Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:03 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #3
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 6 [77 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
theonewhoquestions
Unfettered

So the way the music cuts out means it's actually coming from the television this time, and not just the backing track for the video like it appears to be for #2? Does that mean anything?

We have some possible characters now, although nobody named.

1. Noah's character (tv cane man)
2. Shoplifter
3. Old man in chair (rocking in filth with my door open)
4. Open door enthusiast (right outside there)
5. Figure in dontdoit picture (probably #2 again, unconfirmed)
6. Parking lot man (probably #2 once again, unconfirmed)
7&8. Random people in lobby who are probably not a thing.
9. D.Scott
10+. Whoever wants us to see these.
11(?). Whoever doesn't want us to see these.

Not that any of these people couldn't be the same person as another on this list. It's just the best rundown I could think of right now.

Also, we have
12. Alex
if we want to take the website stuff at face value that Alex wrote them all and they are entirely connected to the series. D.Scott is kind of ambiguous too, but I figure they needed to be on the list so we don't forget.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:30 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Supersox
Veteran

leadmetodeath wrote:
Also obviously not Brian.

SilentMedusa wrote:
No, it was Brian who did those things.

Actually, it's only obvious that
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Hoody is dead and that Hoody did those things.
It's like I've been saying since well before
Hoody's demise
in Entry #86, we don't actually have any hard proof that Hoody = Brian.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:23 am
GnomonRose
Decorated

A Nursing Home??

I was writing before of how I thought the name Clear Lakes and also the images suggested perhaps a housing development or apartment complex or such. But now we have the elderly man sitting alone and Noah watching the same TV image of a woodpecker or whatever and walking with a cane. Maybe it's set in a nursing home, and these are surveillance camera shots mostly from the nursing home campus.

Maybe one of the security guards has been saving or hoarding odd bits of video, maybe even setting up hidden cameras, and posting these to get his kicks, and later he'll find something really significant. I don't think this idea would cover the weird video effects, but still, it's an idea. Some sort of peeping tom pervert character who stumbles on a murder, etc....

The woodpecker stuff seems to be the same video exactly as when Noah was not in the room; maybe these inmates or patients are brainwashed or something and hypnotized by this image...??

And, whether it's off topic or not, one of the TTA videos WAS named surveillance, right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:38 am
Last edited by GnomonRose on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
ydna
Veteran

Quote:
Soundhound picked up Sonata for Piano and Violoncello in A Minor, Op. 36: I. Allegro Agitato by Robert Cohen & Roger Vignoles

Oh, I did try to use Soundhound too but didn't have any luck. Good. To be more specific, this is "Sonata for Piano and Violoncello in A Minor, Op. 36: I. Allegro Agitato" composed by Edvard Grieg.

This is probably just a meaningless music choice, but a couple of points grabbed my attention:

• He is a great Norwegian composer, that greatly helped define their national musical identity.
  • He suffered from several lung conditions, which ultimately led to his demise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:41 am
theonewhoquestions
Unfettered

Re: A Nursing Home??

GnomonRose wrote:
I was writing before of how I thought the name Clear Lakes and also the images suggested perhaps a housing development or apartment complex or such. But now we have the elderly man sitting alone and Noah watching the same TV image of a woodpecker or whatever and walking with a cane. Maybe it's set in a nursing home, and these are surveillance camera shots mostly from the nursing home campus.

Maybe one of the security guards has been saving or hoarding odd bits of video, maybe even setting up hidden cameras, and posting these to get his kicks, and later he'll find something really significant. I don't think this idea would cover the weird video effects, but still, it's an idea. Some sort of peeping tom pervert character who stumbles on a murder, etc....

The woodpecker stuff seems to be the same video exactly as when Noah was not in the room; maybe these inmates or patients are brainwashed or something and hypnotized by this image...??

And, whether it's off topic or not, one of the TTA videos WAS named surveillance, right?

And one was named Broadcast. This is kind of a bad nursing home if that shot with the ripped out outlet and the floor all filthy was the same place. Not that it couldn't be.

Also I'm considering how it would tie into everything else. At this point, I'm not sure.

So we'd have
1. A missing person
2. Alex's weird website
3. Weird camera footage. Err, that's most of the series.
3. Like weird voyeuristic footage of people doing mundane things, except for the shoplifting.

There is a slight possibility that the website is separate, and is trying to wrap things up in an interesting way, but it's unlikely. Hopefully the videos will keep coming at the speed they are until we hit THE THING. As in the thing that ties it together. Either that or maybe we're looking for website clues in the footage. It's a lot of visual imagery though, which can be hard to narrow down into words.

Also, the title, Clear Lakes 44 doesn't sound... hmmm... Well, if it were a facility called Clear Lakes and there were 44 cameras, maybe. They wouldn't label it as such though, and whoever labeled it is a pretty good with graphic design. I guess it could be the 44th facility in the Clear Lakes franchise, but I'm not sure if franchising Nursing Homes is a thing. If it were an address it would be a fake address, so there's not much use in looking it up (not that I didn't look it up to be sure, including using D.Scott's number as the address). I feel like this series puts a lot of emphasis on number games so far. Numerology, maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:17 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Supersox wrote:
leadmetodeath wrote:
Also obviously not Brian.

SilentMedusa wrote:
No, it was Brian who did those things.

Actually, it's only obvious that
Hoody is dead and that Hoody did those things.
It's like I've been saying since well before
Hoody's demise
in Entry #86, we don't actually have any hard proof that Hoody = Brian.

I never said that Hoodie is not Brian and I never said that Hoodie is not death. That two point, just like you said, is obvious. But for the point where Hoodie Brian did it, I simply not convinced. What I'm trying to say is that there is another Hooded Guy that is not Hoodie Brian or Skully who possibly working with Masky Tim.

And no Seth has twin theory again. That one is understandbly super stupid. But this one where there is The Third Hooded Man could be true. I have write the prove and I won't mind copy paste it again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:34 am
gennerx
Unfettered

Guy in a hood....Theory confirmed. This shows about the proxies.......or whatever you want to call them since THAC doesn't like that term.

Also that's the same room/TV that had the sigma symbol on it in Broadcast 2.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:39 am
TheSupremeFace
Unfettered

Oo, something that's not just security camera footage!

Ok so somethings to note:

- TV shuts down, man gets up to fix it, fixes it and IMAGE IS UP SIDE DOWN (look again, the woodpecker is up side down this time)

- After image fixes, man walks to turn off lights and before he sits back down CUT TO STATIC (suspicious!)

- What's after Static? Hoody2.0 Taking a jar of peanut butter and TO pills (i don't know if it's peanut butter but I like peanut butter!).

so what's strange is things get eerie after the tv changes. The man sits in the dark (presumably) to watch up side down footage of a woodpecker? MAYBE, just maybe, after he turns off the lights, he goes off to do some shady TO shenanigans (like Alex once did under the influence), before sitting back down.

Why do I think this? Well it cuts to Hoody2, so perhaps this is 44 telling us that CraneMan has gone off to do things! Maybe i'm over speculating, but boy i'm excited to see some setting being built.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:46 am
theonewhoquestions
Unfettered

TheSupremeFace wrote:
Oo, something that's not just security camera footage!

Ok so somethings to note:

- TV shuts down, man gets up to fix it, fixes it and IMAGE IS UP SIDE DOWN (look again, the woodpecker is up side down this time)

- After image fixes, man walks to turn off lights and before he sits back down CUT TO STATIC (suspicious!)

- What's after Static? Hoody2.0 Taking a jar of peanut butter and TO pills (i don't know if it's peanut butter but I like peanut butter!).

so what's strange is things get eerie after the tv changes. The man sits in the dark (presumably) to watch up side down footage of a woodpecker? MAYBE, just maybe, after he turns off the lights, he goes off to do some shady TO shenanigans (like Alex once did under the influence), before sitting back down.

Why do I think this? Well it cuts to Hoody2, so perhaps this is 44 telling us that CraneMan has gone off to do things! Maybe i'm over speculating, but boy i'm excited to see some setting being built.

I think it's more likely the bird changed positions in the time it took to get the screen back up. And it would have to be vertically inverted, not upside-down, since the tree and bird are in the same position to each other. And I don't think it could be that either, since the objects (snow? I dunno) are falling down before and after.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:55 am
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

Ok so I've been a bit behind in all this Clear Lakes 44 stuff I just went on youtube and saw these new videos in my sub feed.

I'm sort of curious about the decision to upload this stuff on the MH channel and the use of the word "broadcast" for the new "entries". I wonder if there's any sort of connection to TTA's broadcast video? Like is there going to be any MH connection at all in this new series? (Sorry I haven't really been keeping up with THAC related stuff since MH ended)

The part with Noah's character in the beginning seemed kind of reminiscent of an MH season 1 entry, with the weird ambient background music. The house he was in also seemed weirdly empty. Really don't know what to make of these broadcasts, they are just such a weird jumble of clips.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:23 am
Elethamei
Unfettered

The shoplifter is -A from Pretty Little Liars. Calling it.

I can't wait to know the in-game reason to post these on the MH channel (I hope there is one).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:03 pm
Teedub
Decorated

CraicIsMighty wrote:
Ok so I've been a bit behind in all this Clear Lakes 44 stuff I just went on youtube and saw these new videos in my sub feed.

I'm sort of curious about the decision to upload this stuff on the MH channel and the use of the word "broadcast" for the new "entries". I wonder if there's any sort of connection to TTA's broadcast video? Like is there going to be any MH connection at all in this new series? (Sorry I haven't really been keeping up with THAC related stuff since MH ended)

The part with Noah's character in the beginning seemed kind of reminiscent of an MH season 1 entry, with the weird ambient background music. The house he was in also seemed weirdly empty. Really don't know what to make of these broadcasts, they are just such a weird jumble of clips.

Haha! This broadcast also reminded me of Season 1, especially reminded me of Entry #24, due to the strange music. And at first, I have to admit, I didn't like how these broadcasts were so ambiguous. However, I'm now enjoying the fact that the beginning of this series is seriously screwing with my mind. We're all just trying to figure out what is going on, and it's just... eerie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:20 pm
Ithilwen22
Entrenched

I think I'll come out of hibernation for this...

I think when it comes to Not!Hoodie, I have a few theories. One is that Hoodie was not dead for whatever reason (video editing done to break Tim, magic TO interference, etc.) and is still running around being crazy, or there has always been a number of Hoodies. Or it's just some guy who put on a hood and mask to shoplift and confuse the viewers with his outfit. Razz

Who's gonna steal the peanut butter? I'll get the can of sardines. Running up and down the aisle of the mini-mart, sticking food in our jeans...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:16 pm
Supersox
Veteran

leadmetodeath wrote:

I never said that Hoodie is not Brian and I never said that Hoodie is not death. That two point, just like you said, is obvious. But for the point where Hoodie Brian did it, I simply not convinced. What I'm trying to say is that there is another Hooded Guy that is not Hoodie Brian or Skully who possibly working with Masky Tim.

And no Seth has twin theory again. That one is understandbly super stupid. But this one where there is The Third Hooded Man could be true. I have write the prove and I won't mind copy paste it again.

You misunderstood me.

I have been saying ever since MH was still going that Brian IS NOT Hoody and that the only thing we see for sure is that Hoody (and not Brian since I think they are two different people) is dead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:24 pm
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

At a con appearance after MH ended, THAC confirmed during a Q&A session that Brian was Hoody.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:35 pm
Page 3 of 6 [77 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: