Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:53 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[VIDEO] Clear Lakes 44
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 5 [65 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Valamist
Boot

GameGodOfAll wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK?!

I just check youtube for something and see this?!

Wow. That's a shocker. Are they starting back up or starting a new thing or what?

This is awesome.

Indeed! I honesstly thought we would never hear from the Marbel Hornets story again... is this a new series or continuation or somthing!?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:28 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
fezstudios
Unfettered

This looks good. I love the old 80s/90s VHS tape look (especially that little jingle at the beginning), however the actual "footage" looks very HD and new, which is an odd parallel. I thought the "broadcast" font was a bit of a strange choice as well.

So the first shot seems to be of water - already bringing the "clear lakes" into it, I guess. The second and third shots of the hallway and chair look very sterile, possibly a hotel?
The shot of the two people walking might be the same location as well...

The shot of the parking lot is very reminiscent of entry #59, although I don't think it's the same spot. A lot of distortion as well, maybe there's something we're not supposed to see?

Hopefully the next update will come out a bit faster than it took for the average MH Entry. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:52 am
jenni42ld
Decorated

There is a Clear Lakes 44 twitter account. And it first retweeted the MH account 7 hours ago so it might be real.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CIearIakes44

Update: nope, it's a fan. Nm!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:01 am
Last edited by jenni42ld on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
djf2564
Greenhorn

Cioger wrote:
SilentMedusa wrote:
but the body language makes me think Tim. Specifically, it looks to me like he's waiting for someone. That's all I've got for now.

it kinda looks like the person in question is smoking too.

I thought he was talking on a cell phone...

And while I agree that the body language resembles Tim, I've seen the back of Jay's head enough to know that it's Jay...

Who's suppose to be dead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:03 am
SilentMedusa
Entrenched

He is dead. I've been working on the assumption that any footage we see of the MH guys is old footage (that maybe we didn't see at the time).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:10 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

Hey, guys. Do you guys don't realize this is the video from the Connecticon Teaser?

And what if that person is not Tim or Jay, but Seth? OR DR WARREN???? #DrWarrenIsImportant

Hm... Could be, at least...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 am
Lolindir
Greenhorn

fezstudios wrote:
Hopefully the next update will come out a bit faster than it took for the average MH Entry. Wink

OOG: Check out their Patreon Wink Don't worry about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:18 am
sp103
Unfettered

The body language of the male apparently smoking has TIM written all over it.

Now what I can't tell is if they are just using their massive subscription base to start a new story (which is a good idea let's face it). To me it seems like a new series and for some reason the messages feel like "Clear Lakes 44" is supposed to be a TV channel of some sort (Reliable, Dependable).

Just my thought. Anyway glad to have a new story to follow!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:25 pm
TheSupremeFace
Unfettered

So what's this thing supposed to be?

I'm probably just seeing things but that whole section is dark except for that one area

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:30 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

TheSupremeFace wrote:
So what's this thing supposed to be?

I'm probably just seeing things but that whole section is dark except for that one area

It's a big black door that probably looks identical to the one in the distance. The part your pointing at is the bottom of the window. Might also be an elevator it's hard to tell.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:16 pm
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

There's a car with its brakes on in the distance in the parking lot scene, and the figure in the lot looks like he is watching it, as if he were waiting to be met here. Perhaps if they were on the phone they were letting a contact know that whatever this meeting is is about to go ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:04 pm
jenni42ld
Decorated

A possible Operator sighting, people squinting at deliberately messed up video footage, desperately searching for any light colored pixels inside a mass of darker colored pixels. NOW it's Marble Hornets!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:06 pm
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

sp103 wrote:

I had that same thought, but I also remember that Trosephim were saying that they weren't going to be actors in the new series.

sp103 wrote:
Now what I can't tell is if they are just using their massive subscription base to start a new story (which is a good idea let's face it). To me it seems like a new series and for some reason the messages feel like "Clear Lakes 44" is supposed to be a TV channel of some sort (Reliable, Dependable).

I definitely agree that this is going to be a "new story." gennerx expressed doubts that this might turn into an SCP vlog in another thread, but I remember Troy saying from the start that this is going to be in the universe established by Marble Hornets, but its own separate story, and that the characters of Troy, Tim, et al, would not be involved.

As to what Clear Lakes 44 is supposed to be, yes, I agree that it appears to be a local cable station, possibly public or public access.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:07 pm
gennerx
Unfettered

Zarggg wrote:
sp103 wrote:

I had that same thought, but I also remember that Trosephim were saying that they weren't going to be actors in the new series.

sp103 wrote:

I definitely agree that this is going to be a "new story." gennerx expressed doubts that this might turn into an SCP vlog in another thread, but I remember Troy saying from the start that this is going to be in the universe established by Marble Hornets, but its own separate story, and that the characters of Troy, Tim, et al, would not be involved.

As to what Clear Lakes 44 is supposed to be, yes, I agree that it appears to be a local cable station, possibly public or public access.

I was joking about this being a possible SCP vlog......... mostly .....

but I agree this is going to be it's own thing. I still think there's going to be enough carry over from MH that we'll get to find out what the ark is. No way they would leave that alone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:33 pm
AdvantageFire
Decorated

it could be a tv station hijack like the wyoming incident which troy mentioned once and or the max headroom incident.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 pm
Page 2 of 5 [65 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: