Zarggg wrote:

Yes but this doesn't rule out proxies acting on their own. That Hoodie is too big of a coincidence.

Except they are not proxies at all. Maybe it just me, but I think it's already obvious that the masked people do this simply cause they want to. No one tell them what to do especially TO. Except Alex.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:59 am
Lytrigian
Decorated

leadmetodeath wrote:
gennerx wrote:
Zarggg wrote:

Except they are not proxies at all. Maybe it just me, but I think it's already obvious that the masked people do this simply cause they want to. No one tell them what to do especially TO. Except Alex.

I'm not even sure that the concept of the proxy is applicable to MH.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:47 am
Page 4 of 6 [77 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: