Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:22 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[VIDEO] Clear Lakes 44
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 5 [65 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

Well, for what it's worth, I notice the Marble Hornets channel logo has changed to the 44 logo. I don't like it Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:59 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Vinny
Veteran

SilentMedusa wrote:
Well, for what it's worth, I notice the Marble Hornets channel logo has changed to the 44 logo. I don't like it Crying or Very sad

How come you don't like the change in the channel icon?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:02 am
GnomonRose
Decorated

Overlapping words in video/logo

At first the words "CLEAR" and "LAKES" overlap, so that the C and L look pretty clean, E is superimposed with A, A with K, and R with E, and then the final A. This suggests to me that there may be some wordplay, an anagram or something. Didn't one of the totheark videos mention still lakes or something in an acronym?
I can find it but I'm a tad lazy.
For myself, the phrase Clear Lakes reminds me of a housing development, or else some sort of "green" association. If it's a housing complex the cc tv feed of a lobby would make sense, community security.
The logo has a tree, water, and a circle, all important to the old series.

wordsmith.org has an anagram server and that reminds me that in the letters of "Clear Lakes" we have ARK, we have ALEKS. It anagrams into LACK RESALE too.

OR!!
ALECS KRALE holy shit
Sleeping: When forum goes dead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:29 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

gennerx wrote:
I was joking about this being a possible SCP vlog......... mostly .....

My bad.

NewMerchant wrote:
it could be a tv station hijack like the wyoming incident which troy mentioned once and or the max headroom incident.

I won't deny that the boys weren't influenced by those events. They recently brought them up again at the ConnectiCon panel.

SilentMedusa wrote:

I might be in the minority, but I think it's pretty cool. Of course, being in my mid-thirties probably gives me bias towards the old local broadcast TV pastiche. Wink

GnomonRose wrote:
wordsmith.org has an anagram server and that reminds me that in the letters of "Clear Lakes" ... anagrams into ... ALECS KRALE

*GASP* Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 am
UnQuantifiable
Veteran

ALEC KRALE may be a unintentional hint where its being filmed. I is removed from Kraile, and X is replaced by C. I C. Flip it and you get. C I. Cincinnati maybe? There's also a Clear Lakes, Iowa.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:53 pm
Pawn
Greenhorn

The beginning of the video was shown and depicted to us just like a film or broadcast company from the 80s-90s, suggesting a television/radio studio called "Clear Lakes". When I was a little kid, film companies, television studios, all of them would open with ads just like those meant to inform the viewers of the company that brought them the proceeding content.

Due to the fact that this is a broadcast, and given the fact that the angles of quite a few shots are suggested to be taken through security/surveillance cameras, could Clear Lakes be some sort of entity or conglomerate group of people spying on the cast. The Operator has been known to be able to effect technology, cameras, recording equipment. Perhaps it has honed this ability and has found a way to turn cameras into its own personal eyes and ears.

The Operator is an extra-dimensional being that can traverse space and time, enabling it to teleport, create interference with various forms of electronics, so I wouldn't put it passed It being capable of performing such a task.

Mind you all of this is just thought-vomit, but the words at the end "Dependable, Reliable" ring of a serious big name company slogan that corporations use to assure their viewers of having reliable service. Obviously I could be reaching with many of these things, but much of the video carries the aforementioned tones and tropes, including even a slight "Big Brother" or in this case "Big Slender/Operator" feel, if in fact there is some form of surveillance taking place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 pm
konatals
Boot

Pawn wrote:
The beginning of the video was shown and depicted to us just like a film or broadcast company from the 80s-90s, suggesting a television/radio studio called "Clear Lakes". When I was a little kid, film companies, television studios, all of them would open with ads just like those meant to inform the viewers of the company that brought them the proceeding content.

Due to the fact that this is a broadcast, and given the fact that the angles of quite a few shots are suggested to be taken through security/surveillance cameras, could Clear Lakes be some sort of entity or conglomerate group of people spying on the cast. The Operator has been known to be able to effect technology, cameras, recording equipment. Perhaps it has honed this ability and has found a way to turn cameras into its own personal eyes and ears.

The Operator is an extra-dimensional being that can traverse space and time, enabling it to teleport, create interference with various forms of electronics, so I wouldn't put it passed It being capable of performing such a task.

Mind you all of this is just thought-vomit, but the words at the end "Dependable, Reliable" ring of a serious big name company slogan that corporations use to assure their viewers of having reliable service. Obviously I could be reaching with many of these things, but much of the video carries the aforementioned tones and tropes, including even a slight "Big Brother" or in this case "Big Slender/Operator" feel, if in fact there is some form of surveillance taking place.

I thought the overall knowledge from THAC confirmed that this wasn't connected to MH?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 pm
djf2564
Greenhorn

Re: Overlapping words in video/logo

GnomonRose wrote:
At first the words "CLEAR" and "LAKES" overlap, so that the C and L look pretty clean, E is superimposed with A, A with K, and R with E, and then the final A. This suggests to me that there may be some wordplay, an anagram or something. Didn't one of the totheark videos mention still lakes or something in an acronym?
I can find it but I'm a tad lazy.
For myself, the phrase Clear Lakes reminds me of a housing development, or else some sort of "green" association. If it's a housing complex the cc tv feed of a lobby would make sense, community security.
The logo has a tree, water, and a circle, all important to the old series.

wordsmith.org has an anagram server and that reminds me that in the letters of "Clear Lakes" we have ARK, we have ALEKS. It anagrams into LACK RESALE too.

OR!!
ALECS KRALE holy shit

I thought it was obvious that this "Clear Lakes 44" channel has something to do with Alex.

His birthday is 4/4, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:14 am
Vinny
Veteran

Anyone else notice the video is 44 seconds long?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:26 am
Twitch
Greenhorn

Hmm
Confirmed?

Vinny wrote:
gennerx wrote:
Clear Lakes is another reference to water and everything still feels very TTA. Mounting evidence that this is gonna be about proxies. Maybe they'll finally tell us what the ark is with this one.

When I had my Skype chat with them, I asked them: what was the ark?
They cut out the audio momentarily and talked about it among themselves, I guess they were deciding on how to answer my question. But they ended up saying to me "maybe you'll find out more about what the ark is in the new series"

I hate being "that guy", but has this been confirmed at all? The lack of an answer to that question was one of my problems with the MH ending.

I don't want to get too excited about this Razz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:05 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

Re: Hmm
Confirmed?

Twitch wrote:
Vinny wrote:
gennerx wrote:
Clear Lakes is another reference to water and everything still feels very TTA. Mounting evidence that this is gonna be about proxies. Maybe they'll finally tell us what the ark is with this one.

They cut out the audio momentarily and talked about it among themselves, I guess they were deciding on how to answer my question. But they ended up saying to me "maybe you'll find out more about what the ark is in the new series"

I hate being "that guy", but has this been confirmed at all? The lack of an answer to that question was one of my problems with the MH ending.

The guy the Hoodie showing up may not be confirmation but it's a good start.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 pm
Elektrikhd
Boot

Confirmed?

gennerx wrote:
Twitch wrote:
Vinny wrote:
gennerx wrote:

While I agree about elements of the videos having TTA-like qualities and there being a likelihood of TTA or the Ark itself having some more information revealed in this series (I saw a recap/analysis of MH that had footage of THAC at a panel saying as much; I can find it again I think), I wouldn't read too much into the hooded person in Broadcast 3.

For one, given the events at the end of MH, I would say that it can't be the same person. I could see some possibility in this happening prior to the MH events, but given the care THAC took in clothing selections to point out character identities and such, I doubt that's the case. Hoodie never changed clothes in MH, so why start now? I'm not sure how long the Hoodie personality would have existed before MH; certainly not before Alex's filming, perhaps not even until Jay starts posting the videos. So my think is that the hooded person in CL Broadcast #3 is a new character. An intentional nod to Hoodie, maybe even a similar character, but not the same one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

Confirmed?

Elektrikhd wrote:
gennerx wrote:
Twitch wrote:
Vinny wrote:
gennerx wrote:

While I agree about elements of the videos having TTA-like qualities and there being a likelihood of TTA or the Ark itself having some more information revealed in this series (I saw a recap/analysis of MH that had footage of THAC at a panel saying as much; I can find it again I think), I wouldn't read too much into the hooded person in Broadcast 3.

For one, given the events at the end of MH, I would say that it can't be the same person. I could see some possibility in this happening prior to the MH events, but given the care THAC took in clothing selections to point out character identities and such, I doubt that's the case. Hoodie never changed clothes in MH, so why start now? I'm not sure how long the Hoodie personality would have existed before MH; certainly not before Alex's filming, perhaps not even until Jay starts posting the videos. So my think is that the hooded person in CL Broadcast #3 is a new character. An intentional nod to Hoodie, maybe even a similar character, but not the same one.

I never said it was the same person. The THAC crew specifically stated they wouldn't be rehashing old characters in this series and Brian is dead anyway. Rather I think it's someone else who got infected by TO and has the same compulsion to hide his face The point that I was trying to make is that if there's a character like this it's likely we'll get to find out what the ark is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:18 am
Twitch
Greenhorn

Quote:

I was referring to the skype chat being confirmed or not. It seems to be the only hard evidence proving the two stories are connected (if it's true of course.)

No offense to vinny since he claims to have had the chat; I just want to ensure that they actually said that. It personally seems odd that they would hint at the two being connecting due to their love of ambiguity.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:30 pm
WriterNancy
Boot

Total n00b
Looking To Get Involved

Hey, all. I found out about this site from the Marble Operator podcast. I've been interested in doing ARGs since LG15 but have never been able to catch something from the beginning. I'm looking for a mentor type to work with or just some peeps to offer guidance. Reading through the intros and stuff I noticed that a big suggestion is not to start mid game. I've been watching since the first CL44 vid was released but know nothing about what came before with the websites so I'm not sure if it's too late to jump in.

I'm good with cryptology, riddles, puzzles (think The Stone) and eager to learn more. Too late to jump into this one?

Or, if you know of something good coming up/just starting, please feel free to point me there.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:10 am
Page 3 of 5 [65 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: